Cleveland Browns 2023 Edition

Last edited:
Stefanski not naming a starter reeks of him acting like a brilliant coach and making the Jags prepare for both QBs.

Like Jacksonville would spend more than 5 minutes preparing for DTR 🤣
I hate to laugh at this, and obviously they would, but this really sums up our qb situation right now. It's so bad. Who would have ever thought Joe Flacco would give the Browns the best chance to win?

I hate to laugh at this, and obviously they would, but this really sums up our qb situation right now. It's so bad. Who would have ever thought Joe Flacco would give the Browns the best chance to win?
Who would have thought at the beginning of the year that someone like Joe Flacco would even be in the mix? With all the QB injuries that have happened across the league, I wonder what Derek Anderson is doing these days? :ROFLMAO:

I saw a tweet from a Jags fan that said if CJ Beathard was unable to go Sunday (apparently, he had some kind of shoulder injury against the Bengals) that Doug Pederson would be next on the depth chart. :cool:

I saw a tweet from a Jags fan that said if CJ Beathard was unable to go Sunday (apparently, he had some kind of shoulder injury against the Bengals) that Doug Pederson would be next on the depth chart. :cool:

That’s a good one. I think Pederson is a year or two younger than Flacco!

If Trevor Lawrence & the backup C.J. Beathard are unable to play, former Ohio U Bobcat Nathan Rourke is on the Jags practice squad. Rourke went undrafted out of college but was the 1st pick in the CFL draft - he is from Ontario. Rourke had a great rookie year in the CFL, got a free agent tryout & ultimately signed w/ the Jags. Rourke had perhaps the best highlight play of the 2023 NFL preseason.

Rourke at 6’1, 210 lbs is a decent athlete and has an average arm.

That’s a good one. I think Pederson is a year or two younger than Flacco!

If Trevor Lawrence & the backup C.J. Beathard are unable to play, former Ohio U Bobcat Nathan Rourke is on the Jags practice squad. Rourke went undrafted out of college but was the 1st pick in the CFL draft - he is from Ontario. Rourke had a great rookie year in the CFL, got a free agent tryout & ultimately signed w/ the Jags. Rourke had perhaps the best highlight play of the 2023 NFL preseason.

Rourke at 6’1, 210 lbs is a decent athlete and has an average arm.
Better than Trubisky?

Trubisky's still with Pittsburgh, no?

We may never get to find out this weekend if Rourke is better than Trubisky - Jags Trevor Lawrence was a limited participant today in practice while backup C.J. Beathard was a limited participant on Wednesday. I have not seen any Thursday practice status for Beathard. The line for the Browns-Jags game moved 6 pts with Lawrence injury last week: the Jags were a projected 3 pt favorite but Cleveland moved to a 3 pt favorite once Lawrence was injured in the Bengals game.

Hopefully Rourke gets a chance at some point, he is only 25.

We may never get to find out this weekend if Rourke is better than Trubisky - Jags Trevor Lawrence was a limited participant today in practice while backup C.J. Beathard was a limited participant on Wednesday. I have not seen any Thursday practice status for Beathard. The line for the Browns-Jags game moved 6 pts with Lawrence injury last week: the Jags were a projected 3 pt favorite but Cleveland moved to a 3 pt favorite once Lawrence was injured in the Bengals game.

Hopefully Rourke gets a chance at some point, he is only 25.
Lawrence will play just an ankle sprain might limit his ability to run.

This feels like a must win for the Browns, even though it isn’t. I just feel like a third straight loss might trigger a death spiral. Their defense only plays well at home, so this one pretty much needs to be won on Sunday or the pressure is going to get intense as the margin for error disappears.

This feels like a must win for the Browns, even though it isn’t. I just feel like a third straight loss might trigger a death spiral. Their defense only plays well at home, so this one pretty much needs to be won on Sunday or the pressure is going to get intense as the margin for error disappears.
I agree. While obviously not a true "must win", it certainly feels like one. Winning this Sunday would definitely set up the Browns to be firmly in the drivers seat for a wild card spot, especially with the remaining schedule.

Stefanski refused to name a starter today. Said he'll announce it 90 minutes before gametime Sunday.

I assume it's just gamesmanship at this point - the team has to know who's starting (Flacco). DTR has cleared concussion protocol, so he's available to play Sunday.

Maybe he'll platoon the two - because we know that always works /sarcasm :ROFLMAO:

I agree. While obviously not a true "must win", it certainly feels like one. Winning this Sunday would definitely set up the Browns to be firmly in the drivers seat for a wild card spot, especially with the remaining schedule.
You guys both said what I came here to post. Numerically not must-win, but self-confidence is way better than self-doubt. Let's get that W.

To me the key to this game is on the D side of the ball … if both Myles & Denzel are back playing at a high level … I will feel good about the outcome … if they are not … I will be very worried.

To me the key to this game is on the D side of the ball … if both Myles & Denzel are back playing at a high level … I will feel good about the outcome … if they are not … I will be very worried.
I'm worried about Myles health. He was obviously compromised last week. Ward is a talent and they could sure use him back in the lineup but he's always on the verge of his next injury. My greatest hope for him on the injury front is that he avoids concussions.

I'm worried about Myles health. He was obviously compromised last week. Ward is a talent and they could sure use him back in the lineup but he's always on the verge of his next injury. My greatest hope for him on the injury front is that he avoids concussions.
Myles tends to taper off at the back half of every season. Not sure why.

Unfortunately, you could write this same thing just about every other week.
The day of the draft, when the Browns had picks 1 and 4 with a chance to define their franchise, they chose two midgets to play a big man’s game. Denzel is hurt a lot because he’s small. Baker isn’t great because he can’t see from the pocket.

Houston had two top picks in the most recent draft and took CJ Stroud and Will Anderson. That’s how you do it.