Cincy 08

crusader0443

Whos the team to beat this year in cincy? Theres a tonn of talent in the 08 class, whose going to step up? who isnt? Who is the big shots of cincy this year? Any good freshman? Any surprise D2 or D3 teams this year? This 08 class could be one of the most talented classes in cincy ever....thoughts?

'08 Lax

Agree Moeller is the team to watch in D1 this year. Lots of talent on offense and most of their seniors have played together for years. Defense is thin but some strong talent returning. Big ? is goalie this year as they graduated a stud in Huster last year and haven't got a lot of experience or clear replacement. St X will probably be their main competition. IH has some big ? at midfield and I believe lost their coach so will have some work to do.

I would keep an eye out for Loveland in D2 this year along with Mariemont and Turpin. Lots of guys returning from last year as they move out of club division this season. With loss of Lucas Bezzara (goal) and Gibby from Mariemont and Browning from Turpin both those teams will need to fill some holes while Loveland has almost entire team from last year returning.

Looking forward to a good season in Cinci this year :grouphug:

it should be good all year in cincinnati right to the finish. indian hill only lost David Krehbiel at midfield so they should be alright.

Agree Moeller is the team to watch in D1 this year. Lots of talent on offense and most of their seniors have played together for years. Defense is thin but some strong talent returning. Big ? is goalie this year as they graduated a stud in Huster last year and haven't got a lot of experience or clear replacement. St X will probably be their main competition. IH has some big ? at midfield and I believe lost their coach so will have some work to do.

I would keep an eye out for Loveland in D2 this year along with Mariemont and Turpin. Lots of guys returning from last year as they move out of club division this season. With loss of Lucas Bezzara (goal) and Gibby from Mariemont and Browning from Turpin both those teams will need to fill some holes while Loveland has almost entire team from last year returning.

Looking forward to a good season in Cinci this year :grouphug:

Good Post....What about Anderson this year?

st. x always sets a good threat in D-1 and moeller looks strong this year, in D-2, I agree with cincy bearcat, mariemint and turpin are pretty strong but anderson also has some good talent

Based upon what I saw in 2007, Mariemont is clearly the favorite in D2. They are easily 3 to 4 goals better than Turpin.

Last edited:
Mariemont is still the team to beat in D2

Based upon what I saw in 2007, Mariemont is clearly the favorite in D2. They are easily 3 to 4 goals better than Turpin.

I agree the Warriors are the team to beat, but Turpin should be their best game next year in D2 in Cincinnati. CCD lost most of their big guns.

Mariemont had several big losses. Turpin really just lost Browning, but both Furbays are back along with Tommy Howe. The Summit coaching staff is taking over at THS.

This could be a nice rivalry once Turpin gets the full support of the school district.

Mariemont's strength of schedule really helps them when they get into the playoffs.

You have to mention Springboro anytime you talk about top teams in the state. D-1 schools like Moeller, Indian Hill, Kings, and Mason should be extremly relieved they don't have to take on this uprising powerhouse.

You have to mention Springboro anytime you talk about top teams in the state. D-1 schools like Moeller, Indian Hill, Kings, and Mason should be extremly relieved they don't have to take on this uprising powerhouse.

Wrong. Moe and IH would put 25 or more on them. Mason & Kings, 15+. They play no one. Seven Hills and Fenwick are the only D2 teams they play and there are no D1's on the list.

No one is doubting the kids hard work and I for one and glad they have a program, but they are a young program and need to beat a few good teams before the will get the respect that you think they deserve. Good luck to them.

Last edited:
please stop talking about springboro i have never heard of them and i will forget about them after this post so stop its only gonna make u feel bad when u lose to teams

everyone needs to just chill out about springboro. there is no feasible way that whoever is saying that about springboro is serious. they are clearly just trying to get you all worked up and obviously, it works

A club team to look out for is dayton. Coming off a good season last year they are clearly one of the favorites to go out and win the crown. They are led by two talented brothers, Zack and Alex Kauth. Zack a senior lefty is commiting D-1 for football and is a senior. Alex is a junior righty and is looking into playing lacrosse in college. They are both serious threats offensively from the midfield and both averaged well over 5 points a game. Look out for dayton's high powered duo to take over the club level for the second straight year.

A club team to look out for is dayton. Coming off a good season last year they are clearly one of the favorites to go out and win the crown. They are led by two talented brothers, Zack and Alex Kauth. Zack a senior lefty is commiting D-1 for football and is a senior. Alex is a junior righty and is looking into playing lacrosse in college. They are both serious threats offensively from the midfield and both averaged well over 5 points a game. Look out for dayton's high powered duo to take over the club level for the second straight year.

They should be good. I know that the Dayton Youth Teams have really improved over the past few years.

http://www.laxpower.com/update07/bingrl/rating68.php

Top 20 from 2007

Rnk Team W L T

1 Sycamore 20- 0- 0
2 Upper Arlington 16- 4- 0
3 Columbus Academy, OH 11- 4- 0
4 Thomas Worthington 14- 6- 1
5 Medina 14- 3- 1
6 Dublin Jerome 10- 7- 0
7 Chagrin Falls 15- 4- 0
8 Mason 12- 4- 0
9 New Albany 18- 3- 0
10 Hathaway Brown 16- 5- 0
11 Cleveland Heights 11- 7- 1
12 Mt. Notre Dame, OH 13- 4- 0
13 Hawken School 15- 4- 0
14 Lakota West 19- 1- 0
15 Mariemont 7- 8- 0
16 Wellington School, OH 11- 2- 0
17 Worthington Kilbourne 8- 9- 0
18 St. Ursula, Cincinatti 9- 5- 0
19 Bishop Watterson Club 13- 1- 0
20 Stow-Munroe Falls 8- 4- 0

dayton was very good but one sided team.. all offense. if they build up defense they will be a top contender for state.. How did Anderson beat them last year?

Good shot Mason Comets, I don't really follow LAX but I know a couple guys and girls that play so I like to keep up on who the good teams are so I don't sound stupid talking about it. Too bad McAuley isn't that good, with Colerain not having a girls team (At least they still didn't when I graduated 2 years ago) McAuley is the closest school with a girls team to my house, and I know a girl that I think plays for them.

http://www.laxpower.com/update07/bingrl/rating68.php

Top 20 from 2007

Rnk Team W L T

1 Sycamore 20- 0- 0
2 Upper Arlington 16- 4- 0
3 Columbus Academy, OH 11- 4- 0
4 Thomas Worthington 14- 6- 1
5 Medina 14- 3- 1
6 Dublin Jerome 10- 7- 0
7 Chagrin Falls 15- 4- 0
8 Mason 12- 4- 0
9 New Albany 18- 3- 0
10 Hathaway Brown 16- 5- 0
11 Cleveland Heights 11- 7- 1
12 Mt. Notre Dame, OH 13- 4- 0
13 Hawken School 15- 4- 0
14 Lakota West 19- 1- 0
15 Mariemont 7- 8- 0
16 Wellington School, OH 11- 2- 0
17 Worthington Kilbourne 8- 9- 0
18 St. Ursula, Cincinatti 9- 5- 0
19 Bishop Watterson Club 13- 1- 0
20 Stow-Munroe Falls 8- 4- 0

These are GIRLS rankings, this is the GUYS, thread. nice try though!

Dayton played Anderson in regular sesaon and post season. In regular season they gave up the game in the 4th and in the playoffs anderson simply double teamed both the Kauth brothers and left a short stick on on attackmen to play two long sticks on both the Kauths (both midfielders). Dayton is truly offensive minded, losing one game to Anderson 20-19. It is truly a score more than the other team situation because the defense in incapable of really stopping. Dont get me wrong though, the offense is more than capable of scoring and the junior Alex will most likely put up record breaking numbers this year. His shot is nasty. With an increase of Defense, Dayton will rarely lose a game.

you are hyping up dayton as if they are really good or something. Just for example, when Moeller played anderson they beat them 17-3. Lets not hype ourselves up too much, you guys dont play any legit teams

Actually I am merely hyping up a coulple players. As I said they will have a great chance of taking home state in the club division. Also the Kauth brothers came in from Virginia where Alex started varsity as an 8th grader and Zack as a freshman. They moved in before alex's freshman year. They played against opponents that would whoop Moeller such as Cape Henry an d Norfolk Academy. Im not stating that Dayton would whoop many D1 teams but they woud definitely not get spanked. The two brothers make this team a contender and that is the teams shortcomings because two players can only carry a team so far.

ok, im glad dayton will be good this year. but once again you are talking about club, seriously lets be honest here. Dayton WOULD get destroyed by most d1 teams in cincinnati and probably all D1 teams in columbus. You really dont know what your talking about, these kids maybe good but i highly doubt they compare to some of the top players in cincy this year