Cincinnati Public Schools to Host "City Championships" in Football

Now, if you (Sykotyk, et al) want to argue that these smaller and/or weaker school teams want to avoid incurring even GREATER LOSSES, by not paying their own way in the State tournament— well, you‘ll get no argument from me (and possibly L Hand, as well— though I can not [ever] speak for him)– but let’s (for once) STOP acting like there is some big pot of gold to be had, by putting on HS sporting events— there is NOT.

Of course I have no issue with a school opting out because they don't want to/can't afford to pay the costs the OHSAA used to pay. However, I do feel bad for the kids at those schools because, as many seem to regularly forget, it really should be all about them at the HS level and lower. The enjoyment the rest of us get from watching is really just a side benefit that rarely, if ever, should carry any weight. (NB - our rights as spectators should start getting weight at the college level (where the kids are closer to adults and also, in many cases, starting to be compensated in different ways). At the pro level, the audience who pays the bills (us), should rule.)

BTW, that is why I always never bought the people who claimed the State Championship should be played in Canton rather than at the Shoe - doubt there are many (if any) kids that would rather play at PBTS or even the revamped Fawcett over the Shoe.

Same thing for all those crazies (where have they all gone????) claiming us spectators were being selfish trying to force the kids to play during COViD for our spectating benefit- what an utter load of BS that was!!! The opposite was in fact the truth - why are you sheeple trying to prevent the kids from playing and being scared of something that they were in no real danger from. I still can't believe how those folks tried to turn that argument on its head!!!

All this feels like a "Everybody gets a ribbon" kind of thing. On the other hand getting these kids more games is always a good thing.

Definitely more games the better. Think CPS Athletics is playing the hand they were dealt by CPS Board. It’s really sad that these kids been practicing since June but not allowed to play games until now.
THAT’s the first problem— WHY in the world has ANY HS football player been practicing since June for THIS football season— that’s both absurd (a prime example of the sport of football’s [and ESPECIALLY football coaches’] constant desire to push everything to further and further EXCESS— and also to try to squeeze every other sport off the sporting calendar) AND illegal (I’m pretty sure)—not to mention probably false, when it comes to CPS schools/students...

This year the home team will collect no ticket revenue or stadium rental fee. The visiting team gets no travel reimbursement.

ALL money goes to the OHSAA.

That's why they decided to let everyone into the playoffs. Even more games to collect on with small crowds. The teams at the bottom of the regions aren't stupid. Most of these schools are looking at 1-5 or 0-6 records and aren't competitive against even average competition.

Appreciate the response. Thanks!

This year the home team will collect no ticket revenue or stadium rental fee. The visiting team gets no travel reimbursement.

ALL money goes to the OHSAA.

That's why they decided to let everyone into the playoffs. Even more games to collect on with small crowds. The teams at the bottom of the regions aren't stupid. Most of these schools are looking at 1-5 or 0-6 records and aren't competitive against even average competition.
Serious question. What value is OHSAA adding this year?

So far I have found they are making the regions/divisions.

The coaches/ads are getting together to determine the bracket.
The Schools are paying for travel and stadium rental.

I am guessing OHSAA is paying for officials, but even with reduced crowds gate would be able to pay for the officials.

So again I ask what value is OHSAA adding?

Serious question. What value is OHSAA adding this year?

So far I have found they are making the regions/divisions.

The coaches/ads are getting together to determine the bracket.
The Schools are paying for travel and stadium rental.

I am guessing OHSAA is paying for officials, but even with reduced crowds gate would be able to pay for the officials.

So again I ask what value is OHSAA adding?
Do you have somebody ELSE in mind who is going to organize this playoff tournament? Do you think it was going to be spontaneously organized by the schools themselves? Do you think the schools are going to book the state championship sites, buy and engrave the trophies, arrange all the officials, arrange all the media facilities for the broadcast of the games, etc., etc., etc... this feels like a “serious question” that did NOT really want a serious answer— because the answer was SO OBVIOUS.

Do you have somebody ELSE in mind who is going to organize this playoff tournament? Do you think it was going to be spontaneously organized by the schools themselves? Do you think the schools are going to book the state championship sites, buy and engrave the trophies, arrange all the officials, arrange all the media facilities for the broadcast of the games, etc., etc., etc... this feels like a “serious question” that did NOT really want a serious answer— because the answer was SO OBVIOUS.
Well they can just reuse the regions from LAST year and the regions/division are solved.

I believe it was the COACHES organization that came up with everyone in the playoffs so that was already figured out. https://www.ohsfca.net/

The schools are able to book sites other times so why not for the State Title?

I believe the AD arrange the officials for the regular season, why not the post season? Team from league A plays Team from League B. Let's get officals from League C.

I know tons of schools that have figured out how to stream their games. I didn't know those efforts would stop working just because a game was labeled PLAYOFFS.

Since most of the playoff games are going to be at the higher seed, Finding locations shouldn't be all that hard. Say for the state title game You have Team a play team B. Hey Team C you have a stadium that is a decent size that is located between team A and B, could we rent it for 1 game?

So I guess you must be on the take from the OHSAA.

THAT’s the first problem— WHY in the world has ANY HS football player been practicing since June for THIS football season— that’s both absurd (a prime example of the sport of football’s [and ESPECIALLY football coaches’] constant desire to push everything to further and further EXCESS— and also to try to squeeze every other sport off the sporting calendar) AND illegal (I’m pretty sure)—not to mention probably false, when it comes to CPS schools/students...

Well I’m not a member of the CPS Board. Definitely absurd to be having practice without Games. I apologize, may have been lifting/conditioning in June then actual practice.

V&R the Schools (most) are Members of OHSAA, None of them were forced to join. The Schoolscould do their own thing if that’s what they think is best for them.

Well they can just reuse the regions from LAST year and the regions/division are solved.

I believe it was the COACHES organization that came up with everyone in the playoffs so that was already figured out. https://www.ohsfca.net/

The schools are able to book sites other times so why not for the State Title?

I believe the AD arrange the officials for the regular season, why not the post season? Team from league A plays Team from League B. Let's get officals from League C.

I know tons of schools that have figured out how to stream their games. I didn't know those efforts would stop working just because a game was labeled PLAYOFFS.

Since most of the playoff games are going to be at the higher seed, Finding locations shouldn't be all that hard. Say for the state title game You have Team a play team B. Hey Team C you have a stadium that is a decent size that is located between team A and B, could we rent it for 1 game?

So I guess you must be on the take from the OHSAA.
Did the coaches figure out who was going to play whom, when— all among themselves? No, and they would NOT be able to agree, either— So, NOT already “figured out”.

Schools do not book Ohio State‘s stadium (past years) or Fawcett in Canton (unless you are McKinley)—So, not “figured out.”

Good luck with a plan that has ADs deciding amongst themselves who the officials are going to be for a playoff game— Colerain wants GMC officials, Elder wants GCL officials, Wayne wants GWOC officials... they may agree on a plan during the regular season, to use visiting team’s officials, or some variation— that’s not going to be acceptable during playoff games on neutral sites— likely NOT “figured out”.

How many schools have figured out a TV contract with a cable network to broadcast their games—not “accepted an offer to play on ESPN”— I mean figured out how to negotiate with an Ohio based network to arrange all the financials, and the logistics for a television (NOT STREAMING) broadcast? I’ve been WATCHING X’s streaming cast these last few weeks— and I’ve watched an Ignatius streaming cast in the recent past— and I’ve heard ALL the complaints about recent Elder streaming casts— these are far inferior viewing experiences— and not really an acceptable alternative for state-wide viewing of a title game— So, NOT “figured out”

Your glib reply is that all these groups COULD (maybe) do all these things that they are NOT used to doing— the chances that they WOULD have done all these things, left to their own devices are pretty small— it would have been a clusterF of the first order— so, NO I’m not on the OHSAA payroll— I don’t like them anymore than you do—I’m just more of a realist and a pragmatist than you apparently are.

The OHSAA hasn’t figured out statewide TV either since many parts of the state don’t have Spectrum. The streaming video being done by schools would be available to more viewers than Spectrum’s channel.
But for those of us who get it (probably a bigger cross section of the state than any school’s website could support, before crashing due to serving too many client streams), there is no question that it’s a far better product than those low quality streaming casts.

And that STILL leaves ALL of the other logistical problems that I outlined.

But for those of us who get it (probably a bigger cross section of the state than any school’s website could support, before crashing due to serving too many client streams), there is no question that it’s a far better product than those low quality streaming casts.
Nope. Boxcast—the service used by Elder, X, Ed and Ignatius—built their platform on Amazon’s cloud services. It can handle all the viewers.
In this silly hypothetical scenario you wouldn’t use broadcasts produced by students either.

I’d never expect any school to willingly leave the safe waters of the OHSAA but there are many areas where they can improve.

Nope. Boxcast—the service used by Elder, X, Ed and Ignatius—built their platform on Amazon’s cloud services. It can handle all the viewers.
In this silly hypothetical scenario you wouldn’t use broadcasts produced by students either.

I’d never expect any school to willingly leave the safe waters of the OHSAA but there are many areas where they can improve.
No, you’d have to go out and negotiate with and hire professional level production and on-camera staff— something that NO SCHOOL does now— nor has ever likely done— so, the original poster’s comment about the OHSAA serving no purpose is AGAIN not supported.

No, you’d have to go out and negotiate with and hire professional level production and on-camera staff— something that NO SCHOOL does now— nor has ever likely done— so, the original poster’s comment about the OHSAA serving no purpose is AGAIN not supported.
WRONG. Elder's cameras are all operated by students.

Did the coaches figure out who was going to play whom, when— all among themselves? No, and they would NOT be able to agree, either— So, NOT already “figured out”.
http://joeeitel.com/hsfoot/region.jsp?region=4&year=2020
Coaches will vote to seed teams in the regions during week of September 28 (after week 5)
Looks like they figured that out, they are doing it AFTER week 5 BEFORE week 6.

Schools do not book Ohio State‘s stadium (past years) or Fawcett in Canton (unless you are McKinley)—So, not “figured out.”.

If you read the letter from OHSAA you will see that. (All playoff contest through the regional semifinal (and possbly the regional finals) will be hosted by the higher seeded team.

So yeah the sites are figured out.
Good luck with a plan that has ADs deciding amongst themselves who the officials are going to be for a playoff game— Colerain wants GMC officials, Elder wants GCL officials, Wayne wants GWOC officials... they may agree on a plan during the regular season, to use visiting team’s officials, or some variation— that’s not going to be acceptable during playoff games on neutral sites— likely NOT “figured out”.
I am sorry you were not able to Follow my League A, B, and C example. I did not know you were not able to follow generic terms for a league.

Colerain is going to play X. Colerain wants GMC refs, X wants GCL refs. You settle this by getting ECC refs. The ECC refs do not have a team in the fight so theoretically they are neutral.
How many schools have figured out a TV contract with a cable network to broadcast their games—not “accepted an offer to play on ESPN”— I mean figured out how to negotiate with an Ohio based network to arrange all the financials, and the logistics for a television (NOT STREAMING) broadcast? I’ve been WATCHING X’s streaming cast these last few weeks— and I’ve watched an Ignatius streaming cast in the recent past— and I’ve heard ALL the complaints about recent Elder streaming casts— these are far inferior viewing experiences— and not really an acceptable alternative for state-wide viewing of a title game— So, NOT “figured out”
Why do you need to have a TV contract? Almost everyone has the internet Everything can be streamed now. I don't know vamps2yd personally, but I read this thread where he has watched over 150 HS games THIS YEAR! So a whole bunch of schools have learned how to stream games. Boxcaster, NFHS, and Youtube are all places I have found games. You should really try google. Plus Elder made a pretty deep run in the playoffs last year. Not all their games were on TV. I know not every game in the Region was either, so why do they all have to be on TV?
Your glib reply is that all these groups COULD (maybe) do all these things that they are NOT used to doing— the chances that they WOULD have done all these things, left to their own devices are pretty small— it would have been a clusterF of the first order— so, NO I’m not on the OHSAA payroll— I don’t like them anymore than you do—I’m just more of a realist and a pragmatist than you apparently are.
Your lack of effort and research is what hold your back in life. They have Figured out seeding, they have figured out location, they have figured out Broadcasting, They can easily figure out refs, Roger Penske always says "Efforts equals results" Put some effort into it.

And the game viewing experience has been roundly criticized by Elder fans— with comments like “I’m not gonna pay $10 to see this again”
So by your logic, if people complain about something it is bad. Hmm have I heard anyone complain about the lack of people even having the spectrum channel. YES. So by your logic, it is bad.

One last time - the OHSAA IS the member schools; the schools ARE the OHSAA. I really don't understand how you guys can't understand this. I guess this is how weird this year has become - the fact that I am defending the OHSAA is pretty ridiculous.

One last time - the OHSAA IS the member schools; the schools ARE the OHSAA. I really don't understand how you guys can't understand this. I guess this is how weird this year has become - the fact that I am defending the OHSAA is pretty ridiculous.
If OHSAA was a private company, they would be out of business the way they run things. They are pretty close to being out of business being a nonprofit. The lack of good leadership has cost them and the HS students of this state for too long. Blow it up and start something new.

If OHSAA was a private company, they would be out of business the way they run things. They are pretty close to being out of business being a nonprofit. The lack of good leadership has cost them and the HS students of this state for too long. Blow it up and start something new.

Feel free to criticize all you want. And just like the Big 5 college conferences talk about forming their own governing body (or at least, the media talks about it) because the goals/direction don't fit what they are trying to do, you could certainly do the same thing in HS sports. Having said that, I don't believe it will ever happen as even the "big" high schools don't make money (or have TV contracts) from their sports. There is a benefit to having one ruling body in the state that runs all the state championships. Most importantly, there is no reason to believe that tearing down the OHSAA and starting with something that would essentially be the same thing would change anything at all. Heck, other than a few people on Yappi, I don't have any reason to believe that most schools think the OHSAA is problematic in any way.

http://joeeitel.com/hsfoot/region.jsp?region=4&year=2020
Coaches will vote to seed teams in the regions during week of September 28 (after week 5)
Looks like they figured that out, they are doing it AFTER week 5 BEFORE week 6.

If you read the letter from OHSAA you will see that. (All playoff contest through the regional semifinal (and possbly the regional finals) will be hosted by the higher seeded team.

So yeah the sites are figured out.
I am sorry you were not able to Follow my League A, B, and C example. I did not know you were not able to follow generic terms for a league.

Colerain is going to play X. Colerain wants GMC refs, X wants GCL refs. You settle this by getting ECC refs. The ECC refs do not have a team in the fight so theoretically they are neutral.
Why do you need to have a TV contract? Almost everyone has the internet Everything can be streamed now. I don't know vamps2yd personally, but I read this thread where he has watched over 150 HS games THIS YEAR! So a whole bunch of schools have learned how to stream games. Boxcaster, NFHS, and Youtube are all places I have found games. You should really try google. Plus Elder made a pretty deep run in the playoffs last year. Not all their games were on TV. I know not every game in the Region was either, so why do they all have to be on TV?
Your lack of effort and research is what hold your back in life. They have Figured out seeding, they have figured out location, they have figured out Broadcasting, They can easily figure out refs, Roger Penske always says "Efforts equals results" Put some effort into it.
I followed your example on refs— that may have worked for the lower stakes of the regular season— it remains to be seen if two teams playing in the state playoffs can agree on refs— that’s never been something they’ve done before— and teams complain about being homered by refs constantly as it is— if they think the refs aren’t fair in the playoffs, it will result in a call for an independent third-party to help arrange those— oh, yeah, that’s what the OHSAA does...

We’ll see how the seeding/brackets goes— they haven’t done it yet— you’re awfully confident now— wait until your school’s alums start bitching about the favoritism that public schools will show their own in the seeding— it’s already started on your school’s forum— and rightfully so— the polls voted on by coaches were absurd in their rankings— I highly doubt that it will be done without huge controvery and claims of bias.

The streaming of games has been low quality; Elder fans don’t want to pay for the product they have been getting; X’s stream on Friday night cut off at exactly 9:30pm, with the game still in progress (a` la the NFL Heidi game) with X driving at midfield down a FG, with less than a minute to go— no word, no indication of what happened— it was “student quality”– if that had been Elder in the state final, and you had been watching from home, you’d be singing a different tune right now.

I know that that the higher seeded teams are hosting the games for the earlier rounds— what happens when Pickerington (North or Central) faces X or Elder in a semi-final (And Both teams are top-seeded in their regions), and X wants the game in Dayton, Elder wants it in Cincinnati, and the Picks want it in Columbus or Dublin. Why should either of them back down.... So, NO, the sites are NOT figured out—nor is the State Final site, if left up to the teams.

It’s funny that my lack of research is “what is holding me back in life”— as I have that word in my job title— and it’s resulted in owning homes on both coasts, in the two most expensive areas in the country (though I do have HOPES of stepping up to the BIG TIME that is Price Hill— as I have my sights trained on a property on Hawthorne Avenue, right now)— so, ironically, I think my “research” has worked out real well... you, on the other hand, are real quick to dismiss the OHSAA when it is a nonsensical notion— I guarantee that if you asked Ramsay, Specht, Bolden, etc., if they want to assume all of the responsibilities for arranging this year’s state football tournament, if they think they would do a good job of it— would even be ABLE to handle it, they would not be NEARLY as quick to sign up for that as YOU seem willing to sign them up for it— and I‘d bet that the Elder, X, Colerain, Wayne, Pickerington ADs would say the same thing— you are just throwing stuff at the wall without any forethought...

What happens when some team (e.g.- Pickerington) decides to draft in some 20-year old “HS” player from Bishop Sycamore, to make a playoff run or Moeller starts offering those players ”scholarships” for the playoffs, or Taft suddenly convinces ALL of the best players at all other CPS schools to play for Taft in the playoffs— along with several of Colerain and Princeton’s best— who are you going to go to, to resolve those disputes? What happens when a key player gets thrown out of a playoff win for fighting-- and shows up on the field, and plays the next week— and the officials don’t stop him? There are a million logistical, rules interpretation, and eligibility questions that the OHSAA is the arbiter for every week, month and season— and the schools (and their coaches, ADs and principals) are NOT equipped or able to resolve all of those— that‘s WHY the schools created the OHSAA THEMSELVES in the FIRST PLACE—it was NOT imposed on them— so your notion is patently absurd.

Last edited:
Life in the City League is another world and challenge. Is doesn't matter which City league, things are always different and very challenging for the Players, Parents, and Coaches. To be successful in the City League you really have to be a person who is driven to get results and a person that has the ability to adapt to different struggles.

I hope for nothing but the best for the Cincinnati City League. I know the Columbus City League finally got to play this past weekend, and things went off pretty smooth.

I followed your example on refs— that may have worked for the lower stakes of the regular season— it remains to be seen if two teams playing in the state playoffs can agree on refs— that’s never been something they’ve done before— and teams complain about being homered by refs constantly as it is— if they think the refs aren’t fair in the playoffs, it will result in a call for an independent third-party to help arrange those— oh, yeah, that’s what the OHSAA does...

We’ll see how the seeding/brackets goes— they haven’t done it yet— you’re awfully confident now— wait until your school’s alums start bitching about the favoritism that public schools will show their own in the seeding— it’s already started on your school’s forum— and rightfully so— the polls voted on by coaches were absurd in their rankings— I highly doubt that it will be done without huge controvery and claims of bias.

The streaming of games has been low quality; Elder fans don’t want to pay for the product they have been getting; X’s stream on Friday night cut off at exactly 9:30pm, with the game still in progress (a` la the NFL Heidi game) with X driving at midfield down a FG, with less than a minute to go— no word, no indication of what happened— it was “student quality”– if that had been Elder in the state final, and you had been watching from home, you’d be singing a different tune right now.

I know that that the higher seeded teams are hosting the games for the earlier rounds— what happens when Pickerington (North or Central) faces X or Elder in a semi-final (And Both teams are top-seeded in their regions), and X wants the game in Dayton, Elder wants it in Cincinnati, and the Picks want it in Columbus or Dublin. Why should either of them back down.... So, NO, the sites are NOT figured out—nor is the State Final site, if left up to the teams.

It’s funny that my lack of research is “what is holding me back in life”— as I have that word in my job title— and it’s resulted in owning homes on both coasts, in the two most expensive areas in the country (though I do have HOPES of stepping up to the BIG TIME that is Price Hill— as I have my sights trained on a property on Hawthorne Avenue, right now)— so, ironically, I think my “research” has worked out real well... you, on the other hand, are real quick to dismiss the OHSAA when it is a nonsensical notion— I guarantee that if you asked Ramsay, Specht, Bolden, etc., if they want to assume all of the responsibilities for arranging this year’s state football tournament, if they think they would do a good job of it— would even be ABLE to handle it, they would not be NEARLY as quick to sign up for that as YOU seem willing to sign them up for it— and I‘d bet that the Elder, X, Colerain, Wayne, Pickerington ADs would say the same thing— you are just throwing stuff at the wall without any forethought...

What happens when some team (e.g.- Pickerington) decides to draft in some 20-year old “HS” player from Bishop Sycamore, to make a playoff run or Moeller starts offering those players ”scholarships” for the playoffs, or Taft suddenly convinces ALL of the best players at all other CPS schools to play for Taft in the playoffs— along with several of Colerain and Princeton’s best— who are you going to go to, to resolve those disputes? What happens when a key player gets thrown out of a playoff win for fighting-- and shows up on the field, and plays the next week— and the officials don’t stop him? There are a million logistical, rules interpretation, and eligibility questions that the OHSAA is the arbiter for every week, month and season— and the schools (and their coaches, ADs and principals) are NOT equipped or able to resolve all of those— that‘s WHY the schools created the OHSAA THEMSELVES in the FIRST PLACE—it was NOT imposed on them— so your notion is patently absurd.

You didn't follow the orginal example I gave you about refs. If the two schools don't like league C, you also have league D, E, and F. A bunch of different leagues in Cincinnati.

Let's look at Region 4. 10 GMC Schools, 4 ECC schools, and 3 GCL schools. If you slot X or Elder low, they are going tear up some teams. You line X up vs Middletown, X gets to pick the score. Look at last year for Elder to get out of the Region, they had to play X and Colerain. If you are going to win, you are going to be tested. When you have 3 private schools vs 14 public schools you know who is going to be biased to who.

Elder is only charging this year because they are trying to make up a little money. If you go to the game with two people those tickets are 6 bucks each. So you 12 bucks. The Elder stream is 10. So you are saving money there. I didn't buy season tickets this year so Elder is getting a bigger alumi donation this year. Is Elder's stream perfect no, but The kids are getting experience and helping them learn.

Just like the rest of society no one can compromise anymore. If Cincinnati team plays a Columbus team in the Final 4, play the game in Wilmingoton. If Wilmington doesn't want it try Washington Court House. Someone is going to want a little extra money. If it is Dayton vs Cincy, Middletown Springboro. Dayton and Columbus, play it in Springfield or London.

You clearly see a problem and it stops you. I see a problem and I find a way around it pretty simple. IF you only judge your life by the homes you own, you have failed in life. The Coaches Coach, The AD get the games together. The AV department gets the games online. Everyone does their part.

All teams freeze their rosters after week 5. If you aren't on the roster by week 5 you are not on the roster. Louisville Trinity adds a lot of players. A lot of teams won't play them now. Most GCL teams won't play them and that says a lot about a program. Look at NJ and Maryland they wanted separate, tournaments. So the privates left formed their own organization and now they don't play by the same rules.

Your lack of thinking outside the box is the problem. I have not solved all the problems of OHSAA, but I solved a bunch of them.

The GCL hired a commissioner a few years ago who was not a grad of any school, he actually went to Colerain. OHSAA needs to be someone without bias, and that isn't happening right now.

what started as a good thread about the CPS kids who hardly got to play, to have a chance to play for something at the end of the year has turned into a s it show once again.

where did this 4gx guy come from? all he does is argue with everyone. then he is pompous enough to talk about all the homes he own and throws a dig in about Price Hill.

is Big Pun back with a different name?

jtk
()

what started as a good thread about the CPS kids who hardly got to play, to have a chance to play for something at the end of the year has turned into a s it show once again.

where did this 4gx guy come from? all he does is argue with everyone. then he is pompous enough to talk about all the homes he own and throws a dig in about Price Hill.

is Big Pun back with a different name?

jtk
()
There was nothing pompous about the homeownership allusion— an Elder fan announced (HERE— not in a private message) that I was “being held back in life“ by my lack of research (though he knows nothing about my personal circumstances)— It’s like slapping somebody in the face with a glove, in an earlier time--it’s an insult designed to elicit a response— he got one...

And that wasn‘t a dig at Price Hill— I AM seeking to buy a home there— it’s a place that I spent a LOT of time, growing up—So there was nothing sarcastic about it... I am arguing with one guy (a Price Hill guy, by the etymology of his screen name) about whether the state’s high schools can do without the OHSAA this year— and he chooses to make his points by casting aspersions on the intelligence or success of those who don’t agree with him— that has drawn a response to his absurd contentions— across the board... When someone can’t make his point, or win an argument, with logic, you’ll often see them resort to insults or name-calling.

You didn't follow the orginal example I gave you about refs. If the two schools don't like league C, you also have league D, E, and F. A bunch of different leagues in Cincinnati.

Let's look at Region 4. 10 GMC Schools, 4 ECC schools, and 3 GCL schools. If you slot X or Elder low, they are going tear up some teams. You line X up vs Middletown, X gets to pick the score. Look at last year for Elder to get out of the Region, they had to play X and Colerain. If you are going to win, you are going to be tested. When you have 3 private schools vs 14 public schools you know who is going to be biased to who.

Elder is only charging this year because they are trying to make up a little money. If you go to the game with two people those tickets are 6 bucks each. So you 12 bucks. The Elder stream is 10. So you are saving money there. I didn't buy season tickets this year so Elder is getting a bigger alumi donation this year. Is Elder's stream perfect no, but The kids are getting experience and helping them learn.

Just like the rest of society no one can compromise anymore. If Cincinnati team plays a Columbus team in the Final 4, play the game in Wilmingoton. If Wilmington doesn't want it try Washington Court House. Someone is going to want a little extra money. If it is Dayton vs Cincy, Middletown Springboro. Dayton and Columbus, play it in Springfield or London.

You clearly see a problem and it stops you. I see a problem and I find a way around it pretty simple. IF you only judge your life by the homes you own, you have failed in life. The Coaches Coach, The AD get the games together. The AV department gets the games online. Everyone does their part.

All teams freeze their rosters after week 5. If you aren't on the roster by week 5 you are not on the roster. Louisville Trinity adds a lot of players. A lot of teams won't play them now. Most GCL teams won't play them and that says a lot about a program. Look at NJ and Maryland they wanted separate, tournaments. So the privates left formed their own organization and now they don't play by the same rules.

Your lack of thinking outside the box is the problem. I have not solved all the problems of OHSAA, but I solved a bunch of them.

The GCL hired a commissioner a few years ago who was not a grad of any school, he actually went to Colerain. OHSAA needs to be someone without bias, and that isn't happening right now.
Perhaps you have “solved a bunch of them”— let’s assume you are correct (a big assumption, I contend)— what about the other ones? What will be done about them— Perhaps an Independent arbiter should be found? What will we call that arbiter? Here‘s a modest proposal: let’s call it the “OHSAA”...

What happens when some team shows up with additional players (maybe even from teams that opted out of the state tournament— or lost earlier) that were NOT on their roster in week 5– who is going to enforce the rules— who Is going to be the independent arbiter— and the cop on the beat?

The reason the schools created the OHSAA is because THEY felt the need for a third-party regulator—the OHSAA IS the schools’ CHOSEN, designated regulator... and OF COURSE the OHSAA is more responsive to its public school constituents— they are probably 80% of the OHSAA‘s membership— if the private schools don’t like it, they can (and should) leave— don’t complain about the organization that you joined voluntarily— leave, and do something else.

it’s JUST like the NCAA— NOBODY is forcing Ohio State or Alabama or Oklahoma or USC to be in the NCAA— they are voluntary members- if it’s not in their interest, then LEAVE. Same for Nebraska in the Big Ten— you heard a LOT from Nebraska about playing other teams on their own, when the Big Ten wasn’t going to play— but NOT SO MUCH, when the Big Ten Commissioner told them they would be forced out of the league, if they did it—Nebraska left the Big 12 for a lot of reasons— most of them economic— and as soon as somebody (In the Big Ten) called them on their BS, they shut up.