Cincinnati Job Openings

They didn’t cut all the upperclassmen. Just the ones they felt weren’t going to help the program. Whether that’s ethical or not is for you to decide. Personally, I’m not a fan of cutting kids unless it’s absolutely necessary.

If by being on the other side you mean having girls that play basketball primarily with goals of playing at the next level and competing? No, it doesn’t suck.
No I was saying I sure hope the new coach doesn't come in and cut all the upperclassmen. Sure would suck.

Interesting conversations throughout the season about a school that hasn’t been relevant in this sport for 20+ years! Great for Seton for their season and an overall winning record in a very long time!

So out of curiosity, I looked at Seton’s 23-24 schedule with an open mind. I did not include league play as those are games you have to play (BTW outside of MND, that league is just outright horrible in basketball) & tournament games. Overall Seton went 6-8. Out of those losses, I would consider only 3 bad/tough ones (Oak Hills (neighborhood rival), McNick & Edgewood) – all 3 had winning %’s around 50% & were towards the bottom of their respective conferences. For the 6 games they won, the teams had a cumulative winning % of 20%

At the end of the day, outside the 3 bad/tough losses, the coach won the games he was supposed to win. He had a winning season (overall & in the league for 2 straight years) and is turning around a program that has been at the bottom of the league/city for 20+ years.

What are the Seton parents expectations? Are the parents mad about not winning those 3 games? Do you think a new coach will come in and now Seton will be able to beat the MND/Mason’s of the world in SW Ohio because they have all this "talent"? Outside the 5 tough games, their out of conference schedule this past season appeared to be extremely weak.

BTW the comment regarding “stepping up in preseason” and playing a tough schedule was hilarious – coaches should always do that as it is a gauge of where you stand as a program heading into a season

Interesting conversations throughout the season about a school that hasn’t been relevant in this sport for 20+ years! Great for Seton for their season and an overall winning record in a very long time!

So out of curiosity, I looked at Seton’s 23-24 schedule with an open mind. I did not include league play as those are games you have to play (BTW outside of MND, that league is just outright horrible in basketball) & tournament games. Overall Seton went 6-8. Out of those losses, I would consider only 3 bad/tough ones (Oak Hills (neighborhood rival), McNick & Edgewood) – all 3 had winning %’s around 50% & were towards the bottom of their respective conferences. For the 6 games they won, the teams had a cumulative winning % of 20%

At the end of the day, outside the 3 bad/tough losses, the coach won the games he was supposed to win. He had a winning season (overall & in the league for 2 straight years) and is turning around a program that has been at the bottom of the league/city for 20+ years.

What are the Seton parents expectations? Are the parents mad about not winning those 3 games? Do you think a new coach will come in and now Seton will be able to beat the MND/Mason’s of the world in SW Ohio because they have all this "talent"? Outside the 5 tough games, their out of conference schedule this past season appeared to be extremely weak.

BTW the comment regarding “stepping up in preseason” and playing a tough schedule was hilarious – coaches should always do that as it is a gauge of where you stand as a program heading into a season
Spot on.

The fact of the matter is Seton was 1-10 against teams with winning records, including double digit losses to multiple non-D1 teams. One win was Mt. Healthy who wouldn’t be above .500 in any other D1 league but their own.

They were above .500 because they had wins against:

Anderson (2-21)
Turpin (8-16)
Little Miami (7-16)
Colerain (3-20)
Fenwick (1-21)

And 6 wins against the bottom 3 of the GGCL.

At some point, it’s about talent just as much as it is coaching. Coaching shot 21% from the floor and 10% from 3 against Ross in a game they scored 21 points and lost? Coaching shot 25% from 3 and turned the ball over 22 times in a loss to a below .500 Edgewood team?

Seton has slightly above average basketball players and I don’t know why they’re getting this much attention other than the fact that the parents are bringing it on themselves. They have 0 kids with next level offers on the team, 0 kids that play for high quality AAU programs, as a matter of fact they’re encouraged to play for their home west side feeder team, the Lady Irish in local non exposure tournaments. The “west side good” sentiment is exactly right.

The “assistants could do it better” line is such a bad take, every school in the country that doesn’t win games points directly to that because the assistants are the “good guys” and people point at the head coach as if the assistants aren’t in the same gym every hour of practice every week.

The preseason schedule was worthless. Didn’t translate one bit to the season so why even bring that up. Hang a banner for only losing to Purcell by 50?

There is now a self-created problem in the program that they graduate 0 seniors, had a really good freshmen and JV team and have good incoming freshmen. Something is going to have to give, the Seton JV and freshmen parents aren’t going to like being told there’s no room on varsity next year.

The fact of the matter is that they’re not on the same level as Princeton, MND, Mason, Winton Woods, or even West Clermont, Kings, Lakota East, Walnut, etc.

The notion that “we challenge ourselves with the best” is a facade, because the weak non conference schedule when it matters clearly tells a different story.

A coaching change isn’t going to fix any of the above issues. I don’t see them hiring anyone on staff currently if there was such an issue with the coaching that everyone wanted them out. AD’s are usually reluctant to hire assistants from a staff that had problems.

I told you why. It's the way of the westside. They always inflate talent based on names and past performance from parents and family members. Y'all might think I'm crazy, but that's the way it is on the westside.

As I said, Seton is improved, but nowhere near the conversation as a legit threat. That's pretty obvious regardless of what anyone over there says.

It's guys like @PURPLE REIGN that say "everyone should watch out for Seton, they are really good this year" - he says that because he knows and is tight with most of the kids and families likely. It has nothing to do with reality, it's just that most people have no clue what good basketball looks like outside of their sphere of influence, which on the westside, is very small and provincial.

Spot on.

The parents want the assistants to remain to ensure their kids get the same treatment. They're worried about what may happen with a brand new coach, and they vie for the assistants out of fear of the unknown.

Spot on.

The fact of the matter is Seton was 1-10 against teams with winning records, including double digit losses to multiple non-D1 teams. One win was Mt. Healthy who wouldn’t be above .500 in any other D1 league but their own.

Anderson (2-21)
Turpin (8-16)
Little Miami (7-16)
Colerain (3-20)
Fenwick (1-21)

At some point, it’s about talent just as much as it is coaching. Coaching shot 21% from the floor and 10% from 3 against Ross in a game they scored 21 points and lost? Coaching shot 25% from 3 and turned the ball over 22 times in a loss to a below .500 Edgewood team?

Seton has slightly above average basketball players and I don’t know why they’re getting this much attention other than the fact that the parents are bringing it on themselves. They have 0 kids with next level offers on the team, 0 kids that play for high quality AAU programs, as a matter of fact they’re encouraged to play for their home west side feeder team, the Lady Irish in local non exposure tournaments. The “west side good” sentiment is exactly right.

The “assistants could do it better” line is such a bad take, every school in the country that doesn’t win games points directly to that because the assistants are the “good guys” and people point at the head coach as if the assistants aren’t in the same gym every hour of practice every week.

The preseason schedule was worthless. Didn’t translate one bit to the season so why even bring that up. Hang a banner for only losing to Purcell by 50?

There is now a self-created problem in the program that they graduate 0 seniors, had a really good freshmen and JV team and have good incoming freshmen. Something is going to have to give, the Seton JV and freshmen parents aren’t going to like being told there’s no room on varsity next year.

The fact of the matter is that they’re not on the same level as Princeton, MND, Mason, Winton Woods, or even West Clermont, Kings, Lakota East, Walnut, etc.

The notion that “we challenge ourselves with the best” is a facade, because the weak non conference schedule when it matters clearly tells a different story.

A coaching change isn’t going to fix any of the above issues. I don’t see them hiring anyone on staff currently if there was such an issue with the coaching that everyone wanted them out. AD’s are usually reluctant to hire assistants from a staff that had problems.
Also spot on.

I told you why. It's the way of the westside. They always inflate talent based on names and past performance from parents and family members. Y'all might think I'm crazy, but that's the way it is on the westside.

As I said, Seton is improved, but nowhere near the conversation as a legit threat. That's pretty obvious regardless of what anyone over there says.

It's guys like @PURPLE REIGN that say "everyone should watch out for Seton, they are really good this year" - he says that because he knows and is tight with most of the kids and families likely. It has nothing to do with reality, it's just that most people have no clue what good basketball looks like outside of their sphere of influence, which on the westside, is very small and provincial.
I love the fact that I live rent free in your head 24X7 :p.

You tagged me in a thread I didn't even know existed. I did not post in this thread or even on this forum. You made up a quote because you couldn't quote an actual post...because it doesn't exist.

I'm not sure if I have ever been to a Seton basketball game. EVER! I have no opinion about Seton basketball other than I wish the team and school well. I know of one girl in the entire program. Out of 40 players. But you say, I'm "tight with most of the kids and families."

Now sign out- change your screen name- and log back in- so you can agree with yourself-again

I love the fact that I live rent free in your head 24X7 :p.

You tagged me in a thread I didn't even know existed. I did not post in this thread or even on this forum. You made up a quote because you couldn't quote an actual post...because it doesn't exist.

I'm not sure if I have ever been to a Seton basketball game. EVER! I have no opinion about Seton basketball other than I wish the team and school well. I know of one girl in the entire program. Out of 40 players. But you say, I'm "tight with most of the kids and families."

Now sign out- change your screen name- and log back in- so you can agree with yourself-again
My bad - it was @JElder - you two might be the same person however. Very similar posting styles as you both seem to be the expert on everything westside related.

I knew one of you Elder guys was high on Seton this year.

My bad - it was @JElder - you two might be the same person however. Very similar posting styles as you both seem to be the expert on everything westside related.

I knew one of you Elder guys was high on Seton this year.
When did I say anything about Seton? I also know very little about their program or where it stands. I had no idea they cut Jrs this year so they wouldn’t have Srs until you tagged me. Are you off your meds again?

Spot on.

Anderson (2-21)
Turpin (8-16)
Little Miami (7-16)
Colerain (3-20)
Fenwick (1-21)

Just to set the record straight….

There is only one girl in the whole Seton program that plays or played for Lady Irish. There are 4-5 of them on that Irish Team that will be Freshman next year at Seton. To say they are encouraged to play for them is wrong. That group has played together since they were little. Last year they played in many GBA events, The Clash (finished 4-2 in the top level) , Run4Roses ( reach finals in the Mid-level bracket). This year they are playing in bigger tournaments this year like The Clash, The Classic and R4Roses in Louisville.

The best part is they kicked the crap out of teams that were spending a ton of money to play and travel to all these fancy tournaments so they could be “exposed” in 8th grade.

There are 4 girls playing with All-In, 2 with Swish, 1 with WTN, 1 with Lady Irish.

I’m not going to air dirty laundry on a message board but I can assure you this team will be better(not elite )with the right coaching staff. For example, you’re 1-10 from 3 but you keep running the same perimeter offense out there to shoot more 3’s with girls 6’1 and 6’3 not on the floor. There was a lot going on (or not at all) behind the scenes that played a big part in the outcome. We’ll leave it at that.

You have my word. If they get a better coach and produce the same results then I’ll be the 1st one to come back here to say you were right.

Last edited:
When did I say anything about Seton? I also know very little about their program or where it stands. I had no idea they cut Jrs this year so they wouldn’t have Srs until you tagged me. Are you off your meds again?
Agreed. Seton was young and has some talent.
Guess I'm making more things up again.

How do you make this statement with "little knowledge about their program or where it stands" - like everything else, you claim to be the renowned expert, but really, you just post on in-the-know rumors like everyone else does.

Basically, you talk to buddies at the bar like the rest of us and pawn it off as fact. ESPECIALLY when it comes to Elder, anything westside, or how great some of your buddy coaches are, or your buddie's kids. The connected crowd marketing machine. Keep that legacy rolling.

Last edited:
Guess I'm making more things up again.

How do you make this statement with "little knowledge about their program or where it stands" - like everything else, you claim to be the renowned expert, but really, you just post on in-the-know rumors like everyone else does.

Basically, you talk to buddies at the bar like the rest of us and pawn it off as fact. ESPECIALLY when it comes to Elder, anything westside, or how great some of your buddy coaches are, or your buddie's kids. The connected crowd marketing machine. Keep that legacy rolling.
Fact: They were very young

Fact: they have some talent.

None of what I said could possibly be construed as being a Seton homer or acting like I know anything other than those generalized statements. Only a crazy person such as yourself would jump to those conclusions

Good job trying to ruin another thread 😂

Fact: They were very young

Fact: they have some talent.

None of what I said could possibly be construed as being a Seton homer or acting like I know anything other than those generalized statements. Only a crazy person such as yourself would jump to those conclusions

Good job trying to ruin another thread 😂
Fact: You most certainly mentioned them when you said you didn't. Just as I said.

Just because you know the player or the dad doesn't make them good. The were a very average team and the hype was based on nothing more than that.

That's the whole point of the conversation. There was alot of noise about Seton mostly from westsiders who didn't realize the city limits expand beyond Price Hill. Anyone with a clue knew they weren't (and aren't) a serious threat.

Just to set the record straight….

There is only one girl in the whole Seton program that plays or played for Lady Irish. There are 4-5 of them on that Irish Team that will be Freshman next year at Seton. To say they are encouraged to play for them is wrong. That group has played together since they were little. Last year they played in many GBA events, The Clash (finished 4-2 in the top level) , Run4Roses ( reach finals in the Mid-level bracket). This year they are playing in bigger tournaments this year like The Clash, The Classic and R4Roses in Louisville.

The best part is they kicked the crap out of teams that were spending a ton of money to play and travel to all these fancy tournaments so they could be “exposed” in 8th grade.

There are 4 girls playing with All-In, 2 with Swish, 1 with WTN, 1 with Lady Irish.

I’m not going to air dirty laundry on a message board but I can assure you this team will be better(not elite )with the right coaching staff. For example, you’re 1-10 from 3 but you keep running the same perimeter offense out there to shoot more 3’s with girls 6’1 and 6’3 not on the floor. There was a lot going on (or not at all) behind the scenes that played a big part in the outcome. We’ll leave it at that.

You have my word. If they get a better coach and produce the same results then I’ll be the 1st one to come back here to say you were right.
I can appreciate/respect you not wanting to air dirty laundry and it really isn't good for the school, former coach and players as it is no one else's business.

You are right, if you are not running the right offense/defense with the personnel, hard to win certain games!

From a results perspective - the question I have is if they hire the right candidate, will Seton & are the parents pushing to upgrade their schedule? If they win the 3 games that I mentioned in my earlier post - that makes Seton 16-10 which is a great record but the overall winning percentage of out of conference teams goes to 30%ish from around 20%? Also, if the referendum passes to allow schools to elect to participate in the D1 tourney - will Seton do that since the right coach is on the bench?

Wonder if someone on staff could take over. He’s been there awhile.
If he interested I think Coach Jones would be Great Replacement of Coach Fishman. Coach Jones been Middle School Girls Coach at Ridge for a number of yrs. He also been highly involved in Girls AAU Hoops. Amber Gray would also be a good candidate if interested imo.

If he interested I think Coach Jones would be Great Replacement of Coach Fishman. Coach Jones been Middle School Girls Coach at Ridge for a number of yrs. He also been highly involved in Girls AAU Hoops. Amber Gray would also be a good candidate if interested imo.
Wondering about the latter. Isn’t she on staff at Sycamore now?

Two of the best jobs in the GMC are open now.
Does West go get Amber Gray? Do they try to bring back Carlton? I dont think anyone on the current staff at West really is that person to take over.

Two of the best jobs in the GMC are open now.
Does West go get Amber Gray? Do they try to bring back Carlton? I dont think anyone on the current staff at West really is that person to take over.
I don't see Carlton Gray leaving WW, with the chance of dropping down to D2 next season and having some talent. Plus, he would have to keep Fox around or else she likely threatens to take her daughter to MND and join that staff.

Better hire Fox as the head coach. She has coached the majority of that team since they were in 3rd grade. She's on staff anyway.

I don't see Carlton Gray leaving WW, with the chance of dropping down to D2 next season and having some talent. Plus, he would have to keep Fox around or else she likely threatens to take her daughter to MND and join that staff.
Carlton isn’t going anywhere. Returns pretty much his entire team and has the best 8th grader in the Midwest joining the program next year.

I don’t see Fox going anywhere, even if mom doesn’t get the job, the new hire would probably keep her on staff to keep the daughter there. Also don’t see them transferring to a private school and having to sit her junior year?

Any chance someone like Steve Green from Kings goes for West? Cash in on two great years while his two best players at Kings graduate? He doesn’t work in the building (teaches at Princeton) so it wouldn’t be a hard move.

Other names to keep an eye on:

Kate Haralomos (Lakota East Assistant/Former HC), Nick Baltimore (Former Mercy McAuley HC), Amber Gray (West Alum), Michelle Munoz (For Mason Job), Gideon (Mason), Keith Starks (Ursuline HC).

Would imagine you see these names pop up in hiring processes.

Roger Bacon shooting for the stars! Hearing they contacted Scott Rogers to come out of retirement. (Cant imagine he would take it)
Mason and West might be awhile.
Seton expecting to be completed next week.
Withrow and Hamilton havent started anything basketball related

Roger Bacon shooting for the stars! Hearing they contacted Scott Rogers to come out of retirement. (Cant imagine he would take it)
Mason and West might be awhile.
Seton expecting to be completed next week.
Withrow and Hamilton havent started anything basketball related
Cannot knock a school for trying, but agree here. He was still helping with MND frosh/JV this year.

Lakota West AD Scott Kaufman recently when replacing football and boys basketball HC's reached out to other GMC schools and plucked already head coaches in Tom Bolden and Kelven Moss to take over the programs---other GMC schools with winning records this year were Princeton (Dee going nowhere), Mason (maybe an assistant who does not get the Matula replacement), Lakota East (which would be an in-district move but has talent returning), and Oak Hills who had a 1st year head coach (with 8 years of boys coaching experience) lead the Lady Scots to a 12-10 record despite losing Campbell who was their best senior with a season ending ACL injury in the first game--probably win 15 games at the least if she doesn't get hurt as they had late 4th quarter losses to Mason, West both times, Sycamore and Fairfield.

These days alot depends on the finances it takes to pay a coach/teacher with over 10 years experience or a younger coach who is lower on the pay scale and has a teaching opening in the building----I'm sure Mason and West will take their time on these hires.

According to my west side colleagues some of the finalists for Seton are:

Caldwell (boys HC from Mariemont)
Morrison (assistant at Seton)
Smith (assistant at Mercy McAuley)

There could be someone else or others; not sure