Cincinnati High School Football Show

sportsguy

Heard a really exciting thing this morning. ESPN1530 Radio in Cincinnati and Fox Sports 1360 in Cincinnati will be hosting a high school football show every Friday night. Supposedly it starts at 6:00pm and they will preview all the games from that night in the Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky area. Previews, game recaps, and scores are always impossible to find out after the game's end, hopefully this will be an answer to that issue for guys like me.

Anyone else heard anything on this? I will be tuned in at 6:00 on ESPN1530 tonight to check it out...I hear Dan Clasgens is hosting, great high school and fantasy sports guy!

Heard a really exciting thing this morning. ESPN1530 Radio in Cincinnati and Fox Sports 1360 in Cincinnati will be hosting a high school football show every Friday night. Supposedly it starts at 6:00pm and they will preview all the games from that night in the Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky area. Previews, game recaps, and scores are always impossible to find out after the game's end, hopefully this will be an answer to that issue for guys like me.

Anyone else heard anything on this? I will be tuned in at 6:00 on ESPN1530 tonight to check it out...I hear Dan Clasgens is hosting, great high school and fantasy sports guy!

1450 WMOH has been doing this for years out of Hamilton. Then they do post game show until midnight running down all of the scores from around the state, very entertaining. Or you can follow via net at www.wmoh.com .

Nice...glad to hear someone has been doing it. Unfortunately the 1450 signal is not very strong, so I am happy to see it is on ESPN Radio in Cincinnati, I can pick that up when I am games from Dayton to Louisville.

Cool and all... but it will be programs sold to sponsors and the high schools will not see any revenue. The clear channels, espns, fox sports are only exploiting high school sports for the money as viewers are attracted to this segment...there are zero governing bodies to protect the high schools like in every other level of various sports. St. X did, at one point, actually pay to have games broadcast on clear channel...and without payment...those games would never air. Moe got 1500 from espn tv producers last year and had similar ratings to MAC games where each team got 100K. I truly do not have a dog in the fight and do not care but if people want to get rid of pay to play fees...then stop the wild wild west that it is. Solution....OHSAA should not allow any broadcasts, internet, tv, or radio of any games without revenue sharing for schools or rights fees by non school owned broadcasters or broadcasts on corporate signals. Now, it is only playoff games. The NCAA may be a mess but they have protected the broadcast rights which generated huge revenues. IMHO. GBM!

PS. Do not say it helps "exposure" for the kids...if a kid can play or has size...recruiters will find him.

Cool and all... but it will be programs sold to sponsors and the high schools will not see any revenue. The clear channels, espns, fox sports are only exploiting high school sports for the money as viewers are attracted to this segment...there are zero governing bodies to protect the high schools like in every other level of various sports. St. X did, at one point, actually pay to have games broadcast on clear channel...and without payment...those games would never air. Moe got 1500 from espn tv producers last year and had similar ratings to MAC games where each team got 100K. I truly do not have a dog in the fight and do not care but if people want to get rid of pay to play fees...then stop the wild wild west that it is. Solution....OHSAA should not allow any broadcasts, internet, tv, or radio of any games without revenue sharing for schools or rights fees by non school owned broadcasters or broadcasts on corporate signals. Now, it is only playoff games. The NCAA may be a mess but they have protected the broadcast rights which generated huge revenues. IMHO. GBM!

PS. Do not say it helps "exposure" for the kids...if a kid can play or has size...recruiters will find him.

Bad idea. An attempted solution for a problem that doesn't exist.

Bad idea. An attempted solution for a problem that doesn't exist.

Follow the money. Expensive tv production trucks do not show up for fun. Geico, Gatorade, Farmers Insurance, et. al. pay for spots. Why did the GCL hire Gamble? To manage a league? No..to raise revenue...and he has extensive broadcast experience. It is the future. Give it 5 years.

Last edited:

Respectfully disagree Joe....Kuechly had 4 offers...think about that....we all know why...the elephant in the room. I'm for exposure even if it results in just one more marginal offer for a deserving kid. Just my 2 cents.

Respectfully disagree Joe....Kuechly had 4 offers...think about that....we all know why...the elephant in the room. I'm for exposure even if it results in just one more marginal offer for a deserving kid. Just my 2 cents.

Agree...exceptions to everything...and the human factor is unpredictable...but being 6'3" or better always helps too.

Great show last week on ESPN 1530 Radio in Cincinnati. The guy doing the show is Dan Clasgens from TriState Football.com. He has spotters out at games calling in before and after games with previews, recaps, interviews, etc. It is high level. He covers over 150 teams from Dayton to Louisville...it is really an exceptional show...highly recommend it.

I'm for exposure even if it results in just one more marginal offer for a deserving kid. Just my 2 cents.

There are a finite amount of college scholarships available, so I'm not sure how 'exposure' is going to help anyone. It's a zero-sum game once all the scholarships have been extended.

:thumb: