Chshl

in order of best to worst (as of the standings about 8 games into the year)

lakota east
lakota west
nky raiders
mason
badin
walnut hills-wyoming-princenton
centerville(their club team i think)
northwest-colerain-glen este-lebannon
indian hill
bellbrook
fairfield
lasalle
elder

To be honest nobody cares because other than lakota east/west and mason that league has zero talent. Put them up against any of the top SWOHSHL teams and they have no chance.

i'd say the top half of our league could compete. badin played tally and only lost 5-3 over thanksgiving break and they are middle of our league.

Yeah, but thats because Badin had like a coupe kids from there original team actually playing in that game.. they had diffrent kids from like 3 schools, and even then they were horrible

in order of best to worst (as of the standings about 8 games into the year)

lakota east
lakota west
nky raiders
mason
badin
walnut hills-wyoming-princenton
centerville(their club team i think)
northwest-colerain-glen este-lebannon
indian hill
bellbrook
fairfield
lasalle
elder
Are any of these teams actually Varsity OHSAA teams?

Are any of these teams actually Varsity OHSAA teams?

Unfortunately no.
The aforementioned Lakota East, Lakota West, and Mason clubs should be varsity, as they have the skill to at least hang in with teams in the SWOHSHL. I talked to someone affiliated with East, and their belief as to why there wasn't an East or West varsity team was due to costs incurred on the school (which seems to me to be ADspeak for "we don't want to associate with your type"). Centerville in the CHSHL is essentially their JV team, and if what I've heard is right, Elder and LaSalle have the numbers to go varsity, but not the talent. Fairfield is in the same boat, but once again, they need some time at the club level before trying to make a varsity sport out of hockey. I'm not sure about the other teams' status towards varsity.

On a side note, Mason should have a varsity team already, seeing as how they've had a club team off and on since 1997.

yes, fairfield plans to go varsity as soon as possible(this season is our sophomore season). we want to establish a jv team and get a steady flow of players. as soon as we accomplish that and start winning constantly then we will talk to the school about it. yes, it does cost a lot to become a varsity sport and from every game i've been to, the crowds are no where near varsity football. with paying for ice time etc. they probably want to see a lot of attendance before making ice hockey an official school sport, which is understandable

If Fairfield's AD is anything like my school's AD, then he's more interested in kids participating in sports than attendance. The only sticking point would be the current economic situation restricting the amount of money districts are willing to spend towards extracurriculars.

Fairfield, with the right levels of parent interest and student involvement, will find themselves with a varsity team within a decade. Like I said, it still surprises me that Mason (and now, both Lakotas) haven't made the jump.