Chris Moore Commits

Chris Moore info?

Greetings!

Chris Moore, 6'10", 250 pf verbally committed to my alma mater, Univ. of California at Santa Barbara (UCSB). We don't know much about him, other than he's a banger (which we need), and he averaged 10 ppg, 10 rbg his jr. year.

Can anyone fill me in on what to expect of him next year? He must be highly regarded, if Kent St., Central Michigan, and Bowling Green offered. Will he redshirt--or is he mature physically enough, and good enough to start playing as a true freshman? Thanks.

BTW, I posted this same request on the Ohio sports board, so sorry for the redundancy.

Dakyne: Chris is BIG and not just tall. He transferred to St. Edward for his junior year from a much smaller school. It took him a while to get adjusted to the level of competition on St. Edward's schedule. He's got good basketball skills but had some trouble holding onto the ball last season. He still needs to put it all together but I think he'll be a solid contibutor at UCSB in a few years.

I'd say that's a pretty fair analysis of Moore. Clearly, the interest in him is based on his potential, his physical tools, his size and his good coordination but it is not based on his performance to this point. His senior year will be very interesting.

CatAlum said:
I'd say that's a pretty fair analysis of Moore. Clearly, the interest in him is based on his potential, his physical tools, his size and his good coordination but it is not based on his performance to this point. His senior year will be very interesting.

CatAlum,

You have one in a similar mold in the 6'11 Adler who is only a junior. He really hasn't done much, but from what I hear has been receiving a fair amount of attention from college recruiters.

He hasn't filled out yet like Moore, but they both have the one thing you can't teach and thats size.

Edge: I don't think they're really very similar except that they are both tall. Moore looks like he's a finished product physically. He's certainly a coordinated kid and his body is filled out. He's a man. His "growth" requirements are on the emotional and mental and "intestinal" side.

According to what his family tells me, Adler continues to grow (he's now 6'11" and still movin' up) and will probably require a number of years of hard work to learn how to use his body. In many ways, Adler is still a kid. I think you might expect Adler to be an effective defensive player in his high school years, but not likely much of scorer. He's too frail at this point. If Adler was a 10 and 10 and maybe 5 blocks per game guy by his senior year, that would be great.

Any kid who is 6'10+ who can walk and chew gum at the same time will get a college scholarship. John Edwards (7'0) who just finished his carreer at Kent St. only played one year of HS ball at Hudson and barely ever got into games.

Agreed. I think Edwards is exactly the kind of guy that Adler should be compared to (maybe a little more up-side, but it will take awhile).

Thanks, guys for the replies. So from what I gather, Moore:

has basketball skills, is physically mature (filled out), is coordinated, but needs to hold on to the ball, and my guess is that he needs to develop an offensive game to have an impact at the next level.

Besides being tall and big, does his strength match his size? And does he have any hops at all? BTW, our strength coach, who is very good, said he will turn Moore into a terror once he gets a hold of him in the weight room.

Thanks again.

Moore has zero jumping ability. He can just barely dunk, and he usually doesn't look very good on the floor. People were so dissappointed with him, that he was booed during games and at pep rallies. Even with his size, the fact that big schools would be interested in him seems ridiculous to me.

dakyne said:
Thanks, guys for the replies. So from what I gather, Moore:

has basketball skills, is physically mature (filled out), is coordinated, but needs to hold on to the ball, and my guess is that he needs to develop an offensive game to have an impact at the next level.

Besides being tall and big, does his strength match his size? And does he have any hops at all? BTW, our strength coach, who is very good, said he will turn Moore into a terror once he gets a hold of him in the weight room.

Thanks again.