CHL Basketball 22-23

Thanks for giving a “true” breakdown of the Game! Of course deuces dad only mentioned the Officials, not the fact that neither Team could make a shot! Always blame the Officials when your kid doesn’t shoot well,🤡!
I don't think @deuces dad has a kid on IH if I'm not mistaken his kid was in the ECC? The officiating in SWO has not been very good across the board and I know people that were at the game that IH just could not generate offense in the second half and the refs whistle didn't help their case

Again…whoa there Hoss! I have watched 4 IH games, 3 Wyoming games and 4 Mariemont games this year…and way more last year…and I have no dog in the fight. As a former player ( when dinosaurs roamed Pange , I am pushing 60) and coach I am just a fan of the game. Of course kids have bad games …I had my fair share 🤣
As I stated those Frosh are fantastic…so polished. It is Wyoming’s league for the next 3 years imho. I just don’t care to watch 4 corners…anywhere at any time…Yes..it is a legit strategy and wins games a fair portion of the time…some guys love it and to each their own…and to quote you I don’t give AF either what teams do…I just love when athletes are cooking…in basketball (I saw Kobe play in high school..insane!)…in soccer…loved watching the rb from Wyoming fb this year…that is just how I roll…so chill!
I Definitely agree, I want to see more teams bring in a more modern style of hoops to help the transition to the next level, holding the ball for 40 seconds on a possession just isn't what I want to see paying 10 dollars to see a HS game. I want to see guys compete hard on defense and get up and down the court on offense

I don’t need to necessarily see a track meet…I just like players making plays…good defense…a good press..a steal..a blocked shot…a good take to the rim..knocking down a jumper with a hand in the face…small school Friday night..rivalry..gym rocking…students cheering…popcorn is hot, soda pop cold and the boys playing hard. But.. if there is deliberate stalling you will usually see me heading for the exit..probably a better game on the tv or movie on HBO Max 🤣

Boring game. Defense tough but terrible offense. D2 is about offense a

Rooks is a great coach and is proven. This is a great statement, basically you are saying it’s the IH kids ( which always competed in the past ) not coach Hill or his 8 other coaches is why they are losing. They are just lucky the league is down and they went to Florida to beat up on terrible team. But don’t worry IH will gut there schedule to make sure to get those all important wins for there kids. Coach Hill is playing for next year when the league will be even worse than this year. IH should run the table next year. Wyoming loses a few key senior, Madeira loses everyone, rest of the CHL will be way down. Let’s see how the teams do in the tournament this year. Wyoming wins first game, Madeira could do some damage in D3 not sure if anyone else gets a win unless it’s a bad team they play.
the theme with this Junior/Senior class has been just that. "wait till next year " yea 2020-2021 they won Basketball. and IMO 2020 was the year for them to beat Wyoming in Football but they didnt get the regualr season chance b/c of covid. IH IMO does NOT run the table next year....Maybe in tennis or golf

This is Wyomings to lose until this Fresh/Soph class is gone IMO.
Taylor is their biggest threat IMO.

Madeira losing Cravaack and MM losing Stewart hurts those 2 programs BAD next season. MM has a decent 8th grade class as well as IH but I dont see any of those kids making direct impacts on varsity like the ones at Wyoming have this year

I don't think @deuces dad has a kid on IH if I'm not mistaken his kid was in the ECC? The officiating in SWO has not been very good across the board and I know people that were at the game that IH just could not generate offense in the second half and the refs whistle didn't help their case
given his Screen name im going to take a guess and say Wyoming is where he resides. ....
again just a guess.

Officials for every sport are hard to get...
Saw multiple soccer games either canceled or re scheduled b/c lack of officials

I have seen multiple times this year (and yes I have attended MANY other sporting events other than taylor b/c i do photography as a side gig)
where officials are doing "higher" level games than they look cut out to be doing.

But I also know assigners in this area TRY to send officials to games they can handle or conferences/leagues they are used to....

Guys that do Chl/Ecc primarily arent cut out to do CMAC/CPS if you never have experienced that environment I suggest do it once.
thats if you can get a ticket a day in advanced before its sold out.

Taft v woodward
or taft vs withrow or huges vs Aiken those are something to take in.

Whoa there lol..IH has good players.. they just haven’t been making shots…Wyoming loses a few kids but.., their frosh are fantastic..the league could well belong to them for the next 3 years…Rooks is a proven coach but my comment was about fit and style. He has thoroughbreds in the stable but is playing like they are trotters…Don’t overlook the Yellowjackets either…they have a strong underclass…and a good coach and culture!
I10000% agree w/Wyoming statement its their to lose the next 3 years IMO

Spot on as usual Red..Taylor is Wyoming’s threat the next few years..went to CMAC games when I was coaching AAU…WILD!!
I feel for the officials and I try not to judge them…I am not a “yeller” and wasn’t as a coach either…I have never seen an official change a call anyway 🤣…Soccer is in trouble…officials would rather work weekend tournaments where they can make more money than one off high school games..one solution which might not go over well is split the boys and gals seasons..have one play in the spring and one in the fall…doubles the pool of officials…and there is less field pressure in the Spring…just have to share with lacrosse…that is how it is done where I am from (Hershey, PA) but more because field hockey is a really big fall sport for gals..so soccer is in the Spring …I know the clubs will moan but let them 😎

Thanks for giving a “true” breakdown of the Game! Of course deuces dad only mentioned the Officials, not the fact that neither Team could make a shot! Always blame the Officials when your kid doesn’t shoot well,🤡!
Wow not just blaming the officials, I was only stating that poor officiating on both sides helped contribute to inconsistent play. The kids for both sides missed a lot of good looks in the paint, some on their own and some due to inconsistent officiating.
I10000% agree w/Wyoming statement its their to lose the next 3 years IMO
I would agree that Wyoming should be the favorite over the next few years. IH has just about everybody coming back, but I don't know if they are tough enough to beat Wyoming.

given his Screen name im going to take a guess and say Wyoming is where he resides. ....
again just a guess.

I have seen multiple times this year (and yes I have attended MANY other sporting events other than taylor b/c i do photography as a side gig)
where officials are doing "higher" level games than they look cut out to be doing.

But I also know assigners in this area TRY to send officials to games they can handle or conferences/leagues they are used to....

Guys that do Chl/Ecc primarily arent cut out to do CMAC/CPS if you never have experienced that environment I suggest do it once.

Taft v woodward
I'm a CMAC guy and a Walnut fan but I've noticed a lot of the ECC games this year mainly walnut games and there been a nice number of older refs that aren't getting up and down like they were when I was in HS and they are still out there. Not being able to get in position in time to see some obvious calls which in a league like that when you have a team like Kings WW and Walnut who all play faster pace style than the other schools they miss out on getting some of those calls just from the ref running trying to get in position. I've talked to my ref friends and a lot of no calls are simply that these refs aren't always in position to see and make the right calls. All respect to them because it is a tough job to have as is but when not properly equipped to do it at a high level it becomes harder

I know…kudos to the people that ref! I could never do it… I am a very calm dude…unless people push my buttons…I could handle the coaches and players…but the fans are getting atrocious…then I go “East Coast keeps it real”….like Philly fans throwing rocks at Santa Claus 🤣

I'm a CMAC guy and a Walnut fan but I've noticed a lot of the ECC games this year mainly walnut games and there been a nice number of older refs that aren't getting up and down like they were when I was in HS and they are still out there. Not being able to get in position in time to see some obvious calls which in a league like that when you have a team like Kings WW and Walnut who all play faster pace style than the other schools they miss out on getting some of those calls just from the ref running trying to get in position. I've talked to my ref friends and a lot of no calls are simply that these refs aren't always in position to see and make the right calls. All respect to them because it is a tough job to have as is but when not properly equipped to do it at a high level it becomes harder
Yea I coached football and wrestling at Aiken for 7 years. Experiencing a CMAC bball game is like no other Experience in the city for HS sports IMO.

Red you are a jack of all trades..photographer…coaching at Aiken…Jackets booster…nice! I had a kid from Aiken in AAU with my son…and they are still playing together in adult leagues..next up Sunday…so fun 😎…sports are lifelong lessons…

again just a guess.

Taft v woodward

In high school, my best friend transferred to a prominent GMC school and befriended one of the school's better two-sport athletes (football and basketball).

I got introduced to this guy shortly after graduation and we all hung out a bit during our early 20s (or looking back now - our "prime" years).

I moved away for good after college but stayed in touch with this guy through social media.

He has documented his journey as an aspiring referee (primarily basketball, but also getting into football too) pretty thoroughly over the past few years and it's fascinating to see all the work he puts into practicing his craft.

He's a very transparent guy and has made numerous posts about "dreaming" of officiating a big time CMAC game with a raucous crowd and needing to be a "showman" as a referee with all the other theatrics going on around him.

I'm pretty familiar with that atmosphere myself and understand the need for composed officials at that level.

Yea I coached football and wrestling at Aiken for 7 years. Experiencing a CMAC bball game is like no other Experience in the city for HS sports IMO.
There is truly nothing like it especially when the historically good schools like Withrow Taft Woodward are really good the crowd is packed with Alumni and students in their school colors in those gyms. It gets so loud and really makes you as the player have to focus in on your teammates and coaches

There is truly nothing like it especially when the historically good schools like Withrow Taft Woodward are really good the crowd is packed with Alumni and students in their school colors in those gyms. It gets so loud and really makes you as the player have to focus in on your teammates and coaches
I coached wrestling when carlik was at Aiken (now with the Bulls) Aiken would sell out about a day in advance, luckily we could watch every game b/c our wrestling room was right next to the gym! just a CRAZY atmosphere. Every possession was loud our AD would hire a DJ and the band would play it was pretty cool to get to see/be part of!

Red you are a jack of all trades..photographer…coaching at Aiken…Jackets booster…nice! I had a kid from Aiken in AAU with my son…and they are still playing together in adult leagues..next up Sunday…so fun 😎…sports are lifelong lessons…
Yes sir! I coached wrestling at Princeton for 2 years (i was coaching football with Pflug at landmark at the time) our staff went from Landmark to Aiken and the Aiken wrestling job opened up so I applied and got offered the job! it was a fun ride but I told myself once my son was in Middle school I didn't want to miss his sports journey!

Ive always done photography on the side (weddings , sports, cars , ect ect) I pretty much just do portraits , wildlife and sports now though.

I don’t need to necessarily see a track meet…I just like players making plays…good defense…a good press..a steal..a blocked shot…a good take to the rim..knocking down a jumper with a hand in the face…small school Friday night..rivalry..gym rocking…students cheering…popcorn is hot, soda pop cold and the boys playing hard. But.. if there is deliberate stalling you will usually see me heading for the exit..probably a better game on the tv or movie on HBO Max 🤣
You sure got your “money’s worth” last CDR! (And great job btw)

High School basketball is the last to adapt to change…my prediction is in the next 10 years or so the 3 will be extremely important…When kids who grew up taking them ascend to the coaching ranks…I knew college had changed watching Villanova pass up layups for 3’s…watching Virginia shoot their way to a title…Seeing Duke under Coach K take 50% of their fg attempts outside the arc…this generation grew up with Ray Ray, The Splash bros.,, Dame. When I grew up football was all about the great running backs…now it is all QB’s and passing…and now high schools are running the 5 wide spread….and I see kids everywhere taking and making 3’s…Indian Hill was outstanding from 3 on Friday night and probably wins if not for Connor Cravaack putting up 30…including 2-2 from 3!