CHL Basketball 22-23

If Wyoming goes on to win this thing does Grayson have an outside shot at POY??

16pts
2stl
3asst
3 reb

Seems like bball voting a big majority of the time the League winning team usually comes out with the POY.

If Cravaack can avg a Double Double all year and Madeira stays around the top (or can even knock off Wyoming in Game 2) does he win it?

Stewart is close to avg'ing a double double as well.

there have been years where 2 guys have shared POY could that be the case this year?

If Wyoming goes on to win this thing does Grayson have an outside shot at POY??

16pts
2stl
3asst
3 reb

Seems like bball voting a big majority of the time the League winning team usually comes out with the POY.

If Cravaack can avg a Double Double all year and Madeira stays around the top (or can even knock off Wyoming in Game 2) does he win it?

Stewart is close to avg'ing a double double as well.

there have been years where 2 guys have shared POY could that be the case this year?
In my opinion Grayson has no shot. Statistically (in many categories) he's just not there. He's fifth in scoring average but not among the league leaders in any other category. He's a good player but not a player that opposing teams need to figure out how to stop.

This is a two horse race between Stewart and Cravaack, both are deserving, but I would give the edge to Cravaack. He's ahead of Stewart in both ppg, rebounds, blocks, and shooting %, and his team is near the top of the league. Like I said, Stewart is deserving but he has come up small against better teams that they've played (11 vs Madeira, 10 vs IH, 11 vs Wyoming). Having said that, I think it's close enough to call it a Co POY, and yes, it has happened several times. But what do I know, I thought Hayden would be one of the favorites.

Coach Holland at Taylor is a fantastic coach…not based on last year but the previous years…up until he took over, for as long as I can remember, Taylor was poor to middling..as soon as he took the reigns while it was not immediate winning you could see the seeds sprouting…players buying in on both ends…doing the right things…so you are either: a bench or cut player, friend of or parent of such 🤣

Coach Holland at Taylor is a fantastic coach…not based on last year but the previous years…up until he took over, for as long as I can remember, Taylor was poor to middling..as soon as he took the reigns while it was not immediate winning you could see the seeds sprouting…players buying in on both ends…doing the right things…so you are either: a bench or cut player, friend of or parent of such 🤣
I agree. I'm a Holland fan for sure.
He has a very young group. Taylor's fresh/soph classes may not be what Wyoming has but it's VERY CLOSE.

Rare night coming up tomorrow night where all four games are interesting and should be very competitive! Marquee matchup is Indian Hill at Wyoming. Wyoming should win but I think Indian Hill will give them all they want and could win, Wyoming by 5. Madeira blew out Mariemont the first time but I think this one will be a close game, Madeira in a barn burner. Can Taylor right the ship at Finneytown? Another great game, I think Finneytown gets their third CHL win in a close one. In the final matchup Reading visits the Park. DP almost took down Finneytown so they are playing well. I'll take the Wildcats in another close one.

To say Taylor is coached poorly is a pretty bad way to put it if you dont look into what they had last season and what they are getting this season.
I am the biggest Taylor fan on this forum. And I kept a VERY realistic Outlook on this season for boys basketball. I told if they finish Middle of the pack in the CHL and hover around .500 IMO that's a win for this season considering what they have talent wise.

lost
Austing 19.8 ppg 3.6 reb and POY
Hilvert 9.3 ppg and 8.5 reb
Kincaid 6.5 ppg and 3 reb
Kearns 5.6 ppg and 3 reb

33ppg and 19 reb per game PLUS one of the best players / leaders to ever come through the program in Austing

what they have
B Kincaid 14.4 ppg 4.5 reb
Snell 12.7 ppg 3.5 reb
howard 8.3 ppg 3.4 reb
Branch 6.9 ppg 8.4 reb

While on paper their Top 4 from this year are out producing the top 4 from last year that doesn't paint the clear picture.
they are avg'ing 5 more Turn overs a game than last year.
their Defense is allowing 7+ more PPG this year than last year.
Last year Taylor avg'ed 19 ppg off the bench , this year just 8.

Branch all be a pretty decent stat year as a freshmen is 14 years old and hasn't even scratched the surface with his ability.
Their best athlete McFarland (#2 CHL in rec'ing for football as a freshmen) runs the point for JV and is avg'ing 15 ppg for them.
Snell is stepping into a roll as the 2 guard as a Sophomore having Zero Varsity experience last year.

they beat Talawanda who is 7-3 overall (best start for them in over a decade)
Had double digit leads at Half vs 3 teams (IH 29-19 , Wyoming 32-21 , 29-15) and lost all of those with poor offensive 3rd and 4th qtrs
Coaching matters - Taylor struggles with this

Rare night coming up tomorrow night where all four games are interesting and should be very competitive! Marquee matchup is Indian Hill at Wyoming. Wyoming should win but I think Indian Hill will give them all they want and could win, Wyoming by 5. Madeira blew out Mariemont the first time but I think this one will be a close game, Madeira in a barn burner. Can Taylor right the ship at Finneytown? Another great game, I think Finneytown gets their third CHL win in a close one. In the final matchup Reading visits the Park. DP almost took down Finneytown so they are playing well. I'll take the Wildcats in another close one.
I agree!

Taylor had better not slip vs FT. They have played every close as of late buzzer beater L to Wyoming and then peeled off 2 games in a row 1 being a CHL W vs Deer park! I am taking my jackets by 5 big night from Snell and Branch coming!

DP i dont think gets it going vs Reading. Reading by 8

Madeira i think gets a DD win vs Mariemont ill take Madeira by 12

IH Wyoming seems to be the game of the week.
IH big 5-1 in their last 6. Only loss to St X
Wyoming 7 game win streak and atop the CHL @ 6-0
I think Wyoming pulls this one out. by 5
Hayden must play a monster game for IH to have a chance.

Madeira Wyoming commentary: it was a nip and tuck game all the way…Madeira was as predicted the Connor Cravaack show…seemed like he had 30 or so by the eye test…Wyoming was far more athletic…pressed the whole game..Madeira could not come close to guarding the guards from Wyoming ..was surprised Rooks didn’t let them cook more…those frosh are some of the best I have seen in 20 years of watching the league. Down the stretch Madeira struggled from the stripe..gonna say they were well south of 50% on the game on a pile of attempts….hard to win that way. Bad news for the rest of the CHL…the next few years belong to the Cowboys…those young fellas are all that and a bowl of chowder.

Takes me back to the mid-2000s when Wyoming had 3 freshmen who became impact players at the start of their high school careers.

There was Jon Edgington, the scrappy 5'9 pass-first point guard who was also a lockdown defender.

Derek Shoecraft, the smooth 6'3 wing player who could score from anywhere on the court.

and Connor Wetzel, the versatile 6'7 big who could bang inside but also step out and hit 3s.

Edgington went onto play D1 baseball at Miami, Shoecraft played a year of D1 basketball at Tennessee State (don't know where his career went from there) and Wetzel went on to have a solid career at D2 UMass-Lowell, just a few years before they became D1.

That group won CHL Championships in 3 of their 4 years.

Takes me back to the mid-2000s when Wyoming had 3 freshmen who became impact players at the start of their high school careers.

There was Jon Edgington, the scrappy 5'9 pass-first point guard who was also a lockdown defender.

Derek Shoecraft, the smooth 6'3 wing player who could score from anywhere on the court.

and Connor Wetzel, the versatile 6'7 big who could bang inside but also step out and hit 3s.

Edgington went onto play D1 baseball at Miami, Shoecraft played a year of D1 basketball at Tennessee State (don't know where his career went from there) and Wetzel went on to have a solid career at D2 UMass-Lowell, just a few years before they became D1.

That group won CHL Championships in 3 of their 4 years.

Edington was a stud on the baseball field!
He graduated in 07. He hit a walk off vs taylor at Wyoming.

I think they made it to the state final or semi final that year as well!

Madeira was a great high school basketball game..Madeira went 2-3…pulled away…Mariemont adjusted and made shots off of good movement to draw even…Madeira makes the free throws at the end…Mariemont has a 3 to tie at the buzzer which rims out…well worth the price of admission….any word on IH-Wyoming?