China Blockades Taiwan

Another "minor incursion" waiting in the wings?

All indications are that incursions will be numerous. There’s also the seeming likelihood that China will fire missiles over mainland Taiwan. That would be a first for China.

Blockading Taiwan into submission is an interesting idea. It would take some patience but it would save lots of blood.

Blockading Taiwan into submission is an interesting idea. It would take some patience but it would save lots of blood.
Say what? Are you insinuating that the blockage will choke off Taiwan's economic success and force them to capitulate and re-join the CCP... as long as it's "peaceful"? Nobody on the island will revolt against it? Really?

It would be a very slow death of a nation. Is old Mushbrain and his woke team all over providing Taiwan safe passage for their shipping lanes? He's on the clock now and "leading from behind" isn't on the docket. Time to pony up on their promises to defend Taiwan.

The world is watching.

Well it's a good thing that the democrat "adults" are in charge of US foreign policy! Democrats are doing just great stumbling around the world lighting fires wherever they go.

Whatever happens here is on Pelosi not the administration. She rejected the advice of the state department and military and went to Taiwan.

Let’s see if Taiwan has to pay for Nancy’s arrogance.

Whatever happens here is on Pelosi not the administration. She rejected the advice of the state department and military and went to Taiwan.

Oh please. Biden is floundering about in a rudderless ship of state. Pelosi is doing whatever it is crazy democrats do to make a bad situation worse. THEY BOTH own this.

Say what? Are you insinuating that the blockage will choke off Taiwan's economic success and force them to capitulate and re-join the CCP... as long as it's "peaceful"? Nobody on the island will revolt against it? Really?

It would be a very slow death of a nation. Is old Mushbrain and his woke team all over providing Taiwan safe passage for their shipping lanes? He's on the clock now and "leading from behind" isn't on the docket. Time to pony up on their promises to defend Taiwan.

The world is watching.

That is exactly what I am suggesting. It’s also something Taiwan has feared China could possibly do. The Chinese are a patient people and it’s well within their means.

We have insufficient force in the pacific to break a Chinese naval blockade. China will be operating under both land and naval air power. It would be an L for us imo to engage in that scenario.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
Oh please. Biden is floundering about in a rudderless ship of state. Pelosi is doing whatever it is crazy democrats do to make a bad situation worse. THEY BOTH own this.
Mitch McConnell and many GOP leaders support her position.

American companies better act quickly to get their Supply Chain out of Mainland China or they will be in trouble.

Good thing Dems just passed the CHips act (despite GQP votes against)
Judas Priest Happy do you actually consider what it is you're posting? This is like praising doctors who deliberately infected people with Ebola having the foresight to buy extra body bags.

Do you think that this legislation will have any impact on what happens with chips during the next year?

Mitch McConnell and many GOP leaders support her position.
To be clear they supported the idea that once she blabbered to the world that she was going to Taiwan and after China objected she had to follow through and actually go! What Mitch and other republicans are saying is that you can't give China veto power over where American officials go. Pelosi stepped into this and created an unwinnable situation.

You do realize this right?

That must be a big portion of the Commie China fleet dedicated to this blockade.

Fish in a barrel.

Reactions: y2h
1659560921899.png

I think Mitch is a RINO now since he isn’t useful for Trump so most here won’t care.
Pelosi's big mouth in announcing to the word that she was going to Taiwan followed up by China's vehement demand that she not go boxed Mitch into a corner. He had no choice but to support her going to Taiwan at that point. This was a colossal failure by Pelosi, the democrats and the Biden administration. McConnell and the republicans that backed the trip had no choice in their own minds.

My main criticism of McConnell here is that he's looking at this through the prism of a confirmed globalist when it needed to be looked at from an America first perspective. That may have given him the fortitude to criticize Pelosi for going. Mitch thought it was his duty to not kow tow to China here. But was it really kow towing to say that Pelosi had no business going to Taiwan as part of some kind of weird PR stunt?

That is exactly what I am suggesting. It’s also something Taiwan has feared China could possibly do. The Chinese are a patient people and it’s well within their means.

We have insufficient force in the pacific to break a Chinese naval blockade. China will be operating under both land and naval air power. It would be an L for us imo to engage in that scenario.
Send those Ninja drones onto the decks of these cheap dinghys

It's only until Sunday so it's a show of force more than anything. If the Chinese were to do a real blockade, an airlift is always an option.

I think it's probably time for us to evaluate the extreme amount of saber rattling going on in DC. I am concerned by 100-0 votes in the Senate in regards to Ukraine and Taiwan. I see no dissent and absolutely no serious discussion of why China might suddenly be pressing this issue. I see very little investigative reporting, interviews, and the like. We have worked with Putin and Xi for a combined 33 years. Now suddenly they are cartoon villains. May cooler and wiser heads prevail.

It's China's arrogance. If they feel like losing their Navy they should definitely keep playing.

None of this was remotely strategically necessary, and verbalizing the intent to go effectively made it a must to avoid appearing weak. Entirely stupid.

That said, China can go screw themselves with their "maliciously violated our sovereignty" rhetoric over an island that the commie regime has never controlled or administered. War will eventually occur over this issue if the idiots in power avoid accepting the reality that there's no such thing as "one China" and that their civil war in the 1940s effectively ended with the commies getting the mainland and the overthrown republic government getting Taiwan.

It's only until Sunday so it's a show of force more than anything. If the Chinese were to do a real blockade, an airlift is always an option.

I think it's probably time for us to evaluate the extreme amount of saber rattling going on in DC. I am concerned by 100-0 votes in the Senate in regards to Ukraine and Taiwan. I see no dissent and absolutely no serious discussion of why China might suddenly be pressing this issue. I see very little investigative reporting, interviews, and the like. We have worked with Putin and Xi for a combined 33 years. Now suddenly they are cartoon villains. May cooler and wiser heads prevail.
They've always been villains, there is no suddenly about it.

Everyone knows these Progressive Democrats are just incompetent babbling buffoons!! Nancy drinking and causing trouble again, real shocker! Pelosi and Harris are literally just a couple dumb bitches!!