Central Ohio Top Teams (Post Scrimmages)

I think we are having a different discussion if we are talking about media coverage of rural teams vs whether or not they belong in consolidated top 10s. I see plenty of small school coverage in Dispatch, FFN TV shows and the like, so not sure what you are arguing there.
Central_Ohio’s post (#24) lays it out better.

In a consolidated top 10, I don’t see a BC or Alder being worthy in there. My point is ideally “consolidated” top 10’s get eschewed in mainstream football discussions (at least in the media) in favor of “Big” and “Small” top 10’s.

Just because media are correctly not putting them in top 10s doesn't mean they are avoiding coverage of them.
The coverage is pitiful, and typically with little context that recognizes the top-shelf small schools as being good. Maybe it’s not the media’s job to characterize nor assign who is “good” in discussion of teams — but they already do that with their “Top n” rankings, which are nearly exclusive to the big schools.

Sure, all depends on what your perspective of "good" is.

Going back to my Bloom Carroll plays Olentangy's schedule example, I don't consider a team who comes out of that schedule at 3-7 to be "good". There are 30+ schools in COH that could go 9-1 or 8-2 playing the tomato can schedule BC does. Being "good" relative to the teams you play doesn't mean you are "good" overall when we are trying to have a big picture conversation about ALL teams in COH. Which is what the purpose of a normalized top 10 list is.

I think we are having a different discussion if we are talking about media coverage of rural teams vs whether or not they belong in consolidated top 10s. Just because media are correctly not putting them in top 10s doesn't mean they are avoiding coverage of them. I see plenty of small school coverage in Dispatch, FFN TV shows and the like, so not sure what you are arguing there.
Dispatch can’t get any scores in on Saturday morning. Terrible.

Well Dispatch and ThisWeek coverage will be non-existent for me (and I imagine many others) moving forward regardless of school size/area because it appears all their coverage is going to be behind a paywall this year. One of the dumbest decisions imaginable.

Well Dispatch and ThisWeek coverage will be non-existent for me (and I imagine many others) moving forward regardless of school size/area because it appears all their coverage is going to be behind a paywall this year. One of the dumbest decisions imaginable.
I was able to check a team preview on there this morning by doing a simple ‘block cookies’ -> incognito mode.

Ideally articles would just have the option to take a survey, or if it came to it just buying articles piecemeal instead of being forced to buy an expensive & hard-to-cancel subscription that really doesn’t add up from a personal $ and ¢ perspective.

Unfortunately, incognito mode and turning off cookies and/or my ad blockers did not work for me, but I appreciate the creativity.

If on-page ads are not driving enough revenue, being forced to watch a video ad would be a far better option than having to sign up for a subscription.

I feel terrible for the ThisWeek writers, met a couple of them over the years and they are really good dudes. It sucks that their readership is going to be way down this year, they deserve better than to be controlled by a parent company that has zero sense of how internet news content works.

Unfortunately, incognito mode and turning off cookies and/or my ad blockers did not work for me, but I appreciate the creativity.

If on-page ads are not driving enough revenue, being forced to watch a video ad would be a far better option than having to sign up for a subscription.

I feel terrible for the ThisWeek writers, met a couple of them over the years and they are really good dudes. It sucks that their readership is going to be way down this year, they deserve better than to be controlled by a parent company that has zero sense of how internet news content works.
The Lehnkuster Eagle-Galezette is also apparently paywalling their previews, which is a new one to me, also following in the footsteps of their sister papers Marion Star, Newark Advocate and Zanesville Times-Recorder.

Those former four papers are Gannett, and isn’t ThisWeek now Gannett? It’s getting close to a cartel on local media.