Central Buckeye Conference (CBC) 2024

1708010780881.jpeg

This kid is going places.
I am only a fan of the CBC and have seen many of a good/great players come through the conference but having seen TSC numerous times throughout his HS days what has stuck out to me more than his ability is his attention to the game as it is being played. He is impressive in his mannerisms and how he is a team player and competes. IMO, this kid is never far away from a coach at any time while he is on the sidelines.... From the 250 feet fan perspective, this kid is one of a kind on and off the field. Good luck to him next year.

Can say it officially now: Jason Brown is Bellefontaine’s new/old football coach. Is stepping down as Principal and moving to the Credit Recovery Program.
That was my first guess. Curious if this is a more permanent thing or another temporary? That's quite a move as far as career goes. But you can't take the football coach out of the administrator/teacher.

I think that is the best move for Bellefontaine! Obviously he is a great coach. Makes this weird transition a lot easier. Good luck to him as he rights the ship out there.

We have a strength and conditioning coach and 7 assistant coaches who’ve been in the weight room all along. Other than the drama of the situation, kids have felt very little real impact of the “coaching change”. Coach Brown hasn’t been a weight room guy for several years, so their routine looked exactly like it would have, had he been the coach all along.

That was my first guess. Curious if this is a more permanent thing or another temporary? That's quite a move as far as career goes. But you can't take the football coach out of the administrator/teacher.
More likely to be long term than not, but you know how that goes……..

Supposedly health issues. Also rumor has it that the old coach is still very present and wants to influence decisions regarded to football. Tough for anyone stepping in.
The rumor I had heard was the former head coach was going to be the middle school coach. A little strange going from a varsity head coach to a middle school coach. It probably would have been in the best interest for Tecumseh to start with a clean slate of coaches from top to bottom.

Bellefontaine and Tecumseh was once a really looked forward to CBC game. We’ve now won 10 of the last 11 with only loss being a COVid cluster****. I agree they need to just totally start over from scratch. I wonder if it doesn’t go deeper than football though.

Bellefontaine and Tecumseh was once a really looked forward to CBC game. We’ve now won 10 of the last 11 with only loss being a COVid cluster****. I agree they need to just totally start over from scratch. I wonder if it doesn’t go deeper than football though.
Many years ago (mid 90s)??? Belle and Tec were playing for the CBC title and t-shirts were made up for the event. It had the Belle white helmet with script Chiefs and the black Tec helmet and some words about to the affect it being the CBC showdown...If I looked hard enough, I could probably find the one I bought. I believe it was the same year Belle played Beechcroft in the playoffs....a lot of water under my bridge since then and I probably have forgotten specifics. But, Yes, there was a time Belle and Tec was the game of the year in the CBC.

Program is in a total rebuild. Program has less than 30 kids. Old coach is still trying to control program. Don’t know if this impacted new coach.
IMO, the Arrows have been in a downward spiral since Delong left. There is a history of good and bad with this program and with the recent hire stepping down (I pray for him and his family to overcome any health issues), Tec should be looking for a established "gray hair", successful HC that can right the ship in the near future while grooming a younger guy to take over. IF the prior coach is still hanging around while trying to influence the future of the program, it will take someone that has the balz to set the ground rules on how the system will work.

Having sat in the stands with the Tec fanbase for many years, they are a tough crowd and expect success now. Good luck to whoever lands that job; they will have earned every underpaid penny offered.

Peits vs DeLong was definitely the glory days of the rivalry. Peits was a Tecumseh grad which heightened it some.

Kent Massie kept Tecumseh very competitive through the early 2000’s. I’d guess they won 65 percent of their games and a couple playoff wins.

We lost in OT on a 4th down play in 2009 vs Tecumseh. Was a great game but sick ending.

The year before (2008), one of our Offensive lineman lost his father the week of the Tecumseh game. The whole team attended his funeral on Gameday. The game felt small and we were all uncomfortable with how to approach it………The widow came up to our coaches and let us know that the boy would play, her family would be there and she expected us to “kick their ***”. It was the most emotional week of my career. We were average at best, playing an emergency QB who couldn’t throw. We gave the 11-1 Arrows everything we had but fell in OT as a goalline play came up short.

I didn’t expect to cry today talking about a game over 15 years ago. Football is a hell of a thing.

We lost in OT on a 4th down play in 2009 vs Tecumseh. Was a great game but sick ending.

The year before (2008), one of our Offensive lineman lost his father the week of the Tecumseh game. The whole team attended his funeral on Gameday. The game felt small and we were all uncomfortable with how to approach it………The widow came up to our coaches and let us know that the boy would play, her family would be there and she expected us to “kick their ***”. It was the most emotional week of my career. We were average at best, playing an emergency QB who couldn’t throw. We gave the 11-1 Arrows everything we had but fell in OT as a goalline play came up short.

I didn’t expect to cry today talking about a game over 15 years ago. Football is a hell of a thing.
Nice post!

Interesting, I have talked to the coach that resigned and is not happy with what is being said. Prior coach did nothing but help him and he was appreciative. His resignation was because of personal and health reasons and nothing more.

And maybe the old coach asked the new coach if he would be ok with him coaching middle school with his son. And maybe old coach asked about coaching his nephew who will be a 7th grader. And maybe new coach thought it would be ok to have a 28 year high school coach heading the middle school program. Man that all seems crazy

And maybe the old coach asked the new coach if he would be ok with him coaching middle school with his son. And maybe old coach asked about coaching his nephew who will be a 7th grader. And maybe new coach thought it would be ok to have a 28 year high school coach heading the middle school program. Man that all seems crazy
you seem to be very close to the situation.

Peits vs DeLong was definitely the glory days of the rivalry. Peits was a Tecumseh grad which heightened it some.

Kent Massie kept Tecumseh very competitive through the early 2000’s. I’d guess they won 65 percent of their games and a couple playoff wins.
Massie took them to the Playoffs 7 out of his 11 seasons. I would say he kept them very competitive!