Central Buckeye Conference 2022

I needed a little humor this morning after walking out to this funny looking white stuff all over my vehicle. ❄️

I do believe the Bellefontaine vs London will be a lot closer then what most think, maybe 1 or 2 score difference.
IMHO, I think the Chiefs roll big in this game. Normally I dont get out of my racing groove to pick a blow out for two really good teams going head to head but this one, I just got a feeling. It looks like Belle has so much positive going on with the offense and London hasn't seen that in a while.

By no means is this a splash against London as they are a quality team but Bellefontaine, I think, is on another level right now. I look for Belle to make a good run in Region 11. Many years ago I saw the Chiefs with Jorrell (sp, sorry) Johnson against Beechcroft, Marcus Allen Beechcroft, Didn't turn out well for Belle as Allen had a huge pick 6 (95+ yards) to seal the deal for Beechcroft. Potential match up this year or if playoffs started today but there also may be a JA rematch in week 11.

IMHO, I think the Chiefs roll big in this game. Normally I dont get out of my racing groove to pick a blow out for two really good teams going head to head but this one, I just got a feeling. It looks like Belle has so much positive going on with the offense and London hasn't seen that in a while.

By no means is this a splash against London as they are a quality team but Bellefontaine, I think, is on another level right now. I look for Belle to make a good run in Region 11. Many years ago I saw the Chiefs with Jorrell (sp, sorry) Johnson against Beechcroft, Marcus Allen Beechcroft, Didn't turn out well for Belle as Allen had a huge pick 6 (95+ yards) to seal the deal for Beechcroft. Potential match up this year or if playoffs started today but there also may be a JA rematch in week 11.
I won't mind if they come out on fire and it is a big blowout win, those were the days with Johnson, Rogan, Patterson and Fulton. If my memory serves me correct that was the 1997 playoffs that saw Bellefontaine win 19-18 against Beechcroft and ended up losing in the Reg finals to Columbus DeSales that won state that year.

Too much ethanol has passed through my system since then to remember exact details, lol. Was Siler on those teams? That dude always stuck out to me as a high motor DE/LB and at times a dirty but good player...I'll take it. Those early-mid 90's were the hay day for the CBC and I would go to a lot of the CBC match ups back then, they were quality, hard hitting games. Even Northeastern had some good teams. I would take those Bellefontaine, Tecumseh, Shawnee and even KR teams at that time to make a strong showing in todays playoffs possibly winning at state title in todays world.

We may have to go back and think of an all CBC team from the 90s to present and I am sure we would all be shocked at the talent that has rolled through this conference.

Too much ethanol has passed through my system since then to remember exact details, lol. Was Siler on those teams? That dude always stuck out to me as a high motor DE/LB and at times a dirty but good player...I'll take it. Those early-mid 90's were the hay day for the CBC and I would go to a lot of the CBC match ups back then, they were quality, hard hitting games. Even Northeastern had some good teams. I would take those Bellefontaine, Tecumseh, Shawnee and even KR teams at that time to make a strong showing in todays playoffs possibly winning at state title in todays world.

We may have to go back and think of an all CBC team from the 90s to present and I am sure we would all be shocked at the talent that has rolled through this conference.
Yeah i completely forgot(tends to happen the older i get) about Jordan and then you had Dustin Epperson and many more that were really good players, All produced during the Coach P days

Last edited:
OMG, I forgot that Pietsmeyer (help me with spelling, lol) led those teams. Age, heck, I may have thought myself into the NFL hall of fame. You're, good. lol

The Chiefs were the class of the conference and it was a big deal for everyone outside of the Belle program to go and support them in the playoffs. Then Shawnee showed up, maybe earlier, with an amazing team. I dont remember the HC but it wasn't Meeks, though it seems he has been the man forever.

One of the only games I saw, after I moved into the Greenon district, was when Lyburtus (again, spelling) was the RB. Everyone in the Greenon stands made that cat out to be 6-5 and 260 with 4-4 speed. I was shocked he was small, yet faster than s**t. What a RB he was.

Sorry to reminisce but anyone that has come into this conference lately, missed out on a lot on where this conference was.

OMG, I forgot that Pietsmeyer (help me with spelling, lol) led those teams. Age, heck, I may have thought myself into the NFL hall of fame. You're, good. lol

The Chiefs were the class of the conference and it was a big deal for everyone outside of the Belle program to go and support them in the playoffs. Then Shawnee showed up, maybe earlier, with an amazing team. I dont remember the HC but it wasn't Meeks, though it seems he has been the man forever.

One of the only games I saw, after I moved into the Greenon district, was when Lyburtus (again, spelling) was the RB. Everyone in the Greenon stands made that cat out to be 6-5 and 260 with 4-4 speed. I was shocked he was small, yet faster than s**t. What a RB he was.

Sorry to reminisce but anyone that has come into this conference lately, missed out on a lot on where this conference was.
Lyburtus.. any relation to the more recent Dezmin Lyburtus who played QB at Bellefontaine? i believe he is at D2 power Ferris State now.. maybe his father?

Coach Greg Peitsmeyer is a legend, i still remember the time he came to talk to us youngsters that were playing middle school football a few years before he retired
Lyburtus.. any relation to the more recent Dezmin Lyburtus who played QB at Bellefontaine? i believe he is at D2 power Ferris State now.. maybe his father?
Dez is the son of Brad Lyburtus which i believe is the cousin(could be wrong) of Bellefontaine Hall of Famer Devon Lyburtus that played in the mid 90's

Last edited:
Week 10 and how time funs when you’re having flies. There is a lot on the line for several teams this week, divisional championships, better playoff seeding or actually making the playoffs. Yes, I ate crow with Graham coming up big against North Union and called out for my pigeon statement but then they dumped against the Raiders, WTH? Uh, Uh, Uh, we had three turnovers, refs were terrible, blah, blah, blah and Ben Logan may sneak in the playoffs with that win. I can only guess that it was a practical joke…got it.

Gamma guesses, jinxes and maybe some comments that can trigger the snowflakes, which BTW I saw this morning.

Starting with the Mad River Division

Northwestern at Benjamin Logan - BL in a big win or a tight or big win/loss this week. This depends on if the BL players and coaches realize their prize for 4-6 record maybe Glenville in week 11. Maybe 3-7 would be better in the long run. NW, I haven’t given up on you but yes, I have. I’m being a pessimistic optimist for the Warriors this week and I’m positive I don't have high hopes for them in this game. NW is a scrappy bunch and as long they haven’t started with single leg take downs and free throws, this could provide a mild upset. However, I will go with the Raiders in a squeaker, 48-13.

Graham at Indian Lake - Last week at this time I would be looking at the Falcons to move on into the playoffs with a lot of confidence and a shot a Co-Champs. Now, I am wondering if they have the confidence to find the Laker field…Highway 235 North on the right…can’t miss it, it looks like a big brick building with lots of grass and lights surrounding it. Nothing else to say here. The birds of St. Paris take this home and prep for week 11. 56-14.

North Union at Graham – Game of the WEEK. The Climbers are finding that old magic and are rolling, while the Wildcats are still recovering from the Graham upset. Two different team styles and one has my OPOY and DPOY but will they be enough. I picked Urbana several weeks ago as the MR Champion (Co-Champ at this point) and I will stick with that, sorry all you doubters. Both teams have been lights on offensively through divisional play but Urbana has been stingy on defense. This could be an OT game and I will take the Climbers 35-28.

Kenton Trail Division

Bellefontaine at London - If The U and The NU weren’t playing, I’d give this ticket the game of the week but I must give some love to the little conference brothers every now and then. I can give many reasons why Belle wins this and a team load of answers why the Red Raiders win this. However, looking at stats I see Air St. Clair doesn’t need the gaudy numbers to push the Chefs into victory lane. He has a stout RB that can and will hurt you and that makes Bellefontaine my favorite for this game. Maybe London should consult with LeBeau on how to slow down this Power 5 QB (he would look great in a golden dome, just say’n). I see this as a running clock at 54-17 Chiefs…yes, I spelled it correctly this time.

Kenton Ridge at Tecumseh – My OPOY, Lucas Berner, had a huge game against the Pioneers but fell short in that coveted win. As told to me, the Arrows should have won last week’s game and hoping for a London win this week to share the title. Who would have guessed Tecumseh would have been 2-2 in the passing game. Looking at scores and recaps, I don’t think there is a KT team that wants to see the Arrows gain this year. I give the CBC Head Coach of the Year to Tecumseh. KR showed some nuts against Shawnee but quickly fell back into their reality. This will probably be the most boring game where 65 points are scored but I will take Berner with his 30 rushes for 210 yards and a 45-20 win.

Jonathan Alder at Shawnee – Oh boy, this will be a barn burner. JA rushing and Shawnee spreading. JA relies a lot on Jewel and the Shawnee coaches are too smart and will game plan this to slow him down a bit but their players have to execute to pull it off. Jewel still gets his 40 touches and big yards but the Braves with the back up QB (with no INTs this week) on senior night come out of their teepees and scalp the Pioneers. I think this is an absolute must win for Shawnee to make the playoffs and if I remember correctly, they were in the same situation several years ago and you guessed it, against JA. I’ll take the Braves 31-28.

May or may not see you next week with my guesses. Good luck to all teams and any year we have HS football is a great year.
I tend to agree with this but I’d be cautious whenever you play a team that can win the line of scrimmage. I’m all in on this young BHS group of skill guys but the equalizer is their line play. Fogan will go off in this game and London didn’t face him last year IMO.

WEEK 10 ... Already?!?!?! There are 2 MASSIVE match ups, 1 on each side of the CBC

MR
Northwestern @ Ben Logan - Neither team is impressive ... and that is a little bit of a compliment. But, with that being said, Ben Logan definitely has the upper hand. Not just on the field, but for what is at stake. If Ben Logan can pull it off, they have a great chance of extending their season, for 1 long, horrible week. That is a LONG bus ride to Glenville and an even longer ride back after they DESTROY every team in that region. I think it could be a high scoring game though, just depends on the seniors from Northwestern. Will they be checked out knowing this is their last high school football game, or will they try to go out with a win.

Graham @ Indian Lake - Indian Lake has proven that they are not able to compete at all this year. Graham on the other hand is a REALLY good 4-5 team. One of the best small schools out there with that record. And, a win solidifies the playoffs. Indian Lake will be lucky to not end the season with a running clock on them. Similar to Northwestern, it is up to the seniors.

North Union @ Urbana - GAME OF THE WEEK - Who would have though that this was going to be a Title game?!?!?! Urbana has put up some serious points and shows to have a stingy defense. Problem is, they don't have a win against a team with a winning record. Have they just played a weak schedule, or are they legit? I think this has been a great season for them. After having just 2 wins in the past 3 seasons, a winning season was needed, but at what cost. North Union, is by far the best team Urbana will have seen all season and they are physical. North Union takes this one, 27-21

KT
Bellefontaine @ London - GAME OF THE WEEK - This is going to be a great game. I can't wait to see St. Clair, the skill players, and the explosive offense of Bellefontaine against the run heavy ground and pound offense of London. Although, each team has a bit of the other. I have seen a few Bellefontaine games and I would love to see the next gen stat of Fogan's yards after first contact. Bellefontaine is to explosive for London, Bellefontaine wins 38-21

Kenton Ridge @ Tecumseh - If a high school football game is 48 minutes of game time, this one will be done by roughly 8:15pm. And, Tecumseh will control most of that time. According to the post on here, sounds like it was a last minute loss for Tecumseh against Jonathan Alder. I would guess that they are going to come out on fire and want to beat down their opponent. Kenton Ridge is physical but not capable of keeping up. I say Tecumseh will win this one 28-14

Jonathan Alder @ Shawnee - Shawnee is in a bad spot with their starting QB out for the season. Luckily for them, their new starting QB go a week under his belt. We all know what Jonathan Alder is going to do, hand the ball to their RB. Everyone in the CBC, maybe the state knows this. If Shawnee can take away the run game and force Jonathan Alder to throw the ball, they will dominate this game. On the flip side, if Jonathan Alder can get their RB going, he may have another break out game. Jonathan Alder wins 31-21

FCF58D68-5321-464F-AECB-49542DA264E4.png

Some parents at Kenton Ridge want to see realignment.

View attachment 34899
Some parents at Kenton Ridge want to see realignment.
this is a load of crap. the CBC just realigned this spring based off of enrollment. KR was in the top half of schools in terms of enrollment. there’s no merit to this happening.

the only thing that i would personally like to see is the CBC move to north/south divisions, which would probably work.

this is a load of crap. the CBC just realigned this spring based off of enrollment. KR was in the top half of schools in terms of enrollment. there’s no merit to this happening.

the only thing that i would personally like to see is the CBC move to north/south divisions, which would probably work.
They are just upset that KR gets destroyed every game, I know there is talent at that school I just think poor coaching and good talent moving to play at Springfield city.

They are just upset that KR gets destroyed every game, I know there is talent at that school I just think poor coaching and good talent moving to play at Springfield city.
how many good athletes has KR actually lost to Springfield? i know KR had some studs in the early to mid 2010s. i think KRs real problem is that the community is more invested in non-contact sports.

There was talent but I think the passage of time has caused you to think it was greater than it was. No team from that era even came close to winning a state title. Using state titles as the ultimate measuring stick the CBC is a below average conference. Were there solid teams from that era that were good for that little section of Ohio….yes but statewide they didn’t measure up. Rarely have.

the only thing that i would personally like to see is the CBC move to north/south divisions, which would probably
how many good athletes has KR actually lost to Springfield? i know KR had some studs in the early to mid 2010s. i think KRs real problem is that the community is more invested in non-contact sports.
They have plenty of kids that play football in elementary but I’m not sure how many actually continue on to play in high school. Not sure how many kids have gone to Springfield city but I know there has been a handful in the last 5-6 years.

There was talent but I think the passage of time has caused you to think it was greater than it was. No team from that era even came close to winning a state title. Using state titles as the ultimate measuring stick the CBC is a below average conference. Were there solid teams from that era that were good for that little section of Ohio….yes but statewide they didn’t measure up. Rarely have.
Never did I say they were close to winning state titles in those years. The closest to a state title, Urbana in the 70's/80's? and Shawnee in 2011 against Mooney yet, not the era I was speaking. I was simply giving a bit of perspective to what those teams WERE to what they are now and how I think those past teams would probably be more competitive in TODAY's world. I can only type the words, I can't read or comprehend them for you.

However, thanks for your valuable insight on how the CBC is a below average conference, we hear it all the time and laugh every time they pull an upset on the Clydesdales of the Ohio football world....Bellefontaine 14, Watterson 7 in 2021 :oops:

Just as a note, I have seen games from Oak Harbor to Ironton, Eaton to Steubenville, Cincinnati to Cleveland, and little bitty, no nothing towns where the MAC schools play and yes, those Columbus city and Catholic schools. Not just my "little section of Ohio", so I get it.
Barking up the wrong tree.

Tippecanoe was the best thing to EVER come out of the CBC

…… wait. Uhmmm……. Never mind.
Oh no!!!! a Tippster on the CBC thread? They were the best thing to leave the CBC along with Stebbins, just pulling your chain., sort of, lol. What was that score the last time Tipp played Shawnee???? Honestly, I miss Tipp in the CBC and there were a lot of good games in the KT when they were there. Tipp was good for the conference and glad to see them finding success in the MVL.

Never did I say they were close to winning state titles in those years. The closest to a state title, Urbana in the 70's/80's? and Shawnee in 2011 against Mooney yet, not the era I was speaking. I was simply giving a bit of perspective to what those teams WERE to what they are now and how I think those past teams would probably be more competitive in TODAY's world. I can only type the words, I can't read or comprehend them for you.

However, thanks for your valuable insight on how the CBC is a below average conference, we hear it all the time and laugh every time they pull an upset on the Clydesdales of the Ohio football world....Bellefontaine 14, Watterson 7 in 2021 :oops:

Just as a note, I have seen games from Oak Harbor to Ironton, Eaton to Steubenville, Cincinnati to Cleveland, and little bitty, no nothing towns where the MAC schools play and yes, those Columbus city and Catholic schools. Not just my "little section of Ohio", so I get it.
Barking up the wrong tree.
I’m definitely not questioning your football knowledge or extent that you’ve seen games all over the state. Yeah you did beat Watterson last year. That team finished 3rd in their conference and has multiple state titles this century. I was honestly surprised by the outcome though. If you comprehend the words I typed I said the CBC was below average when using state titles as the ultimate measuring stick. I’m sure there were years that conference was one of the best for mid to small sized schools in SW Ohio…just for whatever reason they’ve never been able to win it all. I could be wrong, but with the number of schools in the area it is probably unique to the state that there has never been a state title in the tourney era

I’m definitely not questioning your football knowledge or extent that you’ve seen games all over the state. Yeah you did beat Watterson last year. That team finished 3rd in their conference and has multiple state titles this century. I was honestly surprised by the outcome though. If you comprehend the words I typed I said the CBC was below average when using state titles as the ultimate measuring stick. I’m sure there were years that conference was one of the best for mid to small sized schools in SW Ohio…just for whatever reason they’ve never been able to win it all. I could be wrong, but with the number of schools in the area it is probably unique to the state that there has never been a state title in the tourney era
I may have jumped to a defensive posture concerning this conference but having followed this conference for several decades, I have heard the, "state title is the only measure of success BS" when having debates with state champ fans. Massillon is a prime example, AP champs but not state hardware playoff champ; therefore, are not legitimate. I call BS. That does not diminish their successes in their early years nor is it a comparison to CBC schools but the fact remains, state hardware titles are the measure of success.

Why hasn't a CBC school won a state title. I think there arguments to be made for a couple of schools and probably for most...transfers. One big culprit of transferees being Springfield city. I wonder how many schools have lost kids to this recruiting agency. Their current QB is from Arcanum, really and nobody questions that? There have been kids from Northwestern, Shawnee, Catholic Central and others that have transferred into that school which reduces talent level at their previous school. IMO, Springfield HS is the Catholic-Public school system of Clark and Champaign counties...with outliers. Funny how Trotwood has fallen off the elite map when their HC left for Springfield.

I do know in the early 90's Springfield Catholic Center lost in the finals, with several Greenon kids on the roster. Would Greenon have competed for a state title then, doubt it but the fact remains, not all the talent in the respective school districts stay in that school district and those kids will transfer into a school or system where they think they can excel for better opportunities. I don't have the numbers or names but I do know, kids in this "little section of Ohio" do transfer to other local schools and that in itself can be a difference in a schools success.

Finally, I comprehend all and I will say, it is probably unique to this state there are so many schools, I'm guessing 25, in a confined five, mostly three, county area that make up two conferences and one big GWOC school. This is far less than the 1.7M-1.8M population of Columbus and surrounding area.

Last edited:
I'll leave you with this before I go outside and start raking a yard full of leafs. You may think a Power 5 recruit can control the destiny of a HS football team and yes, I am talking about St Clair but the kid is a Soph. Does he even have a driver's license yet? Give him time and get back to me in a year or two. Bellefontaine is a quality team and can make some noise this year and I hope they do but maybe they are a year out in making that run. We shall see.
Finally, I remember being with a friend and seeing Burrow his Soph year versus Nelsonville-York. He laughed at how dominate he was and said this kid will probably win the Heisman one year. Do you remember watching him in HS? Athens didn't win any state titles and for most part played in a "little piece of Ohio" (I wont let that go, just so you know) league but what a couple of years they had.

Sleep on the CBC and you may get bit.

Or how about the CBC just disintegrate lol! Here me out... With the SWBL talking about losing some teams and the possibility of expanding & Clinton Massie rumored wanting to leave SBAAC lets take a look at this...

Kenton Trail
Bellefontaine-Moves to Western Buckeye League or Ohio Capital Conference
London- New League
Jonathan Alder-Western Buckeye League or Ohio Capital Conference or Mid Ohio Athletic Conference
Tecumseh- Miami Valley League
Shawnee-New League
Kenton Ridge-New League

Mad River
Urbana-New League
North Union- Mid Ohio Athletic Conference
Graham-Three Rivers Conference or New League
Ben Logan-Three Rivers Conference
Indian Lake-Three Rivers Conference
Northwestern-Three Rivers Conference or Ohio Heritage Conference

New League- 7 teams
London
Shawnee
Kenton Ridge
Clinton-Massie
Wilmington
Urbana
Graham
Possibly take out some CBC schools replace with SWBL?!

Last edited:
I'll leave you with this before I go outside and start raking a yard full of leafs. You may think a Power 5 recruit can control the destiny of a HS football team and yes, I am talking about St Clair but the kid is a Soph. Does he even have a driver's license yet? Give him time and get back to me in a year or two. Bellefontaine is a quality team and can make some noise this year and I hope they do but maybe they are a year out in making that run. We shall see.
Finally, I remember being with a friend and seeing Burrow his Soph year versus Nelsonville-York. He laughed at how dominate he was and said this kid will probably win the Heisman one year. Do you remember watching him in HS? Athens didn't win any state titles and for most part played in a "little piece of Ohio" (I wont let that go, just so you know) league but what a couple of years they had.

Sleep on the CBC and you may get bit.
I couldn’t agree more on your last statement. Any solidly coached and athletic team regardless of conference can shock teams from similar Divisions. I think with football more than any other sport Power 5 recruits don’t mean the team is going to be great. I’ve seen many teams with multiple D1 recruits not make the playoffs or get bounced early. More often than not a D1 recruit is statistically worse than D2 or D3 caliber players. They are D1 simply because of size and speed and not production. Springfield is definitely benefiting from many move ins and transfers now but I don’t mind seeing it because most of the great Wayne teams of the last 20 years were built in Springfield. I always root for the CBC and OHC I just wish one could win it all one year. Small schools from small communities do it every year…..I think that “little piece of Ohio” is long overdue.

Or how about the CBC just disintegrate lol! Here me out... With the SWBL talking about losing some teams and the possibility of expanding & Clinton Massie rumored wanting to leave SBAAC let take a look at this...

Kenton Trail
London- New League
Jonathan Alder-Western Buckeye League or Ohio Capital Conference or Mid Ohio Athletic Conference
Shawnee-New League
Kenton Ridge-New League

Mad River
Urbana-New League

New League- 7 teams
London
Shawnee
Kenton Ridge
Clinton-Massie
Wilmington
Urbana
Graham
Considering a previous post with the KR fans looking for divisional realignment, that may be bad for them. Just looking at it quickly, Massie and London would have the lion's share of the New League titles in football. Not educated enough on the other sports to determine viability. ghsknightsfan, is usually very good at breaking these things down but I do like where you are going with the reorganizations, though I like the current structure.

I couldn’t agree more on your last statement. Any solidly coached and athletic team regardless of conference can shock teams from similar Divisions. I think with football more than any other sport Power 5 recruits don’t mean the team is going to be great. I’ve seen many teams with multiple D1 recruits not make the playoffs or get bounced early. More often than not a D1 recruit is statistically worse than D2 or D3 caliber players. They are D1 simply because of size and speed and not production. Springfield is definitely benefiting from many move ins and transfers now but I don’t mind seeing it because most of the great Wayne teams of the last 20 years were built in Springfield. I always root for the CBC and OHC I just wish one could win it all one year. Small schools from small communities do it every year…..I think that “little piece of Ohio” is long overdue.
I totally agree with your last post(y). I think St. Clair will be different and be a quality DI college player...junior year on. He seems to play within the structure of the team and he does have a solid RB. That could make him more dangerous because of the RB but the kid is solid, I dont see him as personally needing a 400 yard game when 200 yards with a 175 yard RB wins the games. It was told to me, this kid has a once in a two decade CBC arm and I'm sure that will grow over the next couple of years.

I totally agree with your last post(y). I think St. Clair will be different and be a quality DI college player...junior year on. He seems to play within the structure of the team and he does have a solid RB. That could make him more dangerous because of the RB but the kid is solid, I dont see him as personally needing a 400 yard game when 200 yards with a 175 yard RB wins the games. It was told to me, this kid has a once in a two decade CBC arm and I'm sure that will grow over the next couple of years.
Hopefully you guys can keep Mo Douglass from making any family visits up there. Springfield’s current rent a QB is a senior

Hopefully you guys can keep Mo Douglass from making any family visits up there. Springfield’s current rent a QB is a senior
When a school (Trotwood) can get a quality RB from Alter 20+ miles away and separated by inner city Dayton and a QB from Arcanum, 60 miles away, separated by I dont know, OHIO, these examples in itself are WTF moments. I think OHSAA is an ostrich with their head buried in the sand and only God knows why. And, I just learned a Catholic Central player and coach were lured/transferred to Springfield this offseason. Another poster on this thread seems fairly certain he'll stay put in Chieftain land and I hope so but I am sure temptations will be high.
Kind of got my crank out this morning....off to the leafs.

Last edited:
Or how about the CBC just disintegrate lol! Here me out... With the SWBL talking about losing some teams and the possibility of expanding & Clinton Massie rumored wanting to leave SBAAC lets take a look at this...

Kenton Trail
London- New League
Shawnee-New League
Kenton Ridge-New League

Mad River
Urbana-New League

New League- 7 teams
London
Shawnee
Kenton Ridge
Clinton-Massie
Wilmington
Urbana
Graham
ehhh.. you’re thinking right but your logic into placing teams into leagues makes little to no sense. i would actually agree that this league should dissolve or combine with the OHC..

i personally think the CBC has gone to s**t. and i don’t mean competitively- a lot of teams are solid. but this league has seemed to have lost a lot of sense of tradition and rivalry. it’s just a group of schools who probably don’t even know how they ended up together even.. the CBC was at its best in the 1990s… just my two sense.

When a school (Trotwood) can get a quality RB from Alter 20+ miles away and separated by inner city Dayton and a QB from Arcanum, 60 miles away, separated by I dont know, OHIO, these examples in itself are WTF moments. I think OHSAA is an ostrich with their head buried in the sand and only God knows why. And, I just learned a Catholic Central player and coach were lured/transferred to Springfield this offseason. Another poster on this thread seems fairly certain he'll stay put in Chieftain land and I hope so but I am sure temptations will be high.
Kind of got my crank out this morning....off to the leafs.
i would actually say it’s more likely than not that St Clair will be a wildcat at some point in the next 2 years.. if the betting odds were +600 tgen id risk a lot of money..

anytime there’s a good QB in the area at a small school, Mo is on the phone quicker than it will take Tecumseh vs KR to finish the 4th quarter on friday..