CCL 2021

Hartley1

In 2021 the CCL will go through Jack Ryan Field. Hawks return a great group led by Division 1 DL/OL Daniel Tooson in the trenches and a speedster Saunders at the skill position. This may be the most talented group Burchfield has had in his time at Hartley. At least 10 guys who will be scholarship football players (D1/D2). Really excited about Peyton Underwood at QB. Comes in with a year of experience.

Watterson & DeSales lose a ton. St. Charles will be the worst team in the CCL. Last year was unique with the CCL playing each other twice. And DeSales vs Hartley happening 3 times. I could see DeSales vs Hartley happening twice again this year.

1. Hartley. They return everyone. Should be really good

2. Desales. Loses a lot but returns rb-lb Thompson. And qb hobgood. They lost a lot to graduation and a few more to transfers out.

3. Watterson. They lost even more than desales.

4. St Charles. Hard to believe they are as bad as they are. They have some big linemen. But this is a bad team

What about Ready? With 16 teams making the playoffs will they rerun to playing the other ccl teams.

1. Hartley. They return everyone. Should be really good

2. Desales. Loses a lot but returns rb-lb Thompson. And qb hobgood. They lost a lot to graduation and a few more to transfers out.

3. Watterson. They lost even more than desales.

4. St Charles. Hard to believe they are as bad as they are. They have some big linemen. But this is a bad team

What about Ready? With 16 teams making the playoffs will they rerun to playing the other ccl teams.
I think with 16 making the playoffs it wouldn't be a bad idea for Ready to jump back into the mix.

As for the rankings, I think they're correct for the pre-season. Shulaw is also a big returnee for DeSales. Kid is a flat out stud.

DeSales vs Hartley is turning into one of the best rivalries in Central OH. Cutler seems to have Ready getting better. I could see them beating St.Charles & giving Watterson a game this year.

I think with 16 making the playoffs it wouldn't be a bad idea for Ready to jump back into the mix.

As for the rankings, I think they're correct for the pre-season. Shulaw is also a big returnee for DeSales. Kid is a flat out stud.
Kid played like a senior, as a freshman. I’ve heard he’s a better wrestler than he is a football player, too.

Seeing as how Ready has gone 2-4 against Columbus Academy, Harvest Prep and Liberty Union the last two seasons, and how the best Ready team in modern memory lost to one of the ‘lesser’ Hartley teams from the past decade when they played heads-up (2013)... gonna take a good guess that Ready is not in a position that makes them more competitive in the CCL now than when they “left.”

DeSales did lose a long time assistant coach recently, but did add a former head coach to their staff.

Crabtree going to coach at DeSales to coach is a big pickup. One of the all time best coaches from Central Ohio. No doubt he will help the Stallions. Crager will be a help too. I would say this gives DeSales the best coaching staff in central OH. Puts them above the Hawks with Burch & Sawyer.

Hawks did a 7on7 / Lineman Challenge with Pick North today.

Hawks are as advertised. To go up against a top D1 program and hold your own or win the day... you feel good! Besides DeSales... Hawks will name the score against any CCL opponent this season.

Any word on why the assistant decided to leave?

Coach Cromwell is taking a teaching job in Olentangy. He will remain the head girls basketball coach at Olentangy Orange, looks like no football this year but i'm sure he will coach football again in the future.

I mean with Crabtree calling the offense and Wiggins calling the defense, that's arguably the best duo in Central Ohio.

DeSales putting together an impressive staff. I hope they have the talent to make the most of it.

I mean with Crabtree calling the offense and Wiggins calling the defense, that's arguably the best duo in Central Ohio.

DeSales putting together an impressive staff. I hope they have the talent to make the most of it.
Sharrett and Lominico
Burchfield and Sawyer. Championships dont lie.

Hawks did another 7on7. Competed against Worthington Kilbourne. Hawks were clearly the better team. But Kilbourne has a good looking squad. Could make some noise in their division of the OCC. They have a RB that could be a force. Kilbourne throws and catches well.

QB, Underwood looks great for the Hawks. Could probably have a chance to be a scholarship QB if he played in a more pass friendly offense.

Hawks did another 7on7. Competed against Worthington Kilbourne. Hawks were clearly the better team. But Kilbourne has a good looking squad. Could make some noise in their division of the OCC. They have a RB that could be a force. Kilbourne throws and catches well.

QB, Underwood looks great for the Hawks. Could probably have a chance to be a scholarship QB if he played in a more pass friendly offense.
Pick North id a solid talking point... Kilbourne, not so much. Mediocre team and would've been the 4th best CCL team last year.

Lots of rumors swirling around at Ready. Is it really a surprise? Fired from UA & during his time at UA was always having issues.

Kilbourne plays in the weakest division in the OCC... Big Nut, Heights, Canal, West South, West North, Hayes, Scioto... most games are toss ups. Only definite loss is West South. The CCL last season was really good. DeSales, Watterson, & Hartley were all top 10 teams in D3 and better than every team in that league besides maybe West South.

Cutler wasn't fired from UA.

//

Of course... here we are discussing "Ready could make it work in the CCL" through one side of the mouth, yet posting vague rumors on the only coach who is capable of making Ready not go winless in the CCL out the other side. A school with D6 enrollment isn't going to be playing a slate of SFD, BW, BH et al in football. The only path toward keeping those hypothetical games remotely respectable (e.g. no running clock) is with the current coach and the sheens of talent that would play for him, and him only, at Ready.

Last edited:
Cutler was fired - not for being a bad football coach. I think he is a good coach. I think it is a bad choice to hire a coach who has been fired from a job for hazing or whatever they stated it as. Ready is getting better. Cross left Ready a dumpster fire. Last time Cutler was at Ready they were battling & competing with my Hawks. Ready won 6 games last yr and had a 1 point loss to Liberty Union (7-2 record) and a 3 point loss to Harvest Prep (7-2 record). No doubt they shouldn't play all the CCL... not even close to ready for that. But They could play two? They can't find games... unfortunately, teams like fisher catholic won't play a D6 enrollment team

Cutler was fired - not for being a bad football coach. I think he is a good coach. I think it is a bad choice to hire a coach who has been fired from a job for hazing or whatever they stated it as. Ready is getting better. Cross left Ready a dumpster fire. Last time Cutler was at Ready they were battling & competing with my Hawks. Ready won 6 games last yr and had a 1 point loss to Liberty Union (7-2 record) and a 3 point loss to Harvest Prep (7-2 record). No doubt they shouldn't play all the CCL... not even close to ready for that. But They could play two? They can't find games... unfortunately, teams like fisher catholic won't play a D6 enrollment team
Talking out your behind -- he wasn't fired; you're making it sound like he was fired and that there was cause, when he wasn't.

lol disagree on Cross. Come on, dude.

Ready wouldn't be competitive with SFD or BH. Most years they wouldn't be competitive with BW (prob not this year.) SC -- well, it's SC after all.

They have trouble finding games because virtually everyone in Central Ohio is either too big or too small for them. The only two Central Ohio teams, that they don't already play in the MSL, that are worth playing them are West Jeff and Newark Catholic. WJ whooped them at Fortress a few years ago, they play NC this year. The hell does FC have to do with anything, here? We played Ready in 2013 (Cutler's second season, when they had Akili and Brady Taylor) with 17 players in uniform -- the same number we have this year. Not really a point in playing a team that clearly has you outmanned? Dumb comment -- but keeping the tradition of Hartley -posting alive.

Talking out your behind -- he wasn't fired; you're making it sound like he was fired and that there was cause, when he wasn't.

lol disagree on Cross. Come on, dude.

Ready wouldn't be competitive with SFD or BH. Most years they wouldn't be competitive with BW (prob not this year.) SC -- well, it's SC after all.

They have trouble finding games because virtually everyone in Central Ohio is either too big or too small for them. The only two Central Ohio teams, that they don't already play in the MSL, that are worth playing them are West Jeff and Newark Catholic. WJ whooped them at Fortress a few years ago, they play NC this year. The hell does FC have to do with anything, here? We played Ready in 2013 (Cutler's second season, when they had Akili and Brady Taylor) with 17 players in uniform -- the same number we have this year. Not really a point in playing a team that clearly has you outmanned? Dumb comment -- but keeping the tradition of Hartley -posting alive.

Cutler was suspended at UA and never returned. Don’t know if you call that being fired or not?

He is not coaching at Ready now.

Last edited:
Fisher Catholic simply does not have the numbers to compete with Ready just like Ready does not have the numbers to compete with DeSales or Hartley. Football wise, Ready is in a good spot playing vs the MLS Ohio teams. They can schedule the likes of Newark Catholic, West Jeff, St. Charles, etc for the first 3 games of the season

AHM - So is Cutler still the coach at Ready or are you saying/implying he is not?

I like the current setup where Ready plays one of the CCL schools a year for the "Gold" Championship. I would like it better if they played St. Charles every year and then DeSales, Hartley, and Watterson rotating. St. Charles has the numbers... just minimal talent or commitment to football.

Can Jacoby bring anything positive to the program at this point? After going to St.Charles and being ran out... my guess is that this doesn't work out.

Can Jacoby bring anything positive to the program at this point? After going to St.Charles and being ran out... my guess is that this doesn't work out.
DeSales has a good tradition of respecting and taking care of “their own.” He’ll be fine. Literally no one cares that he couldn’t squeeze water out of a stone on Broad St.