CBC 2021. (Central Buckeye Conference)

Yea because kids from NW are ineligible to get full ride schollies..

Give it a break.
Said in jest, but I literally can't think of anyone from NW that's played higher than D3 college football in the last 15-20 years. You'd probably have to go back much farther than that as they were atrociously bad for much of the 90s.

I agree on all points, but think Rice fell into a great situation at SDSU. Unless it was a top 4 MAC program, I think SDSU was a better place for him to land. SDSU offers top notch facilities, a packed stadium and playing for a national championship contender. There’s a big difference in fan support and excitement at SDSU, NDSU and so on than at places like Kent and BG. Lower level MAC schools start the fall with 15K+ fans and dwindle to crowds you’d see at a week 10 high school game between winless teams. I get the television exposure midweek MAC games offers programs, but the crowds are typically terrible. I speak as a MAC season ticket holder. On an aside, I was really surprised Hawks landed at Witt. He’s a D1 talent who probably got hurt by the Covid restrictions too. Must have felt like it was the perfect fit.
Hawks was absolutely a D1 talent. not having camps last summer hurt him greatly. i would assume he chose Witt due to it being close to home and having top notch facilities. the ability to live at home saves a LOT of money over 4 years.

Now that summer has started, any word of how the teams in the CBC are doing? # of kids showing up or anything like that?

Noticed the other day that there have been some shakeups to the cross-divisional games. IMO a few are going to miss out on traditionally good gates or gates that would have been predictably good between typically strong programs, and the only logical thing of note they seemed to accomplish was rightfully getting London/Urbana into the crossover mix.

I don't understand at all why you'd bust up one of the traditional local pairings in the divisional format in NW/KR and instead have those two play Alder and North Union in that week's slot and both get their skulls crushed in most years. Even with some schedule movement that game should have been moved to week 5. Outside of the Logan county matchup and Alder/North Union, almost all of the other matchups could have been more optimal than what's scheduled.

The league also rotated, which took Alder/London to week 6 instead of week 10, which is a travesty.

Although a rival, Urbana/London will be a massacre on the field. Their NL meeting two years ago was just brutal.

The league also rotated, which took Alder/London to week 6 instead of week 10, which is a travesty.

Although a rival, Urbana/London will be a massacre on the field. Their NL meeting two years ago was just brutal.
Divisional schedule rotation is moronic IMO. This league has a ton of obvious week 10 divisional games, including Alder/London. There aren't any good reasons for that game along with KR/Shawnee, Urbana/Graham and IL/BL to not be the last regular season game for those schools.

i really dislike how they do the crossovers. Northwestern has 3 inter county rivals they could be playing, yet they got stuck with North Union?

Bellefontaine vs IL/BL

JA vs NU

NW vs Shawnee/Tecumseh/KR

all some games that should be yearly.

i really dislike how they do the crossovers. Northwestern has 3 inter county rivals they could be playing, yet they got stuck with North Union?

Bellefontaine vs IL/BL

JA vs NU

NW vs Shawnee/Tecumseh/KR

all some games that should be yearly.
Before looking at the league schedule I thought to myself that after YEARS Northwestern finally figured out how to get all of Greenon, Miami East, Kenton Ridge, Shawnee and Graham on the schedule for football...only to have the CBC schedule maker psych everyone out and decide they need to lose by 50 to Alder instead of having that KR game that's probably the biggest gate they play in (home or away) most years. Travesty. Early in the year when the weather is usually better and at least one of the two has a favorable record, that gate is cash.

The majority of the crossovers in this league should be obvious between county rivalries, history (i.e. Urbana/London), and competitiveness (i.e. North Union vs. Alder/London). There should only be a few head scratchers that are the leftovers after the obvious games have been filled.

Before looking at the league schedule I thought to myself that after YEARS Northwestern finally figured out how to get all of Greenon, Miami East, Kenton Ridge, Shawnee and Graham on the schedule for football...only to have the CBC schedule maker psych everyone out and decide they need to lose by 50 to Alder instead of having that KR game that's probably the biggest gate they play in (home or away) most years. Travesty. Early in the year when the weather is usually better and at least one of the two has a favorable record, that gate is cash.

The majority of the crossovers in this league should be obvious between county rivalries, history (i.e. Urbana/London), and competitiveness (i.e. North Union vs. Alder/London). There should only be a few head scratchers that are the leftovers after the obvious games have been filled.
Indian Lake- Bellefontaine, Tecumseh

Ben Logan- Shawnee, Bellefontaine

Graham- Tecumseh, Kenton Ridge

Urbana- London, Alder

Northwestern- Kenton Ridge, Shawnee

North Union- Alder, London

Bellefontaine- Indian Lake, Ben Logan

London- Urbana, North Union

Alder- North Union, Urbana

Shawnee- Ben Logan, Northwestern

Tecumseh- Graham, Indian Lake

Kenton Ridge- Northwestern, Graham

this is how i’d like to see the crossovers be set up. you could argue a couple swaps here and their. most of these games have a meaning to them (Shawnee and Ben Logan doesn’t, that one just got thrown in)

Indian Lake- Bellefontaine, Tecumseh

Ben Logan- Shawnee, Bellefontaine

Graham- Tecumseh, Kenton Ridge

Urbana- London, Alder

Northwestern- Kenton Ridge, Shawnee

North Union- Alder, London

Bellefontaine- Indian Lake, Ben Logan

London- Urbana, North Union

Alder- North Union, Urbana

Shawnee- Ben Logan, Northwestern

Tecumseh- Graham, Indian Lake

Kenton Ridge- Northwestern, Graham

this is how i’d like to see the crossovers be set up. you could argue a couple swaps here and their. most of these games have a meaning to them (Shawnee and Ben Logan doesn’t, that one just got thrown in)
The majority of these have at least some meaning. Almost everyone has 2-3 logical opponents. The only difficulty is figuring out the 2nd opponent for Indian Lake, Ben Logan and Alder. IMO by default Alder should be playing one of those two *cough* Ben Logan *cough*, and avoiding that yearly bloodshed is probably part of why a few other games got juggled around.

Probably the only swappables that I feel strongly about are that Tecumseh should be playing both Urbana and Graham if they aren't playing Northwestern. Either Ben Logan or Indian Lake should be taking one for the team and playing Alder to pair with their county rivalry with Bellefontaine.

Last edited:
When I played for Shawnee I preferred KR to start league play and Tipp to end it with Tecumseh as Homecoming in the years the KR game was away. With Tipp deciding they wanted out I liked having KR week 10. The game itself rarely meant more than bragging rights but it was a great game to end the season on. But I digress, the CBC likes to rotate games and so we have what we have.

Thavoice - Regarding a week 10 showdown for the league title/rivalry game, I guess it comes down to preference. As long as the game is played at some point during the season. However, the idea of not having a tough week 10 game so you are ready fir the playoffs holds less weight now, in my opinion. If a #1 seed has a week 10 cupcake, week 11 and probably week 12 will/could be running clock games as well. That’s at least a month of your starters not playing 4 quarters.

i definitely like league titles decided in week 10. the OHC actually does something right with scheduling- the way they set up the schedule, it’s a 2 year rotation. in week 10, teams 1 and 2 in the previous years standings will play, then 3 and 4, then 5 and 6. and it’s a 2 year cycle.

2020 Standings:
Kenton Trail:
Alder (7-1)
London (6-2)
Shawnee (6-3)
Bellefontaine (2-5)
Kenton Ridge (1-5)

Mad River:
Graham (7-1)
North Union (7-3)
Indian Lake (4-5)
Ben Logan (2-6)
Northwestern (1-5)
Urbana (0-7).

Who do y'all think will be able to take each division and make a run in the playoffs. Remember, as is it will be the top 12 making the post season.

No word that I have heard from the coaching search at Indian Lake. Word is they were going through 6-7 applications, including one from out of state. (I dont know if that is the number they received or if that is what they whittled it down to after a quick scrub). Smart money is on their long time OC.
Urbana still the doormat!!! ?

So CBC-ites, what say you?

London and North Union looked solid at 7v7 with West Jeff, Bloom Carroll, Newark Catholic and Washington CH. I'm not a big fan of 7v7 but it's about the only time you see London pass... :).

How did the other teams look? That looks like a decent group of team for a 7on7. Bloom Carroll is coming off a state semifinal appearance and WJ & NC should be solid this year.

Wow, getting beatin' up over semantics on Yappi. I was just asking Yappi land if there were some scrimmages on this Friday night. Damn, who peed in your Cheerios this morning?

Don’t sweat it. He’s a grown man with 20,000 posts on a HS internet site. His step son goes to the Lake but he identifies as still being Coldwater. It’s tough on him.
Not entirely true.. guess cbc land is super serious.

I forget, who all got new HC this year?