CBC 2021. (Central Buckeye Conference)

Apologists say too hyped.
Realist say undisciplined.

Worrying about a kid getting ejected is a sad state of affairs.
I was just trying to be polite. People don't seem to like it when you say negative things about high school kids. I promise I am not an apologist. If he does get ejected I will be the first person to say he deserved it.

I was just trying to be polite. People don't seem to like it when you say negative things about high school kids. I promise I am not an apologist. If he does get ejected I will be the first person to say he deserved it.
The kid is high energy!!! The polite, nice people serve food at the concession stand and I have seen a heck of lot more "over the line" than Mercer. There was a time when Shawnee had a whole team full of Mercers, specifically in 2011. That was a team that was supposed to be blown out by Mooney in the finals. Heck, I remember Belle, Urbana, Northeastern, KR and Tecumseh teams that made Mercer look mild.
The coaching staff has been around long enough to know when to reign a kid in and right now, HIGH ENERGRY, IN YOUR FACE is what Shawnee needs and any discipline they deem necessary will be handed out accordingly, without question. If you want apologizes for getting hit, pushed on the ground or someone that doesn't care about your feelings....kick around ball in the "beautiful sport".

Hanging your hat on a close loss in the finals to a team you were supposed to get blown out by doesn't impress anyone
Hey Voice, how have you been? I've been off line for awhile and thought I'd throw my BS into the mix. Not hanging a hat on any loss and you are correct it doesn't impress anyone but the attitude of that team is what did impress me. Mercer does have that 2011 attitude... that's all I was trying to get across.

Hanging your hat on a close loss in the finals to a team you were supposed to get blown out by doesn't impress anyone
i have nothing but respect for the Braves 2011 run and the championship game. they lost to a game good team that people absolutely said they had no chance of beating. they have nothing to be ashamed of. that run was special in Clark County and everyone involved in that run will remember it forever.

it’s not like MACland where there’s teams making it every year- but programs like Shawnee are sure trying to get their.

Been doin well. Waiting for the weather to stay nice and enjoy the summer! How about yourself?
I guess I just come from different upbringings. Played, coached attended thousand plus games and I guess I was just surprised worrying about a kid getting ejected was a thing .

Carry on. Will see how 2021 goes, imagine it will lo quite different with 16 making it. I wish they would ave given 12 a chance. I was okay with that.
Been travelling around the country and I will have to say that Ohio seems to be one of the sanest places in the country right now, lol. Like you, I am surprised with people worrying about ejections. I love the passion that kids bring to the game and never really thought about someone being tossed... Actually, I liked the 8 teams, it really made, at least the KTD, nip and tuck with each divisional game being a must win to make it or grab a better seeding. I just hope there isn't complacency and I can see that happening. Remember, never hang hopes and dreams on 14-18 year olds, lol

The Rona didn't shut down the traveling circus? Surprised.
LOL... A couple of doses of the Fauci Ouchy, double bagging my face, showing an ID at a Border Patrol check station between El Paso and Alamogordo, trying my reduce my carbon footprint by driving versus flying and wondering when Fort Pelosi in DC will open. Now 16 teams per region, its been a hellava year already.

It was the finals.
No one should be impressed by keeping it close.

Surprised?

Maybe.

Impressed?

No.
Yes, it was the finals. How many finals are blow out city? The majority. The Braves were heavy underdogs and many saying it would be a blow out. I was IMPRESSED! Surprised is when there is no MAC team in the finals.

The 2011 Braves were very, very good. I believe that that Mooney team had 2-3 wins against D1 playoff teams that year along with a few P5 recruits. That was a very good game compared to the blowouts that have become common in most state championship games, coming down to the final play in the end zone.

The 2011 Braves were very, very good. I believe that that Mooney team had 2-3 wins against D1 playoff teams that year along with a few P5 recruits. That was a very good game compared to the blowouts that have become common in most state championship games, coming down to the final play in the end zone.
Yup. And Ursuline (D V R17) beat Mooney that year as well. Ursuline was number 10 in R17 that year.

Hey Voice, how have you been? I've been off line for awhile and thought I'd throw my BS into the mix. Not hanging a hat on any loss and you are correct it doesn't impress anyone but the attitude of that team is what did impress me. Mercer does have that 2011 attitude... that's all I was trying to get across.

That season Shawnee impressed me. You should be proud of what the 2011 team accomplished. Dont let anyone make you feel bad about a State runner up trophy. And to keep within 7 to that Mooney team was impressive.

That season Shawnee impressed me. You should be proud of what the 2011 team accomplished. Dont let anyone make you feel bad about a State runner up trophy. And to keep within 7 to that Mooney team was impressive.
I think everyone in Clark County was impressed with that team and I would imagine they are proud of the trophy....its even on the scoreboard streamer. So, yes, I would say Shawnee is proud and has a right to be. As a whole, losses aren't impressive; however, the way that team played was impressive.

Hold on.
I was not belittling being a runners up.
Have one of those plaques myself.

Just tht thought of being impressed by keeping a finals game close is perplexing.
Clark County never sniffed that kind of success until Shawnee made it. they were underdogs to a very, very good football program. they were in a situation where they could’ve won the game. losing sucks but that’s a loss you take pride in

Clark County never sniffed that kind of success until Shawnee made it. they were underdogs to a very, very good football program. they were in a situation where they could’ve won the game. losing sucks but that’s a loss you take pride in
I believe SCC was a state runner up as well.
Sorry for getting off topic. My ex-wife would gripe about that too and I guess that's why she's an ex. What a great time crapping with the door open, making my own beef jerky, going on riverboat gambling tours and seeing any high school football game I want.

Now back to 2021...

I am very excited and intrigued with the Graham Falcons this fall. Dave Taynor is a phenomenal hire and will be able to get the very most out of what the falcons bring back. Good solid group of seniors this year that learned how to put full games together last season.

I am very excited and intrigued with the Graham Falcons this fall. Dave Taynor is a phenomenal hire and will be able to get the very most out of what the falcons bring back. Good solid group of seniors this year that learned how to put full games together last season.
I thought they lost everything and only had 5 juniors 17 sophomores. I think they might slip a little this year, but they have those 17 sophomores that could get playing time and be good in the jr and sr years.

Check out former Shawnee Brave QB Josh Mayfield. He looks good in a scarlet and grey uniform for Troy. Should have a great senior season.

I thought they lost everything and only had 5 juniors 17 sophomores. I think they might slip a little this year, but they have those 17 sophomores that could get playing time and be good in the jr and sr years.
I think Graham can get 6-7 wins with their schedule.

I haven't seen their schedule, but I think 5 wins would be considered a good season for them.
Week 1 West Liberty
Week 2 Buckeye Local
Week 3 Johnstown Monroe
Week 4 Tecumseh
Week 5 London
Week 6 Urbana
Week 7 Northwestern
Week 8 North Union
Week 9 Ben Logan
Week 10 Indian Lake

Buckeye Valley hasn't been very good the last couple years, but IMO their schedule is significantly tougher than the Mad River division. Johnstown will probably be a very tough opponent.

I'd be very surprised if Graham doesn't go 1-4 or 0-5 between non-league and crossovers with everybody that they graduated.

Check out former Shawnee Brave QB Josh Mayfield. He looks good in a scarlet and grey uniform for Troy. Should have a great senior season.
Hmmm, never heard of him. I know there were Mayfields at SHS in the past and I think there was a Mayfield that was a middle school coach but from what I saw of SHS JV team a couple of years ago, they probably have their guy for this year...cant remember his name. SHS seems to have a had a decent run with QBs the last 4 years, so whoever is coaching those kids up, I wouldn't expect anything different with the current crop.

Wish him luck at Troy, whoever he is.