KR

Mad River:
North Union
Indian Lake
Northwestern
Graham
Ben Logan
Urbana

The Kenton Trail will be very tough this year, and will once again dominate the cross-divisional games. Does Alder finally get knocked off? The Mad River will be down once again, tough to predict how much Graham and North Union will regress. I could see Indian Lake winning it, but not unless they can be more consistent on offense.

2021 Standings Prediction

Kenton Trail
London
Jonathan Alder
Bellefontaine
Shawnee
Tecumseh
Kenton Ridge

Mad River
North Union
Indian Lake
Graham
Northwestern
Benjamin Logan
Urbana

Bellefontaine is a charter member of the CBC and has zero desire to go anywhere.......They were mentioned as logistically a "fit" if Defiance left (former WBL member) or if the CBC fell apart (not happening)............The CBC as constructed will exist for at least another 5 years. I would bet on it. Schools don't like conference changes unless necessary, and it's not necessary right now.
For what it's worth, Bellefontaine was a charter member of the WBL too. At any rate, I'd like to see both the WBL and CBC remain as is. If dominos fall, it is what it is. But until they do, it's just Yappi members going crazy with conference realignment chatter... which is really nothing new. :LOL:

The new guys continue to dominate. In the Kenton Trail division it’s the winner of London-JA and in the Mad River division it’s North Union’s time lose. London had some tough luck losing their qb to injury the last two years, maybe things fall into place for them this year.

Interesting that Coburn averaged just 5 wins per season in his 24 years.

Changed to spread offense - leveraged some tremendous athletes in the Jacobs brothers at QB - really seemed to figure it out in the last 10 years in terms of how to keep his program operating at a solid and consistent level. Lots of respect for Coach Coburn.

Also if you just look at the kids on the team, they should be better. They have a huge line and tall athletic lineman. They have a lot of kids on the team, so idk how much community culture can be to blame.

They have good numbers for all their sports, I think the Football issues fall on Fay.

Ben Logan just needs out of the CBC. Their size and culture fits better with the OHC. Greenon athletics took a turn for the better when they joined the OHC, simply because it was a better fit. I don't think there has been a single season in the last 5 that the Raiders wouldn't have finished at least middle of the pack in the OHC North.

I could make the same claim for Indian Lake, but I don't think the fit is quite as obvious for the Lakers.

Ben Logan just needs out of the CBC. Their size and culture fits better with the OHC. Greenon athletics took a turn for the better when they joined the OHC, simply because it was a better fit. I don't think there has been a single season in the last 5 that the Raiders wouldn't have finished at least middle of the pack in the OHC North.

I could make the same claim for Indian Lake, but I don't think the fit is quite as obvious for the Lakers.
i think Indian Lake and Ben Logan are forever a package deal. with both being a D5 school in football now, that does make things interesting

however they just aren’t a fit in the OHC, i mean, imagine bus rides to Greeneview and Madison Plains. Greenon traveling to Ben Logan was already bad enough.

but a WLS/BL/IL alliance is in the future, somehow, some way (WOAC!)

For those of you smarter than I, which is very few...

London, JA and North Union.
Where were they before the CBC, and why did they leave their conferences?

Thank you for your time.

London, West Jeff and Madison-Plains prior to being in the CBC and OHC, respectively, were in the MSL. London and MP for maybe 4-5 years and West Jeff maybe 8-10 years. After London and MP joined their division became like the island of misfit toys culturally between Bexley, Grandview Heights, Columbus Academy, Whitehall and Worthington Christian, and it got to the point where London, MP and WJ struggled to compete in most sports, especially football and basketball. Either the last or second to last year London was in that league they played 7-8 divisional games in basketball against teams ranked in the top-10 in the state.

The travel sucked tremendously as from those schools you had to travel into or close to downtown at rush hour times to navigate your way to your destinations. The distance was closer than CBC/OHC, but the travel times were terrible, especially for junior high and freshman sports.

Jonathan Alder and North Union were in the MOAC. Alder for maybe 4-5 years and North Union for much longer. Both got out during a mass exodus in that league. Alder I think a combination of travel and fit, North Union probably a matter of both size and increased travel due to the league expanding towards Mansfield to stay afloat.

IMO North Union should probably be in the OHC North. As is, I don't think they have a great fit anywhere between size and travel, but as far as football between OHC and CBC they should probably be with the OHC North culturally.

A lot of issues IMO would be fixed by North Union and Northeastern trading leagues. North Union to the OHC North and Northeastern back to the CBC in the Mad River.

IMO North Union should probably be in the OHC North. As is, I don't think they have a great fit anywhere between size and travel, but as far as football between OHC and CBC they should probably be with the OHC North culturally.

A lot of issues IMO would be fixed by North Union and Northeastern trading leagues. North Union to the OHC North and Northeastern back to the CBC in the Mad River.
Northeastern would get whipped in the CBC Mad River. only way they play up is if they realigned and it became a division of the Clark County schools.

Northeastern should probably never be in a division with Ben Logan and Indian Lake

this whole situation screams WOAC to me!

London, West Jeff and Madison-Plains prior to being in the CBC and OHC, respectively, were in the MSL. London and MP for maybe 4-5 years and West Jeff maybe 8-10 years. After London and MP joined their division became like the island of misfit toys culturally between Bexley, Grandview Heights, Columbus Academy, Whitehall and Worthington Christian, and it got to the point where London, MP and WJ struggled to compete in most sports, especially football and basketball. Either the last or second to last year London was in that league they played 7-8 divisional games in basketball against teams ranked in the top-10 in the state.

The travel sucked tremendously as from those schools you had to travel into or close to downtown at rush hour times to navigate your way to your destinations. The distance was closer than CBC/OHC, but the travel times were terrible, especially for junior high and freshman sports.

Jonathan Alder and North Union were in the MOAC. Alder for maybe 4-5 years and North Union for much longer. Both got out during a mass exodus in that league. Alder I think a combination of travel and fit, North Union probably a matter of both size and increased travel due to the league expanding towards Mansfield to stay afloat.
i believe Fairbanks was in the MOAC too, except they got out a year earlier?

Northeastern would get whipped in the CBC Mad River. only way they play up is if they realigned and it became a division of the Clark County schools.

Northeastern should probably never be in a division with Ben Logan and Indian Lake

this whole situation screams WOAC to me!

I don't think there'd be any difference in most of their sports as far as being able to compete except for football, which would be a huge improvement over the OHC North. In most sports the OHC North is probably better than the CBC Mad River. In basketball this year Northeastern would have been a legitimate threat to win the Mad River. For the other schools they'd balance the geography and travel trips out a bit compared to North Union and even Greenon previously.

I don't see it happening, but I think it would be advantageous for both schools compared to what they currently have. North Union added to the other juggernauts in the OHC North IMO easily make it the best league not named the MAC for small school football.

i believe Fairbanks was in the MOAC too, except they got out a year earlier?

Yes. I think that league had a geographic divisional split where there was Alder, Fairbanks and North Union with some Delaware county schools. The other side had a bunch of schools in Knox and Morrow counties that broke off and formed the KMAC.