Cavs 2023-24

A win is a win in the playoffs. I don’t see the Magic being able to take 4 out of 6 to win the series. This one feels like Cavs in six, possibly five.

I have to admit Mobley had a nice first half…and Darius was giving decent effort on defense. Although the G Wagon was struggling with his shot he played very physically…same for Strus played D and rebounded very well. Game turned for good when Mitchell said “enough “ and took the game over..feels like Cavs in 5 or 6 😎

Can’t complain. Up 2-0 and playing very spirited and aggressive. Love to see it. The Magic just look too young, but they have a chance to get back into it at home.

Largely in comfortable control tonight all the way through.

Starting to think there's a good chance of getting a split on the road, and this series ending in game 5 in Cleveland. Cavs just more talented and experienced.

Largely in comfortable control tonight all the way through.

Starting to think there's a good chance of getting a split on the road, and this series ending in game 5 in Cleveland. Cavs just more talented and experienced.
Agree. The Magic just don’t have enough scorers and don’t look ready for this. I’m sure they will make it hard on the Cavs in Orlando, though.

In terms of draft picks, Koby has been pretty solid IMO. Respective to draft position and draft class.

Okoro is the easiest to about, but if you go back and look at his draft nobody of any real impact went in the next handful of picks after him. Six picks later Vassell (sp. ?) went, and to this point he's just been a solid scorer for really bad Spurs teams.

Biggest missed opportunity was in 2018. Sexton was a solid pick at #8, but that draft was very deep. There were as many as four players in the next six picks that have probably been better than him to this point. An All-NBA player and MVP contender in Gilgeous-Alexander went three picks later. I'd much rather have SGA now than have Mitchell.
Haliburton went 12th

The guys aren't in awe this time. Okoro is earning an extension. Allen is out to prove a point. And DM is the engine. Really want him to be here long term, hand him the keys, ask him who else he wants

I will go on record saying this was not JB’s call…this came from the front office/owner and he just played foot soldier. This from a front office that lives and dies with awful draft pics…Bennett, Waiters and the 5’7 dude from Oakland…TT, a serviceable player but not a lottery pick, Joe Harris? We kept him in the G league..in Brooklyn he was a knockdown 45% shooter, Sexton, Mobley…while other teams are drafting European players who are ready day 1…..we lived and died with LBJ..now we live and die with Mitchell…we are stuck…no draft capital…and Mitchell maybe walking…it isn’t all coaching..it is front office.
Mobley is solid

In terms of draft picks, Koby has been pretty solid IMO. Respective to draft position and draft class.

Okoro is the easiest to about, but if you go back and look at his draft nobody of any real impact went in the next handful of picks after him. Six picks later Vassell (sp. ?) went, and to this point he's just been a solid scorer for really bad Spurs teams.

Biggest missed opportunity was in 2018. Sexton was a solid pick at #8, but that draft was very deep. There were as many as four players in the next six picks that have probably been better than him to this point. An All-NBA player and MVP contender in Gilgeous-Alexander went three picks later. I'd much rather have SGA now than have Mitchell.
Okoro has increased his value with his improved outside shot.

Man..a 1 o’clock game on a Saturday is tough…hard to stay inside on a 65 degree beautiful day down here in Cincy. Still confused about what the league was thinking with the schedule? I will tune in but can’t watch for 2.5 hours straight…
And this series has two 1 o'clock starts...

Here we are, a few hours away from the playoffs and there has been no real activity in this thread all week…which mirrors the lack of public enthusiasm in the Cleveland area this week. Could the tanking of the game last Sunday really have done that much damage, or does the public just not believe in this team? I feel like if the Cavs win Game 1 the series will take over the attention of the public in NEO. Right now I hear more buzz about the Guardians and they are only 20 games into a 162 game season.
Or it could be playoffs was the expectation for the Cavs, no one expected 17-6 from the Tribe.

The guys aren't in awe this time. Okoro is earning an extension. Allen is out to prove a point. And DM is the engine. Really want him to be here long term, hand him the keys, ask him who else he wants
38 rebounds in 2 games will go a long way to shedding the soft label. Speaking of rebounding Strus has been a force as well.

Not sure the Celtics are much of a guarantee to make it to round 2. I say this because cavs just need to bring it every night and keep moving on. There are zero unbeatable teams this year, albeit the Nuggets are probably the best. We aren't in former Bulls, Heat, Warriors time anymore

Like I have said all along…Mobley is not a starter…period. The whole effort was poor..Magic played in your face defense and we folded like a tent…off ball movement was terrible…too much iso and predictable passes…

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
JB: let's see how this goes...down 10, 20, 30, 40...crickets. he's an idiot. I like DM, but wtf is with some of the disappearing acts in road playoff games last 2 years? This wasn't MSG, but could have fooled me

So...what was Rich Paul talking to Gilbert about after the game Monday? That, then this,