CAVS 2022-2023

Loving Mitchell on the Cavs! He is a true difference-maker, a legit MVP candidate. Loving the wins! The only negative, so far, is Mitchell seems to be detracting from Mobley’s offensive development. I’m hopeful over the course of this long season we see more of the offense move through Mobley. As great as Mitchell is, Mobley can be another Giannis.

Loving Mitchell on the Cavs! He is a true difference-maker, a legit MVP candidate. Loving the wins! The only negative, so far, is Mitchell seems to be detracting from Mobley’s offensive development. I’m hopeful over the course of this long season we see more of the offense move through Mobley. As great as Mitchell is, Mobley can be another Giannis.
At this point and time Mobley is just role player on this team … too inconsistent outside shooting and not strong enough to be a consistent force down low … his biggest strength is his defense right now … in a year or two things will change …. but for now, role player … he is not anywhere near Giannis.

The Lakers are a mess, they are an aging team that looks very unmotivated to play any defense and had no movement on offense other then one on one dribble drives. At the end of the game when the back ups were on the floor playing hard the Cavs were shocked and had trouble closing the game out, all those folks sitting in those expensive courtside seats must be real happy about their current investment. But alas they are the Lakers and somehow they will have some dynamic player fall into their lap and start the championship cycle again in a couple years.

For what it's worth, Steven a thinks that the Lakers should trade LeBron. At 4::40 he says they should call the Cavs to discuss a trade, because Cleveland has young players to trade. Why would anyone think that the Cavs would want James back? He would immediately insist that the remaining young players be traded for over-the-hill players who will merely feed the ball to him. It was done everywhere he went. No, Steven A, stick to New York teams. You know nothing about the Cavs. You just want to see the Lakers rebuild.

For what it's worth, Steven a thinks that the Lakers should trade LeBron. At 4::40 he says they should call the Cavs to discuss a trade, because Cleveland has young players to trade. Why would anyone think that the Cavs would want James back? He would immediately insist that the remaining young players be traded for over-the-hill players who will merely feed the ball to him. It was done everywhere he went. No, Steven A, stick to New York teams. You know nothing about the Cavs. You just want to see the Lakers rebuild.

Yeah that is nonsense. I like LeBron a lot, but not on this Cavs team. It is silly for Steven A to suggest that they would tinker with this roster to get LBJ for the short term.

Steven A, just like everyone on sports tv. needs strong teams in LA, NY, Miami, Brooklyn, Boston, and SF. They couldn't care less about teams such as Cleveland, hoping that they will be fodder for the other teams when the high publicity teams call. LeBron is one of the last people this team needs; he comes, and chaos will ensue. The media people don't talk about how good the Cavs are; they talk about what's wrong with the Lakers, the Celtics, the Knicks. The focus is always on the other team, because they are on the list of " We need them to be strong, so we can talk about them and get more viewers."

What an idiot.

The only way LeBron should ever come back here is for the NBA minimum salary and come off the bench as a role player.

So it'll never happen.

What an idiot.

The only way LeBron should ever come back here is for the NBA minimum salary and come off the bench as a role player.

So it'll never happen.
I think he breaks Kareem's points record as a Laker this season and at a minimum they hold on to him until that milestone is made. Then next year the Lakers try to trade for assets and maybe a NYC or Brooklyn picks him up to sell tickets. I could see a Cavs possibility happening in 2-3 years when he is chasing a final title and accepts a bench role to retire as a Cav. Who knows, he could even fade away somewhere and then do the 1 day contract route to retire a Cav but I think he wants to do some kind of final trip around the League and get gifts like Kareem did back in the day..

So you Sexton fan boys are saying you want him back and Mitchell somewhere else? I think your Mom just yelled down the stairs that you need to empty the dishwasher 🤣…the Cavs are 8-2…with 2 wins against the Celts!…Mitchell is putting up 30 a game and remind me again how many All Star teams Sexton was selected for? How many double digit assists in a game? This team is on the rise!

Yes it is sexton would not blown game like garland did.Utah beaT the clippers. Utah got better end of the trade
There's not a GM in the NBA that would take Sexton over Garland. Garland averages more points, assists and rebounds than Sexton and is an All-Star point guard. Sexton on the other hand doesn't handle the ball or distribute it well enough to be a point guard and isn't big enough or a good enough 3 point shooter to be a decent shooting guard. He's an offense killer due to his suck the air of an offense due to his unwillingness to share the ball. I like Sexton as a player in the right role but he's not on any universe superior to Garland.

Seems like just yetserday that you were telling us that Cedi Osman would be the man. Now you are in love with Jordan Clarkson's backup.

Darius garland sucks.trade was awful for mitchell.we need sexton

Is that the same Sexton that you told us would lead the Cavs to a championship within 4 years?

Posted by brian on July 2, 2018:

Cavs make playoffs it a lock cedi will play, lebron hortible defense is gone, run a resl offense.Collin sexton will lead cavs to nba title by 2021.

Or this gem on July 15, 2018-

Cedi osman is alot better than you think, lebron a loss,sexton is the key to a nba title.

Colin is currently averaging 13 points a game backing up career backup Jordan Clarkson.

Da

His team is better then the cavs.it was a baD trade.
10 games don't make a season. Talk to me after 82 games. Danny Ainge is building the Jazz for the future. He's traded off every decent commodity he had for picks. Even he doesn't believe the Jazz are the better team.

10 games don't make a season. Talk to me after 82 games. Danny Ainge is building the Jazz for the future. He's traded off every decent commodity he had for picks. Even he doesn't believe the Jazz are the better team.
Danny Ainge has a ton of fan boys in the media that think his stuff doesn't stink but he needs this Jazz team to actually tank as the picks he got from the Cavs & Wolves will probably be in the late teens and 20s and not give him the capital to go and get a dynamic player(s) that is needed to succeed in the NBA. No team in the top 5 would trade out for a pick in the late teens and a bunch in the 20s. Now if the Jazz's actual pick was in the 8-12 range he could package those acquired assets to move up 3 or 4 spots to get a guy that has serious upside but may be missing 1 thing to keep him out of the top couple of picks that never get traded. Right now they are setting up for that mid teen treadmill that many in the NBA say is the worst place to reside.

I do like Lauri Markkanen and always thought he could fit in a place as a 4 with a solid 5 providing him cover in the paint defensively. His issue in CLE is Mobley really is a 4 and he was out of position as a 3 and Love was the back up 4. Sexton can turn things around but has the same game as Garland and it appears Garland looks to be the better prospect of the two. We shall see as both are young and just coming into form.

Danny Ainge has a ton of fan boys in the media that think his stuff doesn't stink but he needs this Jazz team to actually tank as the picks he got from the Cavs & Wolves will probably be in the late teens and 20s and not give him the capital to go and get a dynamic player(s) that is needed to succeed in the NBA. No team in the top 5 would trade out for a pick in the late teens and a bunch in the 20s. Now if the Jazz's actual pick was in the 8-12 range he could package those acquired assets to move up 3 or 4 spots to get a guy that has serious upside but may be missing 1 thing to keep him out of the top couple of picks that never get traded. Right now they are setting up for that mid teen treadmill that many in the NBA say is the worst place to reside.

I do like Lauri Markkanen and always thought he could fit in a place as a 4 with a solid 5 providing him cover in the paint defensively. His issue in CLE is Mobley really is a 4 and he was out of position as a 3 and Love was the back up 4. Sexton can turn things around but has the same game as Garland and it appears Garland looks to be the better prospect of the two. We shall see as both are young and just coming into form.
I do think Sexton is a decent player but the record demonstrates Garland is the better all-around and more valuable player as he is also a distributor of the ball and at least attempts to play defense.

I do think Sexton is a decent player but the record demonstrates Garland is the better all-around and more valuable player as he is also a distributor of the ball and at least attempts to play defense.
For sure. I posted a few times that I wish the Cavs had them both, because Sexton can be dynamic scorer off the bench. But only Sexton's Mom and brian1227 think he is better than Garland.

For sure. I posted a few times that I wish the Cavs had them both, because Sexton can be dynamic scorer off the bench. But only Sexton's Mom and brian1227 think he is better than Garland.
I think he could be a very good 6th man, instant offense off of the bench, a la Vinny Johnson back in the day.