Cavs 2020-2021

I’m wondering if they are thinking 3 bigs with the 2 little guards to help their defense? … although saying Markkanen helping with defense is oxymoron.
May very well be that way at times. I'd probably expect Markkanen to be the 6th man, and they may use him as a corner floor spacer on offense at times with the other two big guys in.

It doesn't sound like there's any possibility of a Kevin Love buyout at this point.

Sounds like he'd rather get paid $60 million the next two years to rot away on the bench behind the three much younger bigs. I can't necessarily blame him. He's going to be making easy money and getting paid a lot more than he'd get between a buyout and a lesser contract elsewhere, and he already has a ring.

I would love to see a healthy Love come off the bench and average 12 & 8 … with effective 3 points shooting … would help the Cavs and increase his value at the same time … also would not be surprised if he plays mostly backup Center.

I think it is a little telling that the hometown boy who so much enjoyed coming home to play was part of the plan to get him of here to a contender. That's a pretty strong indicator that he didn't see a fast turnaround for this team.

I think it is a little telling that the hometown boy who so much enjoyed coming home to play was part of the plan to get him of here to a contender. That's a pretty strong indicator that he didn't see a fast turnaround for this team.
Seems to have been a realistic assessment of the situation. Many younger players, and the highest potential asset is a 20 year old rookie. They probably aren't winning a playoff series until at least Mobley's third year.

Why waste away coming off the bench in your remaining prime years on a mid-lottery to play-in tournament caliber team when you can be the same role player on a competitive team that has some chance of winning in the playoffs.

Liking the trade for Markkanen. He can fill it up from deep. Nance, because of the fond memories of his dad and that Cavs era, was grossly overvalued by the fans. He’s an end of bench guy on a championship team. The Cavs need reliable scoring and they improved it with Markkanen.

I’m actually optimistic this team will make the playoffs and that (probably short) playoff experience will be immensely helpful to their growth going forward.

I would love to see a healthy Love come off the bench and average 12 & 8 … with effective 3 points shooting … would help the Cavs and increase his value at the same time … also would not be surprised if he plays mostly backup Center.
And with Ricky Rubio the second wave will be greatly improved.