Cavs 2019-2020

I watched the highlights of the blowout and this is not Pro basketball,players and coach are real BAD.

Finally a win with the new guy,maybe they can win half of the games left...probably not.

Embarrassing. It so very over.

This one is on Altman. There were some who felt it was a Gilbert hire because of the Michigan connection. But, apparently, this all stemmed from a conversation with Altman at a wedding reception where Beilein made his interest in coaching the Cavs known (he has interviewed previously with the Pistons). History repeats itself. There just aren't many college coaches who succeed in the NBA and this was an abysmal failure. I will admit, I thought there was some merit bringing in a proven coach to mentor younger players. But Beilein proved to be so out of touch with his players, so tone deaf to what NBA life is like, it swallowed him up whole.

That being said, I don't know if Bickerstaff can reach this group of undisciplined younger players (someone want to remind Colin Sexton there is another end of the floor, too?) and disgruntled veterans. Hell, I don't know if a combination of Red Auerbach, Phil Jackson, and Greg Popovich could mold this mish-mash of a roster into a winner. Or maybe, the players just quit on Beilein after the "thug" comment. We'll see if they play with any more energy now that he's gone. I'm not holding my breath. Looks like a lot of long, cold winters ahead for the Cavaliers.

They all looked really happy with themselves.

League blows and this franchise is in shambles.

Indifference is worse than hate. So, is being irrelevant.

This one is on Altman. There were some who felt it was a Gilbert hire because of the Michigan connection. But, apparently, this all stemmed from a conversation with Altman at a wedding reception where Beilein made his interest in coaching the Cavs known (he has interviewed previously with the Pistons). History repeats itself. There just aren't many college coaches who succeed in the NBA and this was an abysmal failure. I will admit, I thought there was some merit bringing in a proven coach to mentor younger players. But Beilein proved to be so out of touch with his players, so tone deaf to what NBA life is like, it swallowed him up whole.

That being said, I don't know if Bickerstaff can reach this group of undisciplined younger players (someone want to remind Colin Sexton there is another end of the floor, too?) and disgruntled veterans. Hell, I don't know if a combination of Red Auerbach, Phil Jackson, and Greg Popovich could mold this mish-mash of a roster into a winner. Or maybe, the players just quit on Beilein after the "thug" comment. We'll see if they play with any more energy now that he's gone. I'm not holding my breath. Looks like a lot of long, cold winters ahead for the Cavaliers.

Their defense is just atrocious. Bickerstaff was supposed to be in charge of the D but who knows what his true role was under Beilein. I'm really interested to see where their defensive numbers go in the second half.

How are they going to be better next year,some have to go and who will would come here to make them better?