Cardinal Mooney HC placed on Leave

Wow - no innocent until proven guilty on here. Carl is a very intense guy and all the yappi killers on here are cracking on him pretty bad. Wish Carl could get each one of you in a room and see what you all say to his face man to man. I bet he sends each one of you to the hospital.
Well when his wife, son, and daughter say he put hands on his wife... Only a coward would do that man.

Wow - no innocent until proven guilty on here. Carl is a very intense guy and all the yappi killers on here are cracking on him pretty bad. Wish Carl could get each one of you in a room and see what you all say to his face man to man. I bet he sends each one of you to the hospital.
He will get his due process. No one here has power to convict him. But you'll forgive me if I'm not surprised that he committed a crime. The dude was fired from my college cuz of being a drunk and coke addict and having other issues too. He's a mess and should have never been hired for a job working with kids after that. I said that when they hired him

Well when his wife, son, and daughter say he put hands on his wife... Only a coward would do
Well when his wife, son, and daughter say he put hands on his wife... Only a coward would do that man.
The guy is a piece of manure (animal dung used for fertilizing land). And to stand up for what he did shows that a certain yappster follows in his foot steps in same category

Should we dress as women before going into the room? Because that's who he seems to like to hit!

Yeah. Defending a wife beater by saying he coukd kick everyone's *ss on thread and send them to the hospital is NOT the way to go here bud.

Yeah. Defending a wife beater by saying he coukd kick everyone's *ss on thread and send them to the hospital is NOT the way to go here bud.
Nobody said I am defending him - whatever comes from the arrest and court if it goes there I don’t care. But people taking shots at him before any of that happens, it’s weak. How about you who feel that way go tell him face to face. That’s my whole argument period. If you say something on here I expect you would say it to him in person.

Ummm, wouldn't that be just the kind of conduct (allegedly) that got him in this trouble?

Nobody said I am defending him - whatever comes from the arrest and court if it goes there I don’t care. But people taking shots at him before any of that happens, it’s weak. How about you who feel that way go tell him face to face. That’s my whole argument period. If you say something on here I expect you would say it to him in person.
I would have absolutely no problem with telling him to his face hiw I feel about a man who hits a woman. No problem whatsoever.

You should do it then
Ytown...I understand how you feel. And it's faithful. Backing a possible friend during a tough time. I met Carl when he was going into his 11th grade in the neighborhood we lived in. I just moved into the neighborhood as a high school graduate, and didn't know anybody. He would shoot "hoops" with me and was very respectful. To a point where he introduced me to a number of other people from the neighborhood. Carl was intense back then, but not in a bad way. He was(and still) competitive. However, he needs help right now. Depending on what the courts decide, I hope he gets treatment because he needs it. I can also understand how some of the "Posters" could be very upset. And "Freedom of Speech" allows them to voice their opinion. I hope the best for Carl, he needs help, and I hope he gets it. And for you, I respect that you have been backing him up, as a friend(assumption). That's called loyalty.

Ytown...I understand how you feel. And it's faithful. Backing a possible friend during a tough time. I met Carl when he was going into his 11th grade in the neighborhood we lived in. I just moved into the neighborhood as a high school graduate, and didn't know anybody. He would shoot "hoops" with me and was very respectful. To a point where he introduced me to a number of other people from the neighborhood. Carl was intense back then, but not in a bad way. He was(and still) competitive. However, he needs help right now. Depending on what the courts decide, I hope he gets treatment because he needs it. I can also understand how some of the "Posters" could be very upset. And "Freedom of Speech" allows them to voice their opinion. I hope the best for Carl, he needs help, and I hope he gets it. And for you, I respect that you have been backing him up, as a friend(assumption). That's called loyalty.
Does "shooting hoops" mean what I think it means?

Everybody needs to take a chill pill. This is a very sad situation. Clearly
Whatever the outcome of The coaches personal problems is.? Cardinal Mooney
Needs to move on and provide the best opportunity for the kids
to succeed. I have Great respect for Cardinal Mooney it’s players and
Fan Base. Especially the ones posting on here and JJ Huddle in the past.
Any interaction I have had with them has always been first class. I wish
CM players and fans the best of Luck and pray all things will work out.

I’ve yet to see an account of his son and daughter saying that.
Fox news report:

"The alleged domestic violence incident occurred early Sunday morning between Pelini and his wife. A call from Pelini’s daughter was placed to Boardman Police and she said her mother was "bleeding" and had a "black eye," according to the station. Responding officers said the woman was "highly intoxicated" and said she and her husband had an argument and that he hit her."

While no love lost with an administrative or coaching predicament at Cardinal Mooney; given the reference above to Bishop Sycamore, this news and development is bad for all Ohio schools as it has made national news. I find it sad and almost frustrating that Cardinal Mooney seems to be headed towards a death spiral, and this story is just accelerating that.

I also find a lot of the information shared about the community and enrollment on this thread insightful. However I hope I speak for many of the Steubenville fanbase in saying no one wants this kind of story for one of our fiercest and most profound adversaries. It genuinely takes away form what most of us get on here for and that is to revel in the passion of high school football.

I hope Cardinal Mooney Administration are truly able to find a way to take this story from a roar to a whimper very soon and wish they find a desirable long-term successor to right the program's direction.

Well if sending someone to the hospital is his response to criticism then he’s probably rightfully charged.

Footballforever - nice post, it is appreciated. I do agree with the help that he needs part also. Naturally I don’t know the situation but for the kids sake and spouse I hope he does get help as well as the rest of the family if needed also.

Well if sending someone to the hospital is his response to criticism then he’s probably rightfully charged.
If guilty than charge him. No problem with that. But I do stand by if someone speaks about you, hits you or uses a weapon on you - all three are equal to an adversary and some people only listen to a physical response. That’s where the phrase “disrespecting someone” comes from and some sort of action would be called for.

Fox news report:

"The alleged domestic violence incident occurred early Sunday morning between Pelini and his wife. A call from Pelini’s daughter was placed to Boardman Police and she said her mother was "bleeding" and had a "black eye," according to the station. Responding officers said the woman was "highly intoxicated" and said she and her husband had an argument and that he hit her."
Thanks I’ve been busy and haven’t had a chance to look up the news reports.

"According to the report, Pelini and the woman were having an argument and police were told the woman “bit (Pelini) on the arm” and he was then told to leave.

His wife told police there was an argument, but said “it all happened so fast.” She could not provide further details “due to her emotional state and being intoxicated,” the incident report states."

I'm not saying it's right - but I understand -Chris Rock