Cardinal Mooney at Steubenville

Is Big Red back healthy yet? Who’s still injured?
Big Red is as healthy as 1 can expect. Starting TB out for the year along with 1 OL/DL guy both were big losses.
Some banged up kids who may or may not play but by postseason only those 2 should be missing unless others go down.

Quality talent on both sides of the ball

Big Red is as healthy as 1 can expect. Starting TB out for the year along with 1 OL/DL guy both were big losses.
Some banged up kids who may or may not play but by postseason only those 2 should be missing unless others go down.

Quality talent on both sides of the ball
Not really-- if there were, then Steubenville would actually play somebody good, and TEST that talent. Notice that Steubenville was NOT playing Mooney, back when Mooney was actually any good.

What's keeping Steubenville from playing Kirtland?
Who is Kirtland?? After the 1st 4 divisions in Ohio it’s just schools that can stack teams in the smaller divisions.

Those teams in 5-6-7 that win every year aren’t impressive.

Here are the top teams in Steubenville's Division III-- at least 7 of these top nine (Chardon, Dover, West Holmes, Aurora, Canfield, Norton, and Hubbard) are within EASY travel distance of Steubenville (in the Northwest quadrant of the state of Ohio)-- does Steubenville play ANY of these teams?-- Oops, I found Steuby DID play ONE of these good teams-- Dover-- and got beat soundly 24-7... Steuby lost to its only other decent opponent, too-- Columbus DeSales... looks like Steuby is in for its regular disappointment in the playoffs.

1 Chardon (Chardon) (8-0) (261) [22]
2 Dover (Dover) (7-0) (217) [1]
3 Badin (Hamilton) (8-0) (151) [2]
4 West Holmes (Millersburg) (8-0) (149) [1]
5 Aurora (Aurora) (7-1) (148) [1]
6 Granville (Granville) (7-0) (113)
7 Canfield (Canfield) (7-1) (99)
8 Norton (Norton) (8-0) (96)
9 Hubbard (Hubbard) (8-0) (91)

Promptly leaves to check Kirtlands amazing schedule.
3 winning teams on the schedule so far out of 7 games. ???

Obviously throughout the last 4 decades Big Reds schedule has been quality enough to win championships I’d D2 D3 and D4 and play in a few more.

Here are the top teams in Steubenville's Division III-- at least 7 of these top nine (Chardon, Dover, West Holmes, Aurora, Canfield, Norton, and Hubbard) are within EASY travel distance of Steubenville (in the Northwest quadrant of the state of Ohio)-- does Steubenville play ANY of these teams?

1 Chardon (Chardon) (8-0) (261) [22]
2 Dover (Dover) (7-0) (217) [1]
3 Badin (Hamilton) (8-0) (151) [2]
4 West Holmes (Millersburg) (8-0) (149) [1]
5 Aurora (Aurora) (7-1) (148) [1]
6 Granville (Granville) (7-0) (113)
7 Canfield (Canfield) (7-1) (99)
8 Norton (Norton) (8-0) (96)
9 Hubbard (Hubbard) (8-0) (91)
Yes they played Dover.

Steuby is best off avoiding the best teams in Division II and III, since that doesn't work out well for them.

Steuby is best off avoiding the best teams in Division II and III, since that doesn't work out well for them.
Yes most teams in those divisions do the same. Just Joe Eitel for there schedules.
Literally no one playing great competition weekly.
It’s stupid if you do.

Yes most teams in those divisions do the same. Just Joe Eitel for there schedules.
Literally no one playing great competition weekly.
It’s stupid if you do.
And then you get your arse kicked in the playoff. NOT what Hoban is doing! NOT what Ms. Washington is doing!

3 championships 3 runner ups last 14 years. They doing just fine in the post season for a public school.
I see one championship in the last 10 years--- 2017-- and two in 14 years-- 2017 and 2006. One in the last decade. I can count five public schools that have done as well as (or FAR better than) that in the last decade, without even trying hard (Pickerington Central-- with the Big Boys, Kirtland, Maria Stein, Coldwater, Trotwood-Madison, Clinton-Massie)-- THEY all play somebody during the season... Doesn't look like Steuby will be going anywhere outside its region in the playoffs this year.

I see one championship in the last 10 years--- 2017-- and two in 14 years-- 2017 and 2006. One in the last decade. I can count five public schools that have done as well as (or FAR better than) that in the last decade, without even trying hard (Pickerington Central-- with the Big Boys, Kirtland, Maria Stein, Coldwater, Trotwood-Madison, Clinton-Massie)-- THEY all play somebody during the season... Doesn't look like Steuby will be going anywhere outside its region in the playoffs this year.
They won in 2005 as well, I guess I was off a year. Again 3 championships 3 runners up in 15 years.

You are talking to the wrong one if you think I get frustrated about the master scheduler not scheduling enough. I enjoy 9 home games a year. I believe the last time that happened they hung 50 on Massie for a Championship. So again the argument about scheduling all these teams is borderline idiotic.

Tell whoever you root for to just call the school. They probably will sign them up for a trip down to play.

Promptly leaves to check Kirtlands amazing schedule.
3 winning teams on the schedule so far out of 7 games. ???

Obviously throughout the last 4 decades Big Reds schedule has been quality enough to win championships I’d D2 D3 and D4 and play in a few more.
if you look at their past schedules it is not impressive.. this doesn't seem to matter they still roll in the playoffs

I like to see the freshman RB get some early reps, see what you got. Can he help us now or is that wishful thinking. Soph. RB is a nice piece and the dual can give us an outside running threat. With Bozica and Ostavich pounding the middle

They won in 2005 as well, I guess I was off a year. Again 3 championships 3 runners up in 15 years.

You are talking to the wrong one if you think I get frustrated about the master scheduler not scheduling enough. I enjoy 9 home games a year. I believe the last time that happened they hung 50 on Massie for a Championship. So again the argument about scheduling all these teams is borderline idiotic.
One in 10 years. Not even close this year. That will make it five years since the last one-- IF Steuby is even competitive next year. Steubenville hasn't really been the consistent playoff winner that Kirtland, Maria Stein, Coldwater, Pick Central, and Trotwood have been over the last 10 years.

Much like Ms. Washington, a lot of those Steuby big wins are on old, faded black & white pictures. Steuby's been passed by, in the last decade-- and there are no signs it's going to get better. There are 7 teams in Northwest Ohio (ALL of them Public schools) that are ALL better than Steuby-- and Steuby's coach is mostly afraid to play any of them-- for fear of takin' a beatin' (like that Dover game). Wanna get better?-- Then PLAY SOMEONE! Steuby waited until Mooney fell off a cliff, to schedule a matchup with them-- where was this game on the Steubenville schedule 15 (or even 10) years ago?

The Big Red played 45 games between 2015 and 2017. That’s 15 extra games against each playoff teams. Big Red hasn’t dodged anyone. In fact, since no local teams will play scheduling is difficult. SHS has 250 boys and are one of the smaller D3 schools. Should we schedule St X, Iggy, St. Ed’s etc. Our playoff record speaks for itself and The Big Red owes no one an apology, just like we weren’t looking for a pat on the back when we scheduled Massillon for 6 years in a row. We’ve had home and homes with Hoban, St V, DeSales, Watterson and too many great programs to mention.

Tell whoever you root for to just call the school. They probably will sign them up for a trip down to play.
Not likely-- unless your coach wants to experience a running clock from the start of the second half onward (and we know how much your coach dislikes losing). You'd also need to provide a return game-- since X will have more fans in the stands for its home game, than Steuby will for its home game (and we know how much your coach dislikes traveling to away games).

You might want to start a little smaller-- and bite off something that Steuby has a chance of being able to chew-- like, say, Hoban, or Benedictine-- or even just Chardon, or West Holmes, or Hubbard, or Aurora, or Canfield, or Norton.

You are a total moron dude. Let me refresh your brain dead memory…..back to back titles in 2005, 2006, runner up in 2008, 2015,2016 and a championship in 2017. A playoff record of 68-28. 18 regional championships, 9 title game appearances and you’re tossing stones at the 3rd winningest program in Ohio and the 16th or 17th winningest program in the country. What do you expect from a program? Forget your last 10 years, in the past 6 years alone big red has 3 final game appearances and has beaten Massie twice handily. Trotwood? I don’t think they’ve won yet this year. MSML, Kirtland, Coldwater? First, SHS rarely schedules down and second, those schools would no more travel those distances even if we wanted home and homes. The garbage you’re spewing makes zero sense. It’s always the guys like you who are ashamed of their team and simply love to bash others. Go troll somewhere else pal.