Canton McKinley s Record this year

fleadog101

I think that considering what the program had faced before the season started a 6-4 record is very good and if they tweak the program bit I do see some positive improvement for next year.
A lot of people had said maybe at best a 2-8 season

I think that considering what the program had faced before the season started a 6-4 record is very good and if they tweak the program bit I do see some positive improvement for next year.
A lot of people had said maybe at best a 2-8 season
I understand what you're saying. I was one of the individuals sitting at the McKinley-Mentor game thinking McKinley won't win a game this year. They looked like a first year program and watching the Massillon game last weekend after 10 weeks it's without a question an incredible wide gap between coaching staffs of the two schools. McKinley has to figure out a way to really narrow that gap and I have no idea what the CCS system's plan if any is to do that. Status quo will be not do IMO.

A proven winner with his own staff needs to be brought in. We need another Jimmy Aiken or Terry Forbes or a Wade Watts. or a Brian Cross
These 3 rebuilt the program after the previous coach was a disaster. This decision will be important if the Bulldogs can return to the elite or become a mediocre farm league school and this may lead to the end of the once biggest rivalry in high school sports.

This team had three very bad games,the fourth loss was a give away.Just hope #5 is a go,HUGE leader and the real deal as a player.

A proven winner with his own staff needs to be brought in. We need another Jimmy Aiken or Terry Forbes or a Wade Watts. or a Brian Cross
These 3 rebuilt the program after the previous coach was a disaster. This decision will be important if the Bulldogs can return to the elite or become a mediocre farm league school and this may lead to the end of the once biggest rivalry in high school sports.
I don’t disagree with you. However, two things:

1. Bringing in your “own” staff is almost completely nonexistent anymore. Most new coaches are lucky to be able to bring one coordinator with them.

2. You don’t see Hall as having a largely successful season? I’m not sure McK could’ve gotten anything better this season. What happens when the kids that bought into Coach Hall this season are turned over yet again with another HC? Changing the HC is not always the answer.

1. Bringing in your “own” staff is almost completely nonexistent anymore. Most new coaches are lucky to be able to bring one coordinator with them.

2. You don’t see Hall as having a largely successful season? I’m not sure McK could’ve gotten anything better this season. What happens when the kids that bought into Coach Hall this season are turned over yet again with another HC? Changing the HC is not always the answer.
That without a doubt might be an issue but you know what? They're leaving anyway in fact they left after Hall was named head coach.

That without a doubt might be an issue but you know what? They're leaving anyway in fact they left after Hall was named head coach.
Sure, but you want the ones who stayed with Coach Hall and obviously played their butts off for him and each other to feel disenfranchised again?

Did I miss the announcement that Hall was resigning?
No, just some McK fans believe they should be 9-1, 10-0 every year again and are willing to continue changing coaches like underwear until that happens.
I stated in the summer that for at least this season the best option for the community would be to get behind Hall and show him their support.

I guess we'll just wait till you and the other guy give us the ok.
If I’m the “other guy”, no need to wait for my permission to discuss the next McKinley Bulldogs HC. Probably good to do that when you’re still playing.

Can I ask, what have you seen this season, considering what the Bulldogs have been through, that makes you want a new HC? From an outside perspective, I feel like you are putting winning in front of the kids. I feel like Hall has done a tremendous job playing the hand he was dealt. He seems like he’s able to build quality relationships with the kids that hung around. Once the kids and community trust a coach and buy in, I think McK will see a difference. Trying to do that every couple years isn’t working.

You must be a member of the Nice Classy Guy Club in Canṭon Getting slaughtered by a farm school and Massillon is only success to a mad maṇ Hall didn't get the job legitimately he was rejected when he had to compete with other qualified Head Coacheṣ There is no Canton McKinley Community left because of the bad hires by the Canton School Board people have lost interest only a name coach being brought in will get the interest back not an affirmative action hire that is making McKinley Cleveland South Tech. The kids that are only playing for Hall can get behind the new coach or hit the road they have no loyalty to the City of Canton so they are undesirables They are playing on the dime of the taxpayers the tax payers are the real bosseṣ not the Canton Classy Guy Club. Changing the HC would be the answer to the mess the football program is in now. A fresh start with a proven winner is the answer to bringing Canton back not some old football jock who wouldn't be hired anywhere else. Some people never learṇ

You must be a member of the Nice Classy Guy Club in Canṭon Getting slaughtered by a farm school and Massillon is only success to a mad maṇ Hall didn't get the job legitimately he was rejected when he had to compete with other qualified Head Coacheṣ There is no Canton McKinley Community left because of the bad hires by the Canton School Board people have lost interest only a name coach being brought in will get the interest back not an affirmative action hire that is making McKinley Cleveland South Tech. The kids that are only playing for Hall can get behind the new coach or hit the road they have no loyalty to the City of Canton so they are undesirables They are playing on the dime of the taxpayers the tax payers are the real bosseṣ not the Canton Classy Guy Club. Changing the HC would be the answer to the mess the football program is in now. A fresh start with a proven winner is the answer to bringing Canton back not some old football jock who wouldn't be hired anywhere else. Some people never learṇ
One of the best posts I’ve read from you. Not that I entirely agree, but I also am not a lifelong Bulldog fan. Nice to see your perspective w/o calling everyone names.

FYI. McKinley will have at least 6 away games in 2022. Check the Arbiter page.

Last edited:
FYI. McKinley will have at 6 away games in 2022. Check the Arbiter page.
Thanks Maxie for the informatioṇ And keep posting that record of the Canton Massillon Series so it rubs into the so-called Canton fans and their love for the Classy Guy Club.

This is in no way meant to be facetious…serious question. Who would you like McKinley to go after?

Good luck to McKinley no matter what they do. The program is not what it could be that is for certain. I do not know the first thing about the dynamics at play but the program itself is the result of whatever the dynamics are. Putting that aside those who stayed and played this season did better than most expected. I am a Massillon guy born and raised. I tip my hat to those folks on the 2021 team that endured and overcame the BS. Now go win this week!

Go Pups!

Not accurate. Medina has arguably the best high school QB in Ohio, along with two linemen being recruited by Big Ten schools! The current HC at Stow would be a better candidate.

If I’m the “other guy”, no need to wait for my permission to discuss the next McKinley Bulldogs HC. Probably good to do that when you’re still playing.

Can I ask, what have you seen this season, considering what the Bulldogs have been through, that makes you want a new HC? From an outside perspective, I feel like you are putting winning in front of the kids. I feel like Hall has done a tremendous job playing the hand he was dealt. He seems like he’s able to build quality relationships with the kids that hung around. Once the kids and community trust a coach and buy in, I think McK will see a difference. Trying to do that every couple years isn’t working.
As a die hard Massillon fan, I totally agree that changing coaches every 2-4 years isn't the answer. You need to hire "the right guy", give him time to build a program and then the results will come.
Moore was "the right guy" when Massillon hired him. People can make fun of him or his wife, or whatever they want to, but the results say that he was the right hire.
He is building a program the right way, from the ground up. He and his wife are more vested in the school and city than any other coach and wife have EVER been. I know that this is where people shout that Massillon recruits and whatever else they want, but again, look at the results he has gotten.
I have no idea how long the Moore's plan on being in Massillon, but I hope it is a long time.
Again, the answer isn't to keep turning over coaches, it is put in the work, and find "the right guy" for McKinley.

Not accurate. Medina has arguably the best high school QB in Ohio, along with two linemen being recruited by Big Ten schools! The current HC at Stow would be a better candidate.
The guy that has 4 wins vs the guy that is undefeated and beat mentor (the team that shellacked Mck by 50 plus points) more stupidity from the Canton fan base. The coach we have is an affirmative action hire. He fired the previous coach and took his job sounds like conflict of interest to me. Now you tell me who is the better coach.

Ha
As a die hard Massillon fan, I totally agree that changing coaches every 2-4 years isn't the answer. You need to hire "the right guy", give him time to build a program and then the results will come.
Moore was "the right guy" when Massillon hired him. People can make fun of him or his wife, or whatever they want to, but the results say that he was the right hire.
He is building a program the right way, from the ground up. He and his wife are more vested in the school and city than any other coach and wife have EVER been. I know that this is where people shout that Massillon recruits and whatever else they want, but again, look at the results he has gotten.
I have no idea how long the Moore's plan on being in Massillon, but I hope it is a long time.
Again, the answer isn't to keep turning over coaches, it is put in the work, and find "the right guy" for McKinley.
Hall isn't the right guy.

I completely disagree with you on the Stow head coach that may be the most jekyl and hyde team Ive seen all year plus their is alot of talent on that team.

Again - is Hall not coaching next year? All this talk of turning over coaches, etc. Seems premature.

And once again for the dullards - given where they started, Hall, his coaches and plyers have exceeded expectations. The season is already a success. If you can't see that you are blinded by bias or stupidity or both.

D98D28AE-29AB-42B0-B125-365E834905C5.jpeg