CANTON McKINLEY BASKETBALL 2023-24

Let me make a STRONG recommendation for those of your that will be looking for a post game pizza on any of the three nights. . Order a Victorio's pizza. It is minutes from the high school. It is all take out. You will send me flowers for this recommendation. Best pizza ever.
Definitely the staple in this city. Pretty much the only one

Why didn’t the lipkins go to McKinley?
Good question. A lot of former players both football and basketball for some reason went to other schools. I'm not sure about this player but some were because they lived with their mom's who did not go to McKinley. One thing I say about Hall and now Weatherspoon they have to keep the players at McKinley and work on the ones that aren't at McKinley to come back. We'll see.

Peterson let the whole city of canton down by not going to McKinley!!!
No he didn’t. He’s making the city of Canton very proud, both on and off the court. He needs to do what is best for himself. He’s a kid and does not owe you or anybody else anything.

That is one of the most ignorant statements I have ever seen.

Peterson NEVER lived in Canton. His mom is a “West”. Through and through Glen Oak folk. The Petersons live and have always lived in Plain. Heck their house now is practically in Louisville. He only attended CCSD for 1 year (8th grade) and that was because there was little “incident” with Darryn at Oakwood. He isn’t a Canton City kid. Never was. Never was going to be.

As for Lipkins and McElroy…. Both were living outside the district their entire freshmen year yet still going to CCSD. When central office was made aware both students were told they couldn’t go to McKinley.

Lipkins and McElroy were at McKinley. They both left. Didn’t want to play for the coach then. McKinley should have go to to state several times.
Darryn Petersons parents come to the basketball games and support Reed and the basketball program.

Good question. A lot of former players both football and basketball for some reason went to other schools. I'm not sure about this player but some were because they lived with their mom's who did not go to McKinley. One thing I say about Hall and now Weatherspoon they have to keep the players at McKinley and work on the ones that aren't at McKinley to come back. We'll see.
McKinley lost kids due to pizza gate and the basketball coach. Hopefully, things will continue to stabilize.

McKinley lost kids due to pizza gate and the basketball coach. Hopefully, things will continue to stabilize.
Canton city was loaded with talent during those years especially with the 9th graders coming in about 3-4 years ago. Many scattered and other schools like Massillon and Glen Oak have really gotten an extra boost from some of our Canton City kids.

For some McKinley fans, they now have the coaches they have sought to lead the basketball and football programs. No more excuses! It's also now incumbent upon Weatherspoon, as well as Hall, to bring about improved discipline and self-control, with their respective players/rosters. Let's be clear, after viewing the debacle yesterday in college women's basketball, (LSU v. USC), which was a display of Ghetto Ball, the Canton City Schools must strive to clean up its image to the general public. It is becoming pervasive within certain demographics, as the entire public has noticed recently. The GlenOak basketball player, as an example, who during the handshake line, after Saturday's District final, shoves a Louisville player to the floor. No matter what lame excuse is given by that GlenOak kid, or the GlenOak head coach, there is no place for that nonsense to take place in sports! The same goes for Hall and a few of his knuckle-head players, following last season's Massillon game. It's ridiculous and embarrassing! Its time to take responsibility!

For some McKinley fans, they now have the coaches they have sought to lead the basketball and football programs. No more excuses! It's also now incumbent upon Weatherspoon, as well as Hall, to bring about improved discipline and self-control, with their respective players/rosters. Let's be clear, after viewing the debacle yesterday in college women's basketball, (LSU v. USC), which was a display of Ghetto Ball, the Canton City Schools must strive to clean up its image to the general public. It is becoming pervasive within certain demographics, as the entire public has noticed recently. The GlenOak basketball player, as an example, who during the handshake line, after Saturday's District final, shoves a Louisville player to the floor. No matter what lame excuse is given by that GlenOak kid, or the GlenOak head coach, there is no place for that nonsense to take place in sports! The same goes for Hall and a few of his knuckle-head players, following last season's Massillon game. It's ridiculous and embarrassing! Its time to take responsibility!
Who wanted Hall?

Who wanted Hall?
Well, it certainly wasn't me! If you would go back to threads in 2021, regarding the coaching search for the Canton McKinley football program, you will be able to read many posts highly supporting his hire. Personally, I have no issue with Hall as a fine individual, as I stated back in 2021, and also 2022. However, I also stated, as many others did back then, that Hall simply didn't have the qualifications and overall credentials to warrant his hiring as the Bulldogs' head coach. The 2023 McK team was highly talented and experienced. Nevertheless, the results were disappointing. That's all I intend to say, given that this is a basketball thread/site, not football. Peace.

Well boys I hope your still having your morning shoot arounds,work hard and we’ll see you at Summer Hoops….BAM!