CANTON McKINLEY BASKETBALL 2023-24

I watched highlights of several games on CCSTV Bulldog Basketball for the first view of the team and see that they don’t have any BIG boys.They seem to play well together and gettin better every game,a good sign of the Spoon effect…BAM!
One good thing is it looks like the freshmen team is taller then the JV's and varsity.

Maybe the McKinley posters can answer this. It seems like the junior high teams dominate, but it doesn't translate in high school. Honest question...............Transfers, other kids catchup?????

Maybe the McKinley posters can answer this. It seems like the junior high teams dominate, but it doesn't translate in high school. Honest question...............Transfers, other kids catchup?????
Great question. For past 4-5 years the then HC, Andy V., was blamed. He was the reason given by many so-called Bulldog fans for failing to win the Fed, and advance deep into the tournament. New head coach this season, with similar results. However, its early and to be fair need to await until season ends to assess the program. I have heard that a couple football players, who played on the basketball team last season were expected to come out and play on the basketball team this season but opted to not play and remain focused on football off-season. Could be contributing to unexpected losses on the court. Also, been speculations that the team lacks good team chemistry. As stated, the new HC should be given time to work out the issues. We'll see.

I have not heard anything about chemistry with this team. That was something that was always said about Vlad's teams. McKinley is just to small. You have to have a couple of tall guys to win in the upper divisions and that's something McKinley has lacked for a long time but it looks like the freshmen have at least some heights looking at the pictures. We'll see. Also I would always like to see a shot clock and see how that would affect at least a handful of fed teams in how the game is played but then again the Jackson game was high scoring and the GlenOak game not so much so I could be wrong and maybe McKinley slows the game down but I doubt it

Last edited:
I have not heard anything about chemistry with this team. That was something that was always said about Vlad's teams. McKinley is just to small. You have to have a couple of tall guys to win in the upper divisions and that's something McKinley has lacked for a long time but it looks like the freshmen have at least some heights looking at the pictures. We'll see. Also I would always like to see a shot clock and see how that would affect at least a handful of fed teams in how the game is played but then again the Jackson game was high scoring and the GlenOak game not so much so I could be wrong and maybe McKinley slows the game down but I doubt it
For those interested, McKinley boys basketball will be on Big Time Sports Ohio tonight at 7:30. Spectrum 15 and 989. Will be back on Saturday at 8:30 a.m.

For those interested, McKinley boys basketball will be on Big Time Sports Ohio tonight at 7:30. Spectrum 15 and 989. Will be back on Saturday at 8:30 a.m.
Thanks for the heads-up. Honestly, all things being considered, there really isn't much interest in McKinley basketball by the general public anymore. And it isn't just due to the won-lost record.

Thanks for the heads-up. Honestly, all things being considered, there really isn't much interest in McKinley basketball by the general public anymore. And it isn't just due to the won-lost record.
It does seem like attendance is up in football and basketball this year but it’s nowhere near what it was 15-20 years ago and probably never will.

It does seem like attendance is up in football and basketball this year but it’s nowhere near what it was 15-20 years ago and probably never will.
Football, yes!! Basketball, not much evidence of any increase in the attendance at Memorial Fieldhouse for McKinley games.

Seems like the pups are starting to round into shape. Gonna be fun to watch a really young team grow down the stretch. Anytime you score 80 on a Lake team I find it impressive, even if they’re having a down year.

Canton McKinley Bulldogs will win the Federal League Championship.
McKinley could easily lose to both Green and Jackson, both of whom remain on their schedule. I predict they win 2 of their last 3 Fed games and earn a minimum of a share of the title.

McKinley is playing some really good basketball. Where is everybody?
This might be true but they've also lost two straight. McKinley should easily be able to beat Green, Green really hasn't performed well since they lost Antonio Martin.