Canton McKinley at Mentor (Who's going to wi this one ???)

Canton McKinley at Mentor (Who's going to win this one ???)

• Canton McKinley wins by: 7 points or less

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Canton McKinley wins by: 7 points or more but less then 14 points

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Canton McKinley Senior wins by: 14 points or more

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Mentor wins by: less 7 points

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Mentor wins by: 7 points or more but less then 14 points

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Mentor wins by: 14 points or more

Votes: 46 59.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IUDOGS

It's August 08, 2022

Canton McKinley at Mentor

When: Friday August 19, 2022

Kick Off: 07:00 PM

CalPreps.com

Mentor : +14 pts

Weather for Friday August 19, 2022

High: 82

Low: 62

Mostly Sunny

Chance of Rain: 15%

Wind: SSE 7 mph

:):cool::p:banana::unsure:

This is IUDOGS signing off.

Last edited:

Mentor can name the score in this one….Staying healthy and getting ready for their first real test week three vs Iggy is the name of the game. I’ll say Mentor 42 McKinley 14.

Mentor can name the score in this one….Staying healthy and getting ready for their first real test week three vs Iggy is the name of the game. I’ll say Mentor 42 McKinley 14.
Before you kept saying repeatedly that Mentor will be 6-4 at best. Now you have them killing McKinley.

I assume you had them beating team Canada, Euclid , and st Francis (even saying this 6-4 stuff long after they backed out ). And had them losing to Ignatius who is week 2 ( good job keeping up)

So you have them going 2-3 against Riverside , Strongsville, Brunswick. Medina and Solon then ?

You make very little sense

What does Mentor have this year? Cards dad? Mentor grad?
I'll find out when I see games each year. Don't have a kid on the team and live an hour away.

Plus I don't follow middle schools from afar as that's creepy.

Love high school football and have gone to Mentor games since early 90s when I was young, but I know what we have each year once I see some games

Last edited:
I think Mentor will win this game but I don’t think at all a blowout. Canton McKinley has some dudes that I was impressed with and they will be better than last year. I’m not giving a score but I think this game is closer than some might think. Antonio is going to turn that program around and you will still see some growing pains this year but they will be improved. And Mentor is Mentor. They’re always good no matter what. Some years more talent than others but they’ll be tough.

Anyone saying that Mentor can name the score is badly mistaken. No doubt, Mentor is a solid favorite to win the season opener for these two programs. Not that Canton McKinley is the program of the 1990s. 80s, and earlier, however, the program is stabilizing, and the Bulldogs will be much improved in 2022. Not going to name a score or a margin of victory for Mentor. I have no "stakes in the game." Just saying that McKinley should be more competitive this season. Best wishes to both teams!!

Last year’s game was under some difficult circumstances for McKinley. Mentor absolutely dominated the game though. It was almost like playing a JV team. I don’t think it is going to be as one-sided as last year, but I expect Mentor to win by multiple scores. Mentor has a lot of seniors starting. The only concern I have about Mentor is play making at receiver. But the offensive coaches have always prepared this position well. They won’t be as dynamic and athletic as the 2021 receivers, but they should be steady.

I might be taking some crazy pills, but I actually have optimism about Mentor’s defense. I think they can have a strong performance in Week 1.

Last year’s game was under some difficult circumstances for McKinley. Mentor absolutely dominated the game though. It was almost like playing a JV team. I don’t think it is going to be as one-sided as last year, but I expect Mentor to win by multiple scores. Mentor has a lot of seniors starting. The only concern I have about Mentor is play making at receiver. But the offensive coaches have always prepared this position well. They won’t be as dynamic and athletic as the 2021 receivers, but they should be steady.

I might be taking some crazy pills, but I actually have optimism about Mentor’s defense. I think they can have a strong performance in Week 1.
Fair assessment. As I mentioned, Mentor will definitely win that game. McKinley should have improved enough to keep it competitive for a while.
We'll soon find out. Again, best wishes to both the Cardinals and Bulldogs in 2022!

Anyone saying that Mentor can name the score is badly mistaken. No doubt, Mentor is a solid favorite to win the season opener for these two programs. Not that Canton McKinley is the program of the 1990s. 80s, and earlier, however, the program is stabilizing, and the Bulldogs will be much improved in 2022. Not going to name a score or a margin of victory for Mentor. I have no "stakes in the game." Just saying that McKinley should be more competitive this season. Best wishes to both teams!!
He isn't a Mentor fan and often trolls them. This way he can rip them if it's close. Hes a lake catholic dude now

He isn't a Mentor fan and often trolls them. This way he can rip them if it's close. Hes a lake catholic dude now
Wow! Interesting!
Happy Cracking Up GIF by MOODMAN

It will take awhile for McK to find replacements for all Stark POY Fannin did last year on offense, defense and special teams. Mentor in week 1 with a bunch of seniors returning is a tough task. Hall won't back down or make excuses though.

It will take awhile for McK to find replacements for all Stark POY Fannin did last year on offense, defense and special teams. Mentor in week 1 with a bunch of seniors returning is a tough task. Hall won't back down or make excuses though.
That is true he was a really good player. But I think McNeal and Foster can help fill some of that void. I really like McNeal. He’s a player

As scrimmages normally go, Mentor showed nothing last week. I believe they'll show a little more against Chardon. Going further they'll show enough to beat McKinley but I think still save some surprises for Ignatius. The players have worked hard and the coaches are ousting kids where the team needs them. A little different than in Yeats past.

As scrimmages normally go, Mentor showed nothing last week. I believe they'll show a little more against Chardon. Going further they'll show enough to beat McKinley but I think still save some surprises for Ignatius. The players have worked hard and the coaches are ousting kids where the team needs them. A little different than in Yeats past.
I always have had a lot respect for Mentor’s program it would be nice to see Massillon and Mentor play again. Get a home and home. Good luck this year

L
I always have had a lot respect for Mentor’s program it would be nice to see Massillon and Mentor play again. Get a home and home. Good luck this year
While almost certainly brief, I have enjoyed having a series with McKinley. Would love to get Massillon back too. Mentor will (likely) be open Week 1 next year as I assume McKinley will not want to renew…especially if Mentor dominates the game again.

L

While almost certainly brief, I have enjoyed having a series with McKinley. Would love to get Massillon back too. Mentor will (likely) be open Week 1 next year as I assume McKinley will not want to renew…especially if Mentor dominates the game again.
McKinley already scheduled Warren Harding in week 1 next season

For Massillon to play Mentor again, it will have to be an equal amount of home games for each team. Mentor isn't going down there without a return game unlike some other teams that Massillon schedules

Before you kept saying repeatedly that Mentor will be 6-4 at best. Now you have them killing McKinley.

I assume you had them beating team Canada, Euclid , and st Francis (even saying this 6-4 stuff long after they backed out ). And had them losing to Ignatius who is week 2 ( good job keeping up)

So you have them going 2-3 against Riverside , Strongsville, Brunswick. Medina and Solon then ?

You make very little sense
After seeing them on Friday, I think 7-2 or even 8-1 is very realistic. I think Iggy will be a war and somebody in GCC could get them. This group works very hard and has some surprises at WR that have stepped up in camp. Riverside game will not be competitive although I think Gray will take the foot off the gas and keep it respectable as he will want to continue this game.

After seeing them on Friday, I think 7-2 or even 8-1 is very realistic. I think Iggy will be a war and somebody in GCC could get them. This group works very hard and has some surprises at WR that have stepped up in camp. Riverside game will not be competitive although I think Gray will take the foot off the gas and keep it respectable as he will want to continue this game.
The same guys who started that scrimmage at WR have been the projected starters all along .... Think maybe you actually saw more to change your mind

ag
The same guys who started that scrimmage at WR have been the projected starters all along .... Think maybe you actually saw more to change your mind
Agree they were projected but wow did they look good on Friday. They are not flashy but are very good route runners and seem to have good chemistry with Fox. I see no superstar in the group but a bunch of quality receivers who will get open and catch the ball. Also I think this could be one of the best Mentor defenses in 10-12 years. I’d say Iggy is a 50/50 game. They don’t play Ed’s which is good because all reports are that they are really good again.

ag

Agree they were projected but wow did they look good on Friday. They are not flashy but are very good route runners and seem to have good chemistry with Fox. I see no superstar in the group but a bunch of quality receivers who will get open and catch the ball. Also I think this could be one of the best Mentor defenses in 10-12 years. I’d say Iggy is a 50/50 game. They don’t play Ed’s which is good because all reports are that they are really good again.
Maybe next year you'll wait to actually see them play before saying 6-4 and first round knockout repeatedly... to the point of annoying everyone and getting banned for not letting conversation happen lol

Isn't Mentor vs. Iggy week 2? Also is the game at First Energy on Friday or Saturday?