Canton GlenOak (7-4) at St Edward (10-1)

sehs73

Battle of the Eagles coming to Lakewood stadium. Interested to hear some comments about this matchup. It seems GlenOak has steadily improved in the back half of the season with signature wins (in week #9) against Mckinley and last week (#11) against Lorain. Eds will likely be missing their starting QB for the second straight week due to injury.

For GlenOak fans coming up parking around the stadium can be a challenge, but eventually you'll find something on a side street for free. If you arrive before game time, there are plenty of watering holes and restaurants along Madison Ave. very close to the stadium that are a 2 minute walk away. McGinty's Irish Pub (no food but great draft selection); The Lakewood Village Tavern (good wings and burgers) Richland Cafe (a dive, but ok for Miller/Bud crowd); Western Reserve Distillers ( If you really need high-end hard liquor); Greek Village Grill (sandwich fair); Angelo's Pizza (popular pizza and Italian w/brews) and I'll throw in Euro Gyro (Mediterranean). See you at the game!
CGO.png
SEE.png

Last edited:

Battle of the Eagles coming to Lakewood stadium. Interested to hear some comments about this matchup. It seems GlenOak has steadily improved in the back half of the season with signature wins (in week #9) against Mckinley and last week (#11) against Lorain. Eds will likely be missing their starting QB for the second straight week due to injury.

For GlenOak fans coming up parking around the stadium can be a challenge, but eventually you'll find something on a side street for free. If you arrive before game time, there are plenty of watering holes and restaurants along Madison Ave. very close to the stadium that are a 2 minute walk away. McGinty's Irish Pub (no food but great draft selection); The Lakewood Village Tavern (good wings and burgers) Richland Cafe (a dive, but ok for Miller/Bud crowd); Western Reserve Distillers ( If you really need high-end hard liquor); Greek Village Grill (sandwich fair); Angelo's Pizza (popular pizza and Italian w/brews) and I'll throw in Euro Gyro (Mediterranean). See you at the game!
View attachment 49051View attachment 49052
Eds will destroy them. 45 to 0.

GlenOak will bring it!! I will tell you that!
but the truth is we just don’t have the numbers to match up with lake wood.
Good luck Eagles!!
Coach G will have them ready!!
I have not seen GlenOak play. I have seen St Eds play 3 times. Their offensive line appears to be as big as a major college line.The smallest guy is probably close to 300 pounds. Looking at the scores I just don't see this game being very competitive.

I have not seen GlenOak play. I have seen St Eds play 3 times. Their offensive line appears to be as big as a major college line.The smallest guy is probably close to 300 pounds. Looking at the scores I just don't see this game being very competitive.
I would agree!! They are big!! But what makes them that big is where they can get all their player from. And the fact they are a catholic school.. I know Garcia and his GlenOak team will be ready to battle no matter what the score is!! It’s an honor to be able to play a team like Ed’s.
Go Eagles!!!

GO has steadily improved through the season and has been a really nice story. That being said, this will be over early.

I would agree!! They are big!! But what makes them that big is where they can get all their player from. And the fact they are a catholic school.. I know Garcia and his GlenOak team will be ready to battle no matter what the score is!! It’s an honor to be able to play a team like

This is very true. Most years a private school will win a state championship over a public school because their talent pool is loaded every year because there are no boundaries on where they can go to get players.Also most high schools dress 75 to 80 players give or take. StEds dresses 141 players. That incredible depth compensates for injuries.

3 Offensive Lineman for St Ed going to OSU/TUN - they must be descent, right? - lol

GlenOak has some flyers no question - has chance to be the talk of Ohio Football if can pull off Massive Upset

St Ed team is Outstanding! - did somebody say 140 kids on team - wow!

Go Stark County!

3 Offensive Lineman for St Ed going to OSU/TUN - they must be descent, right? - lol

GlenOak has some flyers no question - has chance to be the talk of Ohio Football if can pull off Massive Upset

St Ed team is Outstanding! - did somebody say 140 kids on team - wow!

Go Stark County!
141 kids dressed is not accurate.

I'll take the Cuyahoga County Eagles over the Stark County Eagles 35-6. Ed's is clearly going to win and win comfortably (99% certainty), but it won't be an embarrassment.

Good luck to GlenOak. You've come a long way, your third straight year of improvement. A powerful, weightroom-built line, three playmakers in #2 Adrion Burt, #3 Jamar Johnson and #6 Avontae Burt. An excellent coaching staff. Stay the course. This will be a good test. You're playing with house money. No regrets.

Interviews this week on ESPN 990, and streaming on espn990.com:

Wednesday
12:55 Tom Lombardo, St. Edward

Thursday
12:45 Scott Garcia, GlenOak

Good luck to GlenOak. You've come a long way, your third straight year of improvement. A powerful, weightroom-built line, three playmakers in #2 Adrion Burt, #3 Jamar Johnson and #6 Avontae Burt. An excellent coaching staff. Stay the course. This will be a good test. You're playing with house money. No regrets.

Interviews this week on ESPN 990, and streaming on espn990.com:

Wednesday
12:55 Tom Lombardo, St. Edward

Thursday
12:45 Scott Garcia, GlenOak
Pulling for Glen Oak, Scott Garcia has done a great job with this team. I just think the Ed Eagles are too muck. Ed Eagles by 21.Go Glen Oak from Tigertown.

Another test for the Eagles and a running QB. GlenOak has 2 QB's one a passer the other a runner. Will be a good test for the defense to handle the schemes.

I said this in the Fed thread... play all four downs, Golden Eagles. Any attempt to play a traditional game is very likely to fail. The reward is far higher than the risk, and St. Ed's is going to just do the same because they know you're outmatched.

Personal fouls by GO in every series, multiple ejections throughout the night, I’ve never seen so many personal fouls in a single game. Same bad apples every game, zero repercussions
St Eds is a super team which we all know. Officiating didn't cost anyone the game but it was the most inept one-sided display I have ever witnessed.They got mad at Garcia and wanted to show him who the boss was, several times they would throw two personal fouls while waiting for us to break the huddle. Where were all these multiple ejections throughout the night? There may have been one but it was not announced. I am not condoning extra curricular activities but there were some of your choirboys involved also.I wish your excellent team good luck but please don't paint our kids as a bunch of thugs.

I won't comment on the personnel fouls that seemed to plague both teams. They were called and were legitimate.

My concern is about the St Ed passing game. You can't miss Kyan Mason running free again, and again, and again. Yes, I know the conditions were windy, but given that he was wide open you need to get him the ball.
Very frustrating.

Ed's bludgeons opponents right now, but there will come a time where they need to throw. Will they be able to do it?

St Eds is a super team which we all know. Officiating didn't cost anyone the game but it was the most inept one-sided display I have ever witnessed.They got mad at Garcia and wanted to show him who the boss was, several times they would throw two personal fouls while waiting for us to break the huddle. Where were all these multiple ejections throughout the night? There may have been one but it was not announced. I am not condoning extra curricular activities but there were some of your choirboys involved also.I wish your excellent team good luck but please don't paint our kids as a bunch of thugs.
According to eaglefootballfan’s profile, he is a Glenoak fan and made those comments about your very own team. So, maybe the “choir boys” as you refer to the eagles of St. Edward, aren’t the bad boys as you depicted? 🤔