Canceled XC meets

A few more popped up on baumspage this morning:
Ashtabula Lakeside War on the Shore which was to be today (I really want to attend this meet someday. Having the waters of Lake Erie lapping at the runner's feet while racing sounds awesome!)
Tontogany Otsego Invitational on 9/5
Oregon Cardinal Stritch Invitational on 9/26

Strongsville's invitational on 9/26 is being altered. There will be 2 session of 8 teams apiece, and entry is limited to teams who already have contracts and are from either Cuyahoga or an adjoining county.

Mr. Slippery you should attend their spring track meet. There is nothing like that wind whipping right thru you in April. But it is a well run meet. And their AD and Coaching staff are top notch.

Mr. Slippery you should attend their spring track meet. There is nothing like that wind whipping right thru you in April. But it is a well run meet. And their AD and Coaching staff are top notch.
No thanks, haha. Nice venue. Been there twice for football games. Good programs generally put on good meets, but I prefer to stay closer to home that early in the track season. Hanging out in bad weather is easier on the psyche when home is only 15 min. away instead of an hour or more. Went to East Palestine once to open the season and had that bad weather experience. It was a long ride home after being out in that kind of weather for hours. Opened the season a few years later at Tuslaw. Low 40s and rain the entire meet. Worst meet conditions I've experienced from start to finish. Officials didn't care. They were letting kids compete w/ hoodies and jackets on. Thankfully, it was only 5 miles from home.