Brush hires Ricky Powers

topperbounce

Defend the Hill
I agree with him that Brush is a hidden gem of football talent. With the right coach, this could be a program making noise sooner than later.

They have had some great athletes go through there but have had very few winning seasons….will be interesting to see if Ricky can surround himself with some good football people and have some sustained success. Not sure if he will have as much raw talent as he had at Buchtel. They got out of the conference they were in with Chardon and Kenston….they were taking a lot of beatings and I think they now are playing a pretty favorable schedule…..good to see him back.

Agree Baller but Suburban would probably not let them in ….for the same reasons that they turned Bedford away…There are a few AD s That will not venture north into Cuyahoga county.From a football standpoint they would not be very competitive At this point… Now basketball a whole different story… Man are they special.

A lot of pluses for this program, notable a nice mix of players and affordable rentals in the district if some key players want to move into the district to increase exposure. There is also a very porous border with Cleveland Hts. over along Warrensville Center Rd and with Cleveland north of Monticello.

A lot of pluses for this program, notable a nice mix of players and affordable rentals in the district if some key players want to move into the district to increase exposure. There is also a very porous border with Cleveland Hts. over along Warrensville Center Rd and with Cleveland north of Monticello.
Agree Auggie a good coach can win big right away…cannot really do any worse there have been traditionally pretty bad. Also think Ricky is more of a recruiter/motivator than an X/O coach.

That’s funny but true xhscoach…In Ricky s early years at Buchtel brought in some great players from the city and had a lot of success And beat up on everybody in city series which has been bad for along time…did not have great success outside Akron Although he did schedule some good competition.I suspect he will be able to do the same at brush.His strength is his ability to connect with players and he will beat the teams he should and with their schedule I see him being very successful….hope so he really needed a change…could not find a better person to lead a program.

Ricky will have his white towel around the neck, dabbing the sweat off his brow and chewing on it like Tarkanian from UNLV. Unfortunately, Powers is not much of a coach, IMO. HE had a few nice teams at Buchtel, but their oiffenses always were terrible.