Boardman Head Coaching Job

Would be pretty neat to see Yeagley from S Range take a crack at Boardman. He is retired from teaching so a job not an issue. Probably never happen but I’d love to see it.

Would be pretty neat to see Yeagley from S Range take a crack at Boardman. He is retired from teaching so a job not an issue. Probably never happen but I’d love to see it.
Never happen. South Range will be the favorite in the NE-8 again this year. Kirtland loses some people this year as well. This may be the year SR busts through to the final.

So they should go after a coach who wasn’t renewed at a school that wouldn’t even provide a serviceable scout team to them?
I think it depends on what they want. Do they want a young up and coming coach who took over a toxic situation and got some good experience under their belt or are they looking for the retread type. I would guess there is no chance they would consider that route, but I will say this. Just head over to any Western Reserve thread the last two years and look at what that guy walked into. There is nothing Boardman could throw at him that would compare to the crap he had to deal with. The community was fully behind him and he was building it from the Youth up. I think Boardman can do much worse. He did coach big games against Steubenville and West Branch when he was at Salem. I also don’t think pulling from the Ron Johnson tree would be the worst idea. That guy has won everywhere he has ever been.

Why not Ron Johnson himself?

He did well at McKinley, think he had a winning record against Massillon. Got run out by the Barber shop gang, which would not be one bit of a problem at Boardman lol.

Not sure if all his kids are done at Salem but I wonder if he'd be itching to go back to bigger school football again.

He did well at McKinley, think he had a winning record against Massillon. Got run out by the Barber shop gang, which would not be one bit of a problem at Boardman lol.

Not sure if all his kids are done at Salem but I wonder if he'd be itching to go back to bigger school football again.
I believe his son will be a senior next season, saw him play against Reserve last year. He’s legit

His son is a legit qb could bring him over too lol

On the surface this looks like a great job with great facilities and lots of potential talent in the building but those who know the situation at Boardman would tell you that the HFC often feels like the administration is either blatantly refusing the help them or actively working against them. Coaching is tough enough without having to overcome interference created by the people that hired you. Ask coach Lude what that feels like. I am sure he can tell you.

Let's not let the WR Drama take over another thread lol. I doubt they would ever consider Lude with the other candidates who will most definitely apply, but again, as someone who watched from afar, I don't think it is a bad idea. He was invested in the Youth Program, Jr. High Program, and obviously the High School. As a youth parent and coach there, Coach Lude and his staff held clinics for us, had their kids help coach, and kept his word of trying to make it a K-12th program. I'm not sure Boardman is the spot for him, but I hope he gets a shot to see the type of program he was trying to build through.
If I can’t complain about WR Drama on every thread available, then what’s the point of Yappi lol. Yeah there is no they consider Lude although I agree, if they gave him time, it could work. I think Armeni or Brungard makes the most sense. Look for Lude to head back to Salem and see if Ron leaves with his son after this season or Leetonia would be a good fit too.

Good Luck to the Boardman community in your search for a head football coach. Maybe in the future the Tigers and Spartans can get together for a regular season game?

Good Luck to the Boardman community in your search for a head football coach. Maybe in the future the Tigers and Spartans can get together for a regular season game?

Thanks, would love to see it.

Sometimes I wonder what happens if Boardman hangs on in that 2017 playoff game...

Ignazio is still probably the coach. Would Moore have been fired? That was a pretty shorthanded team we had by that point in the season due to injuries and some unfortunate discipline issues but that was easily our best team in the last 10... And then that comeback basically started that Massillon sophomore class on a nice run...

Look for Kuntz to be in on this one. Going to be making his way back to town since he’s now unemployed
I would say that’s highly doubtful still. Considering he did pretty well in the NFL I’m sure he will have another landing spot. Maybe in New England since he knows the McDaniels family so well.

And besides that, the environment at Boardman is absolutely not suited for Coach Kuntz. he would hate it.

Look for Kuntz to be in on this one. Going to be making his way back to town since he’s now unemployed
If you knew Kuntz personally you would know there’s no shot he would entertain Boardman, only because of the administrations, he’s not the type that will “do whatever they say”

I will double down on the 99 team being the best team in school history. Pro style offense, balanced attack. Evan Beard who I'm not sure Boardman has ever had a player be so dominant in a playoff stretch...Shame they blew the Pickerington game. And they played half the season with their backup QB.

Why not? Both schools would benefit. Already play Harding, Fitch and adding Boardman would give Tigers 5 games (McKinley &GO) every year to build their schedule. Could also see Louisville and Massillon joining the AAC in all sports except football being a good fit.