Bloomberg wants to make coal miners unemployed

Coal Minors do not need Bloomberg end their vocation. It is dying every year and it has zero to do with Democrats. Coal is dirty, dangerous , expensive, and inefficient as compared to alternatives such as natural gas. The demand is plummeting as the industry is closing coal fired plants or transitioning them to other sources. It is best to get proactive and help these people and not continue to lie to them about their future.

Coal Minors do not need Bloomberg end their vocation. It is dying every year and it has zero to do with Democrats. Coal is dirty, dangerous , expensive, and inefficient as compared to alternatives such as natural gas. The demand is plummeting as the industry is closing coal fired plants or transitioning them to other sources. It is best to get proactive and help these people and not continue to lie to them about their future.
While coal production is decreasing as demand decreases, there is no reason to expedite the process via legislation that will also drive up cost of living for the rest of America.

While coal production is decreasing as demand decreases, there is no reason to expedite the process via legislation that will also drive up cost of living for the rest of America.
Having massive regions of rural and small town populations on social programs will also drive up crime and cost of living. Not having transition plans implemented before they were past necessary has caused more problems. Whether Bloomberg actually has a functional plan or not or is even honest in his motivations, the idea is right.

Having massive regions of rural and small town populations on social programs will also drive up crime and cost of living. Not having transition plans implemented before they were past necessary has caused more problems. Whether Bloomberg actually has a functional plan or not or is even honest in his motivations, the idea is right.
Do you think killing off all the jobs in those rural and small towns will make their lives better? Of course not.

America is going Green (that's a good thing) at other pace the market sets. There's no need to force coal production out prematurely.

If Bloomberg or any politician, had any real guts they would address CO2 emissions on a global scale. But fact remains that in developing countries coal is cheap and necessary for their development just as it was for us. It will eventually phase itself out globally but until then the is no reason for people to be forced into poverty or more accurately be denied upward mobility just appease Environmental elites in this country.

So we sit on our hands and do nothing? Let this bleed continue until these people have nothing? They have been lied to for years by big business and the politicians that they pay off. It is nothing more than an attempt to extract the last dollars of a near dead industry off their sweat and broken backs. I’m for any ideas that deal with the issue now.

Do you think killing off all the jobs in those rural and small towns will make their lives better? Of course not.

America is going Green (that's a good thing) at other pace the market sets. There's no need to force coal production out prematurely.

If Bloomberg or any politician, had any real guts they would address CO2 emissions on a global scale. But fact remains that in developing countries coal is cheap and necessary for their development just as it was for us. It will eventually phase itself out globally but until then the is no reason for people to be forced into poverty or more accurately be denied upward mobility just appease Environmental elites in this country.
The jobs are being killed off every year and it will continue until they are all gone. There is no upward mobility. I don’t think effectively shutting down the industry overnight is the right thing to do but a 10 year plan to transition both the industry and its workers is long overdue.

Coal miners are a pretty small population of workers who have been very poorly treated by both the industry and the politicians running theirs states. Wait until autonomous vehicles take over trucking, deliver and transit.

Coal miners are a pretty small population of workers who have been very poorly treated by both the industry and the politicians running theirs states. Wait until autonomous vehicles take over trucking, deliver and transit.

View attachment 5284
Autonomous vehicles have 100 times the impact on the economy and underlying job market. Prepare for another entire round of lies and deceit. The sad thing is that innovation has eliminated and created industry since the beginning of time and we seem to have learned absolutely nothing about how to transition.

Not sure why the federal government needs to act. As new technologies make sense we move to them. No government interference needed.

Not sure why the federal government needs to act. As new technologies make sense we move to them. No government interference needed.
I actually tend to agree. If people don't care or recognize that what they do for a living is obsolete, it is their problem. On the other hand, politicians lying to them about their future is flat wrong. Also, the government taking action in the best interest of the country to accelerate adoption of new technology is often beneficial for the competitiveness and economic well being of the country.

The jobs are being killed off every year and it will continue until they are all gone. There is no upward mobility. I don’t think effectively shutting down the industry overnight is the right thing to do but a 10 year plan to transition both the industry and its workers is long overdue.
The Government doesn't need to be involved.
The market will continue to determine the pace of transition.

Cheap, plentiful energy is the easiest way to improve the lives of Americans and the developing nations of the world.

Very bad look for you here promoting fossil fuels like Natural Gas. It is not sustainable unlike solar. Sad some people just don’t care about climate change
Never said it was sustainable but it is the single biggest reason coal is dead at this point in time.

Uh, DerpV1........ Bloomers wants to block new NG as well. FOCUS on the ENTIRE issue of the OP's link before you act as if he is reasonable.

Even if you believe he wants to only "un-employ" those under 18....

y5UHrTz.gif

The worst thing to me in this is that Bloomers is returning to the evil Dem apparatchik MO of not enacting legislation that would out the Democrap Representatives as the kind of legislators we should most abhor, rendering them unable to be re-elected. He wants to weaponize the EPA and lord DC over all of us.

Last edited:

Now, if the imports we buy from these developing nations are manufactured with "dirty" power, I think we should assess a fee on that, a significant portion of which should be applied to paying for clean power in that same electrical grid. Don't just permit them to pollute the same atmosphere we share while they produce our goods.

THAT is actually being environmentally responsible. The same for transporting those goods to our local distribution centers.

So we sit on our hands and do nothing? Let this bleed continue until these people have nothing? They have been lied to for years by big business and the politicians that they pay off. It is nothing more than an attempt to extract the last dollars of a near dead industry off their sweat and broken backs. I’m for any ideas that deal with the issue now.

What does he propose that would assist these people, young and old, as they transition out of coal under duress ?

I wonder if Mr Bloomberg is invested in any of those turbines downstream from Niagra Falls ? You know, the reason Canucks call the electric bill "the hydro bill"? To keep political power, will he side with the Dem environmentalists that abhor the damming of waterways ?

Last edited:
Now, if the imports we buy from these developing nations are manufactured with "dirty" power, I think we should assess a fee on that, a significant portion of which should be applied to paying for clean power in that same electrical grid. Don't just permit them to pollute the same atmosphere we share while they produce our goods.

THAT is actually being environmentally responsible. The same for transporting those goods to our local distribution centers.
This is what I mean when I said addressing the global issue.

Don't forget about the dirty super polluting cargo ships all the imports from china come over on.

Buying goods made in china causes climate change.

We must enact a complete trade embargo on the chinese to save the planet

This is from Bloomers' Twitter, copy and paste -

"We’ll also replace existing gas plants – and stop the construction of new ones. This is critical to stopping the worst effects of climate change because gas is now a bigger source of climate pollution than coal, and emissions from gas are growing."

So, screw all the fracking jobs, screw anyone producing anything in America with electrical power, because we are going to drive the prices of their production through the roof. We are going to ignore the effects of every environmentally filthy manufacturing operation in every other country and the transportation paradigms from them to us in our marketplace. Insanity.

This man is a globalist that wants to put America on his dole and under his thumb. Been there, seen that, moving on. MAGA's G isn't for "Green". Bloomers is Green New Deal, but I doubt you'll hear him say the words.

Last edited:
Don't forget about the dirty super polluting cargo ships all the imports from china come over on.

Buying goods made in china causes climate change.

We must enact a complete trade embargo on the chinese to save the planet

I didn't. I noted "all the way to our distribution centers".

It's lunacy to follow these people. Lunacy.

Level the playing field, first. Then talk further about free trade.

This is from Bloomers' Twitter, copy and paste -

"We’ll also replace existing gas plants – and stop the construction of new ones. This is critical to stopping the worst effects of climate change because gas is now a bigger source of climate pollution than coal, and emissions from gas are growing."

So, screw all the fracking jobs, screw anyone producing anything in America with electrical power, because we are going to drive the prices of their production through the roof. We are going to ignore the effects of every environmentally filthy manufacturing operation in every other country and the transportation paradigms from them to us in our marketplace. Insanity.

This man is a globalist that wants to put America on his dole and under his thumb. Been there, seen that, moving on. MAGA's G isn't for "Green". Bloomers is Green New Deal, but I doubt you'll hear him say the words.

They are completely out of their minds; they are also Marxists.

"killing jobs."

I don't know what part of a conservative movement you're raised but government "make-work" isn't supposed to be part of any I know of. Caveat, we all know pork exists.

You do seem to contradict that thought in your second paragraph but if it is deemed no longer worth the dangers and risks, that's certainly how OUR "market" works. It's not a free market in the sense that anything goes as long as someone is willing to produce and purchase. Or to use your terminology, a controlled death is going to do less harm to those rural and small towns than a sudden one with no economic back-up in place.

"killing jobs."

I don't know what part of a conservative movement you're raised but government "make-work" isn't supposed to be part of any I know of. Caveat, we all know pork exists.

You do seem to contradict that thought in your second paragraph but if it is deemed no longer worth the dangers and risks, that's certainly how OUR "market" works. It's not a free market in the sense that anything goes as long as someone is willing to produce and purchase. Or to use your terminology, a controlled death is going to do less harm to those rural and small towns than a sudden one with no economic back-up in place.
My point was that coal still has a place albeit an ever shrinking one, in our economy. Government need not force it to shrink faster. The market will do that in time.

As green energy grows, coal shrinks.

I guess I fail to see how destroying an entire industry (even one in it's death thralls) is beneficial to the people in that industry.

My point was that coal still has a place albeit an ever shrinking one, in our economy. Government need not force it to shrink faster. The market will do that in time.

I guess I fail to see how destroying an entire industry (even one in it's death thralls) is beneficial to the people in that industry.

It’s funny how so many people assume people in the coal industry (or any other industry) are unaware of the economic constraints their business faces. Often times, these are much more intelligent people than their given credit for... make green energy a viable economic alternative in that area and they’ll support it. Otherwise it’s just wealth redistribution to NY and CA (what Bloomberg wants)

I don't think making another replacement industry grow is the same as "destroying." It's winning. If those whose livelihood is going to be on the losing end are considered and brought into the new industry, something RARELY done in this lowest cost age, to me that is a good thing. But it does take planning, investment that isn't what some refer to as "free" market.

If it's private industry making it happen, it's "free" market. If government involvement is looking after those most affected by a loss of "free" market economy but a gain of social revenue, it's not a hard pill to swallow. It's lead-loss. Perfectly sensible (and unusual fore-thought).

"killing jobs."
……...

"Killing jobs" is an apt description, if the government shuts down an industry with no plan for allowing the creation of replacement positions it has indeed "killed" those jobs. The government isn't creating "make work" in coal mines, those people are employed by private companies. Pork in this case is when the government provides subsidies for companies and industries that aren't capable and likely will not be capable of standing on their own after the subsidies and credits expire. For example propping up solar panel manufacturers when the Chinese can undercut prices by 30-50% without really trying - there's a reason no one manufactures small electronics in the US anymore.

Also, the replacement jobs and industries need to be in proximity to the jobs and industries they kill. As an industry naturally dies, new workers don't move in or they move away to seek their fortune somewhere else. Like Detroit. Things die naturally.