Bloom-Carroll job is open

The return of Mauro?
Nah. He burnt that bridge to a golden crisp.

He had a lot of success the last two years. The lower levels were thriving and there was a good base here, which is why I was shocked that he would leave. The kids are upset, and I don’t blame them. He built a bond with the players and a lot of people and they feel betrayed.”

The AD who said the above, about Mauro, is still at BC.

Was told at a work stop this morning close to the area there was disagreement between the coach an administrator and that is why he is resigning.

Was told at a work stop this morning close to the area there was disagreement between the coach an administrator and that is why he is resigning.
I believe you're mistaken.

Chad Little is a really skilled, gifted Athletic Director that has taken BC very far this past decade. He understands the in's-and-out's of high school athletics, he knows football and the sensitivities that come with the coaching carousel (remember that BC had 6 coaches in 9 years before Wade got there.) The upper administration and the community will always have Chad's back. They trust him. Chad and Wade had a generally strong relationship. When Wade was hired, BC (and Chad) put a ton of trust in W.B. (who was at his previous job, Gallia Academy, for one year) despite the fact they were snake-bitten with turnover at the helm thanks to guys like Phil Mauro who lied to their faces about being "all in." Wade was there for 8 years, and that job was his for as long as he wanted.

The reality is that Wade was always transparent about his ambitions. Chad will tell you that, like he told the Eagle-Gazette yesterday. There are bigger opportunities that exist closer to Columbus that come with increased pay, yes, but more important to Wade is the fact of the matter of being a great young coach: there are more exciting opportunities that he would be foolish to not want to take on if offered to him.

Fairfield County has been through this before. Jack Hatem, Mark Crabtree are two coaches that immediately come to mind. There will always be limitations on what the Fairfield County schools can offer, long-term, to a budding young coach that has a solid reputation in the coaching and administrative circles.

What's the time frame for this job? When will interviews start and when would like they like to have a new head coach in place?

Did he show you his BC tattoo while he was up there?

Haha, he wore shorts the first couple weeks of the season and you could see it on his leg.

Pretty uninspiring as a coach though, and I'm pretty sure it's been like 10 years since he's had a winning record anywhere.

Still do not understand the thought of resigning from a job before you have another job?? Could be real awkward if he doesn't find a job come spring and is still teaching there.

I believe they stay inside with the recent success had, especially since the defensive coordinator is already in the building.

Still do not understand the thought of resigning from a job before you have another job?? Could be real awkward if he doesn't find a job come spring and is still teaching there.

I believe they stay inside with the recent success had, especially since the defensive coordinator is already in the building.
Any word on replacing Benedictine in week 4? Another thread is stating that info