Movies "Black Widow"

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Curious what others thought of this movie? I'm not a big fan of comic book movies but watch it with others that enjoy it.

Got repetitious for me, Halfwa through, I started blinking out to the end. This is usually the case, movies with acrobatic mano-o-mano fighting. It was cool the first time. The time-frame for the movie continued to be jarring. Might go over better watched in sequence.

Johnson really good, did serious and comedy well. Pugh, eh, , after the four leads, Mason (O-T Fagbenie) was worth the screen time. After him though, peripheral characters a bit of a snore. William Hurt is a bathroom moment whenever he shows up in a movie. Storyline is ok, dialogue ok. BUT, it had a great opening so lots think it's the greatest thing ever.

Very action heavy.

I think those who call it a female Bourne movie mostly hit the nail on the head.

The cast has great chemistry.

5.75/8

Saw it in the theater on Sunday. 6.5/8 for me. I'm a pretty big Marvel junkie, so I probably rate it higher than the average person by default. Florence Pugh kinda stole the show.

This could be the last old school MCU film. With the next couple films teeing up the cosmic multi universe aspect then Spiderman taking it to the next level with all past actors of Spidey showing up for cameos, heck there may even be a Roger Rabbit like cartoon version swinging next to Tom Holland this December. This is probably how they are going to work around the Black Panther conundrum too. Getting too out there for me.

They’re actually pulling from their own material 20yrs older than Crisis.
I bet that gets the fan boy discussions going. Flash of Two Worlds was in 62 (what is considered the beginning of Crisis), Crisis on Earth One in 63. Superboy (Legion of Superheroes) introduced the 31st century in 58 and Time Trapper and End of Time in 64, Controllers in 67. I don't know much Marvel history, I googled. Kang showed up in 64 and the Marvel Multiverse in 77.

Last edited:
I bet that gets the fan boy discussions going. Flash of Two Worlds was in 62 (what is considered the beginning of Crisis), Crisis on Earth One in 63. Superboy (Legion of Superheroes) introduced the 31st century in 58 and Time Trapper and End of Time in 64, Controllers in 67. I don't know much Marvel history, I googled. Kang showed up in 64 and the Marvel Multiverse in 77.
Possibly. I had to use Google myself. It said Crisis was 1985

Possibly. I had to use Google myself. It said Crisis was 1985
That was Crisis on Infinite Earths. My google said Marvel never had anything exactly the same. The one they are doing now seems similar to me to the one DC did in cross-over on tv a couple years ago. That one better than I thought it would be and they did a good job getting actors that had played different versions of characters, which added to the fun. I expect Marvel to do similar. Wonder if they can get Ed Norton? lol

Saw this in the theater and gave it a 6/8. I thought it was really good, but I'm also a Marvel junkie who's been known to like these movies more than others.

I watched it Saturday night. When it started out with known international spies escaping from Ohio to Cuba in a shot up Cessna I pretty quickly lost interest. I'm not much of a super-hero/Marvel...fan so that undoubtedly played into my perception of the movie. I took one for the sake of the family.

I watched it Saturday night. When it started out with known international spies escaping from Ohio to Cuba in a shot up Cessna I pretty quickly lost interest. I'm not much of a super-hero/Marvel...fan so that undoubtedly played into my perception of the movie. I took one for the sake of the family.
So there is someone else like me out there. I watch these movies with family but don't get into them. I know that it is a comic book but it is too far out there for me now. I had to keep asking if any of these characters had superpowers. Seemed like a million things that would kill most people left them with minor scratches.