Biden says DON'T..... and IRAN does.... NOW WHAT?

bigkat

so Iran now has strengthen themselves with money by what Biden has done( also Obammma)

what should Biden do now? maybe he should have said PLEASE don't!!!

Had Trump not nuked the Iran nuclear deal we probably are not here right now. Iran also likely would not be supplying aid to Russia as it is now.

Trump did some good things in foreign policy but his Iran policy was a disaster that made things worse down the road. That happens though when you surround yourself with Iran hawks who’ve been itching for war for decades.

so Iran now has strengthen themselves with money by what Biden has done( also Obammma)

what should Biden do now? maybe he should have said PLEASE don't!!!
Remember when the left was crying about Trump drawing lines on a map yet their champions Obama and Biden drew fake red lines with actual consequences.

There's nothing like a feeble, senile old man giving out stern, one-word warnings. He really set the Iranians back on their heels on that one.

How lucky are we to have an experienced, steady hand managing foreign policy?
Remember when the left told us Trump would start WW3? We are a heck of a lot closer now then we were then. (And no drama queen leftists, that doesn't mean I believe WW3 is imminent. )

Had Trump not nuked the Iran nuclear deal we probably are not here right now. Iran also likely would not be supplying aid to Russia as it is now.

Trump did some good things in foreign policy but his Iran policy was a disaster that made things worse down the road. That happens though when you surround yourself with Iran hawks who’ve been itching for war for decades.
Oh my, oh my. Uh, no.

By what logic is it a good idea to try to buy off a regime that believes we are the Great Satan? Lol.

Projecting weakness only invites aggression - every time.

That was a terrible deal that did little to deter Iran's ambition.

If Obama and Biden hadn't been sending pallets of cash, unfreezing bank accounts and relaxing sanctions on Iran we'd be in a better place.

Oh my, oh my. Uh, no.

By what logic is it a good idea to try to buy off a regime that believes we are the Great Satan? Lol.

Projecting weakness only invites aggression - every time.

Because hard line deterrence unquestionably failed with Iran. To suggest that somehow after several decades of trying and failing to sanction them out it was suddenly going to produce results is my oh my so nieve.

The deal while atrocious in its construction was by Trumps own admission working. Irans nuclear program was set back years and the region was more stable.

Instead Trump nuked it promising a replacement he did not deliver. His idiotic decision got the more moderate Iranian government removed from power. It was replaced by a return to the hardline governments of Irans past which restarted their nuclear program and upped terrorism funding.

It really is hard to sum up just how stupid Trumps choice was. I’m sure however you and the rest of the boys around here won’t see that.

1713102869907.png

Because hard line deterrence unquestionably failed with Iran. To suggest that somehow after several decades of trying and failing to sanction them out it was suddenly going to produce results is my oh my so nieve.

The deal while atrocious in its construction was by Trumps own admission working. Irans nuclear program was set back years and the region was more stable.

Instead Trump nuked it promising a replacement he did not deliver. His idiotic decision got the more moderate Iranian government removed from power. It was replaced by a return to the hardline governments of Irans past which restarted their nuclear program and upped terrorism funding.

It really is hard to sum up just how stupid Trumps choice was. I’m sure however you and the rest of the boys around here won’t see that.
Well, we see this entirely different and have different presuppositions. I believe you have to start with an accurate understanding of what incentivizes a malicious person or group to behave the way you want them to and what disincentivizes them to not behave in ways you don't want them to.

I would contend that you can't buy off or make deals with liars and people committed to your destruction. So, what you have to do is keep them as poor as possible, as isolated as possible, and you promise them a disproportionate response if they misbehave.

I think Trump handled them correctly. You are not going to change their minds, bring them into the civilized nations, or tame them - so you stack up the disincentives. They are not a suicidal regime, so that's their weakness. Make them think they could be destroyed if they act up. What you don't do is hand them large suitcases of cash, hope that buys you some goodwill, and trust their word that they won't seek to become a nuclear power. Speaking of idiotic? That's it right there.

And that's why Biden's"Don't" is a pathetic joke.

Iran has never directly attacked Israel before. I would ask you, what do you think might have convinced them that they could exhibit unprecedented aggression and get away with at this moment? Go down that path and you will be doing well.

Last edited:

Amazing! Tell me about the Abraham Accords.

Sorry, nice try, but Obama being a puzsy and Biden reversing Trump is where the mistakes are to be found. Are you Antonio Esfandiari ?

Occam and I are going with the whole "releasing billions of dollars in oil bribes, because the idiot Biden state department and the Baccala-in-Chief had sat idly by and watched Russia mass an invasion force on Ukraine's border." thing, over here.

Last edited:
Well, we see this entirely different and have different presuppositions. I believe you have to start with an accurate understanding of what incentivizes a malicious person or group to behave the way you want them to and what disincentivizes them to not behave in ways you don't want them to.

I would contend that you can't buy off or make deals with liars and people committed to your destruction. So, what you have to do is keep them as poor as possible, as isolated as possible, and you promise them a disproportionate response if they misbehave.

I think Trump handled them correctly. You are not going to change their minds, bring them into the civilized nations, or tame them - so you stack up the disincentives. They are not a suicidal regime, so that's their weakness. Make them think they could be destroyed if they act up. What you don't do is hand them large suitcases of cash, hope that buys you some goodwill, and trust their word that they won't seek to become a nuclear power. Speaking of idiotic? That's it right there.

And that's why Biden's"Don't" is a pathetic joke.

Iran has never directly attacked Israel before. I would ask you, what do you think might have convinced them that they could exhibit unprecedented aggression and get away with at this moment? Go down that path and you will be doing well.
yup

If you've ever heard or read the Gog and Magog stuff, any alliance between Russia and Iran v. Israel is a bit disturbing.....

Amazing! Tell me about the Abraham Accords.
Now, there is a case that shows that you can bring together willing nations for peace and economic advantages.

Sometimes I think the appeaser crowd doesn't understand the difference between Saudi A and Iran. Do they know those regimes despise one another? There was a reason Iran and states like it were not part of the AA.

When my wife and I were still in school, we took jobs as apartment managers. Our administrative style was, "We'll be nice to you and you will be nice to us." What that yielded was people lying to our face and taking advantage of our kindness - and a lot of chaos. We quickly switched to: "You will be given the trust you earn and you will either genuinely respect us or you will genuinely fear us." It was almost miraculous how quickly the chaos became order.

If you don't understand human nature and what motivational buttons to push in human beings to get them to behave in certain ways, you get ... Biden's foreign policy and all the aggression of bad actors it creates.

I have an idea the next time Iran gives a 72 hour warning that they will attack. One hour after they warned I would turn the a large portion of Iran into a dust bowl parking lot. The part that is already not. After the fact I would send them a message that I believe them and then ask them of they would like to take the warning back.

You mean the deal in which Iran forbade surprise visits/inspections, and had no teeth in it?

That one?