Better Call Saul Final Season

Talk about a coincident, I Just watched a movie called "Nobody" starring Saul as as a suburban accountant with a blonde wife and a boy and a girl. Turns out in his prior life he was an "auditor" for the CIA, meaning he cleaned up any loose ends after an operation has failed. On a bus ride home he takes on five punks who were harassing the other passengers. The one punk he kills is the brother of the local Russian mafia boss. Mayhem soon ensues. I lost track of the body count. It's definitely a hoot not to be missed.
I made it only a half hour in.

NY Times quick take on the series:

It was occasionally a great show that was more often a pretty good show and too often a dull show. It got bogged down in story lines — everything involving Chuck, most notably — that were happily forgotten. It had trouble modulating its tone. There were goofy elements to the scheme to frame Howard, for instance, which felt out of place even before the guy was murdered. There were a few too many elaborate cons. And the writers seemed to relish their willingness to let Jimmy McGill’s biography unfold at its own sometimes glacial pace, ignoring the pace viewers might have preferred.

The show was always an odd contraption. It had spare parts bolted on from “Breaking Bad,” and it told the story of cartel life before Walter White in segments that were often the most gripping in an episode. (Big round of applause for Hector, Gus, Nacho and Lalo.) It created two completely different planets and allowed them to cross orbits very rarely, albeit to thrilling effect. (Consider the restaurant meeting between Mike and Kim.) The writers gave themselves a nearly impossible task: to tell a story about love and ethics that kept being interrupted by a bunch of cunning and heavily armed sociopaths.

In the end, what shines brightest is the psychological richness of the show’s characters. One could argue over their motivations as if they were real people; their actions were often ambiguous enough for viewers to debate.

There is an Easter egg in the final episode that I missed, in this episode, Jimmy/Saul flies on Wayfarer, the same airline that suffers a mid-air collision in “Breaking Bad.”

Wow, that's the prototype snooty NY Times east review if I've ever read one.

If you don't get the importance of the Chuck storyline to the background of Jimmy's makeup and character, you just don't get the show.

Wow, that's the prototype snooty NY Times east review if I've ever read one.

If you don't get the importance of the Chuck storyline to the background of Jimmy's makeup and character, you just don't get the show.

I rarely pay attention to critics anymore. They're typically reviewing shows and movies that they would otherwise not watch if it weren't their job. That inevitably comes with bias.

Better Call Saul gets shut out of the Emmys, not sure if it was because some liberal Hollywood types don't like the way the show portrays women or just doesn't have the inside juju to mustard the votes. The best chance was probably Rhea Seehorn and she lost to Julie Garner again?!? I don't get the love for Julie Garner, I think she over acts in Ozark, I think the girl from Justified did a better job with a similar role.

Better Call Saul gets shut out of the Emmys, not sure if it was because some liberal Hollywood types don't like the way the show portrays women or just doesn't have the inside juju to mustard the votes. The best chance was probably Rhea Seehorn and she lost to Julie Garner again?!? I don't get the love for Julie Garner, I think she over acts in Ozark, I think the girl from Justified did a better job with a similar role.

maybe I'm just misremembering, but how did BCS portray women poorly? It was two women that ultimately took Saul down.

maybe I'm just misremembering, but how did BCS portray women poorly? It was two women that ultimately took Saul down.
It was more Breaking Bad but some think it carried over to the perception on BCS. Regardless I think Rhea Seehorn did a great job on the show and the politics of an entertainment award probably had something to do with BCS getting shut out as it was well reviewed and coming to an end.

I don't get why they submitted Rhea Seehorn for supporting actress instead of lead actress. I'm guessing because they thought she'd be more likely to win, but both categories were honestly stacked.

As great as BCS is, I don't see any category they were nominated in this year where they should have for sure won. We're in an age of great television with a lot of great performances.

Rhea's scene on the airport tram alone was Emmy worthy.

The other actress that keeps getting passed over that is outstanding is Kaitlyn Dever (I think that's who Auggie was referencing).

I need someone to explain to me what was so damn special about White Lotus. It was good but not exceptional.

Ringer thinks Seehorn deserved better:

Loser: Rhea Seehorn (FOR SOME REASON)​

For years, a curious affliction befell members of the Television Academy: They would consistently nominate Better Call Saul for Emmys, including Outstanding Drama Series, but completely snub Rhea Seehorn as a Supporting Actress contender. How a television voting body failed to recognize one of the greatest performances of the century is one of life’s enduring mysteries, a tragedy of biblical proportions. The good news is that the Academy has finally shown signs of progress: This year Seehorn got her much-deserved Emmy nomination. But the Seehorn faithful are not just content with a nomination: We would like the Ponytail Queen to get the gold she richly deserves.

Unfortunately, Seehorn lost the Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series category to Julia Garner, who collected her third Emmy playing Ruth Langmore in Ozark. Garner is a fantastic actress, and Ruth is an amazing character—but Seehorn’s performance is generational.

With Better Call Saul’s final season split across two Emmys eligibility windows, there’s still one more chance for Seehorn to win an Emmy in 2023. If she doesn’t win next year, WE WILL BURN HOLLYWOOD TO THE GROUND AND PRESENT RHEA WITH AN EMMY MOLDED FROM THE ASHES OF HER ENEMIES.

I too don't get the White Lotus, has to be something about the team making it that get's the folks to cast their votes.

As for another award that BCS could be justified in winning is directing, Did the dude from Squid Games really direct anything better than BCS this past year?

Agree 100%.
Rhea's scene on the airport tram alone was Emmy worthy.
This too.

I think all too often the Hollywood crowd tries too hard to point out the "new" or the "different." It is not cool to vote for BCS after BB got so much love. The woke part could certainly play as well. Shame.