Best Players By Position in School History

Top 10 StX Wide Receivers

1. Sam McDonald (02) - Dartmouth - 2 year starter (20-5 record) - Holds 5 StX receiving records: Most receiving TDs in a season (10), Most receiving TDs in a game (3), Most receiving yards in a season (897), Most receiving yards in a career (1,608), Most receiving TDs in a career (16); 90 catches for *1,608 yards (17.9 ypc) and *16 TDs

2. Michael Larkin (99) - Miami - 3 year starter (30-6 record) - also kick returner - Holds 3 StX receiving records: Highest average yardage per catch in a season (22.7), Highest average yardage per catch in a career (18.7), Most receiving TDs in a game (3)

3. *Clint Haslerig (69) - Michigan - 2 year starter (17-2-1 record) - Honorable Mention All Ohio - NFL career: Vikings, Bills, 49ers - Senior year: 37 catches for 487 yards

4. Josh Williams (01) - Miami - 2 year starter (21-5 record) - Holds 2 StX receiving records: Longest receiving TD (99 yards), Most receiving TDs in a game (3); Career Totals: 91 catches for 1,486 yards (16.3 ypc) and 14 TDs

5. Nick Larsen (99) - Holy Cross - 3 year starter (30-6 record)

6. Ryan Frey (13) - 3 year starter (21-15 record) - 2 way player senior year (WR/CB) - Career Totals: 89 catches for 1,187 yards (13.3 ypc) and 9 TDs

7. Kevin Milligan (12) - 4 year starter (32-17 record) - Holds 2 StX receiving records: Most pass receptions in a career (127), Most pass receptions in a game (13); Career Totals: *127 catches for 1,250 yards (9.8 ypc) and 10 TDs

8. Matt Williams (98) - 1 year (junior season, moved to QB senior year); as a junior WR caught 33 passes for 698 yards (21.2 yards per catch)

9. *Mike Healey (86) - 1 year (sophomore season, moved to QB for junior and senior years); as a sophomore WR caught 36 passes for 673 yards (18.7 yards per catch)

10. Ben Wilson (96) - 2 year starter (8-11 record) - career totals: 70 catches for 971 yards

This feels much lighter than I would've expected.

You should take my spot for sure as I've retired until Moeller gets back to our level both on the field as well as within the Yappi community. They both s&ck.

To be fair, I have about 5k posts, about 75% of which came between 2001 and 2003 and were easily among the most obnoxious of any fans. I still remember being yelled at by Elder fans at the Pit. The GCL was better before all the sportsmanship brainwashing. :banana:

To be fair, I have about 5k posts, about 75% of which came between 2001 and 2003 and were easily among the most obnoxious of any fans. I still remember being yelled at by Elder fans at the Pit. The GCL was better before all the sportsmanship brainwashing. :banana:

Back in the day, X's best Catholic cheer:

"We want GCL! Elder! Moeller! Go to Hell!"

Brotherly love at its finest.

Eff'em.

If you had to put together an all St.X team who would you take? This is based strictly off of high school performance. Thought it would be interesting following the title this year.

FB-Luke Linz

LB-Lamar Marshall

Personally, i would have picked Scott Sollman over Linz in a heart beat for FB and Lamar Marshall was a safety. You might be thinking of Mike Marshall, an awesome LB, who did not play senior year to pursue basketball, so I would agree with that.

Back in the day, X's best Catholic cheer:

"We want GCL! Elder! Moeller! Go to Hell!"

Brotherly love at its finest.

Eff'em.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, all good Bombers go to heaven. When they get there they will yell, "Elder, Moeller, go to hell!"

I remember that.

A noose, a tree, hang the referee.

We got in trouble for our cheer, "Nuts and bolts, nuts and bolts, we got screwed."
Big TM put the kibosh on that.

Then of course, "We want six," quickly became "We want sex." :banana:

Student sections were way more entertaining before "sportsmanship".

It's the administration not letting kids be kids. That was part of the fun being a student in the student section. I remember big TM (Tom Meyer) coming over the announcements on Monday morning letting us know how disappointed he was with our cheers. This was a weekly thing. :laugh: