Best Female 1600 runners in the state

delljoe97

I know that Ritter out of Oak Hills is the favorite but don't count our Curry in Fairfield. She has good coaches and by that time she may be hitting her peak. Coach Gerstner and Old man Meiser will have her ready to go back to state and I feel she will be standing on the podium this year maybe not winning but placing.

What?

I know that Ritter out of Oak Hills is the favorite but don't count our Curry in Fairfield. She has good coaches and by that time she may be hitting her peak. Coach Gerstner and Old man Meiser will have her ready to go back to state and I feel she will be standing on the podium this year maybe not winning but placing.

We're in the midst of the most exciting part of the Cross Country season and you're talking up a girl in a sport that doesn't have it's first meet for another 5 Months! :confused: Are you nuts?? :mad: On October 9th, 2007, I don't think anyone cares who may or may not be the best 1600 meter runner in the State.

This Curry whom you're promoting, does she have any noteworthy accomplishments now (in the sport of cross country) which you can talk about?

That, might be of interest.

Hubcap,, Totally agree. X Country season should end w/a fantastic October. And exciting Nov, 3rd. In regards to Curry. This is where she stands in the GMC.....1. Brooklyne Ridder Oak Hills St. Xavier Invitational 17:42.00
2. Andrea Curry Fairfield Harrison Inv. 18:44.00
3. Alanah Sonntag Sycamore Alliance 18:45.0

We're in the midst of the most exciting part of the Cross Country season and you're talking up a girl in a sport that doesn't have it's first meet for another 5 Months! :confused: Are you nuts?? :mad: On October 9th, 2007, I don't think anyone cares who may or may not be the best 1600 meter runner in the State.

This Curry whom you're promoting, does she have any noteworthy accomplishments now (in the sport of cross country) which you can talk about?

That, might be of interest.

Actually, I am interested. I am counting the days til the end of cross country. I do not dislike cross, I am just a greater fan of track and field. So please, bring on the conversation about track and field.

I dont see anyone beating Infeld from beaumont in any distance event she runs at state.

Hubcaphurler, I am sorry that I upset you. I am a Track and Field fan just wanted to get some conversation going on the subject. I agree that Imfeld is amazing as a runner and I do not think Curry will beat her I am just saying that I was trying to say that she is good and has a chance to stand on the podium not atop it(yet). So let's talk some girls track and field.

I can understand that Delljoe. But first things first. There is a pretty good chance Curry will be on the podium Nov.3. In Columbus.....

Hubcaphurler, I am sorry that I upset you. I am a Track and Field fan just wanted to get some conversation going on the subject. I agree that Imfeld is amazing as a runner and I do not think Curry will beat her I am just saying that I was trying to say that she is good and has a chance to stand on the podium not atop it(yet). So let's talk some girls track and field.

Delljoe, no problem. Didn't mean to over-react. Just shocked that someone is coming forth with Track and Field predictions. Oh well, to each his (her) own. Just for clarity, I didn't reference Infeld in any of my posts. I think that was Mercury.

18:43 will probably get Curry in the top 20 at the State Meet in cross country. I know in the Dayton area, an 18:43 puts you in the top 5 in the greater Dayton area.

Brooklyn Ridder is in the top tier of 5K runners. She'll either win state or be in the top 5. All those in the 18:43 range are still very, very good, but really, they're in the 2nd tier of statewide 5K runners. With an 18:43, in Dayton we have:

• Hannah Charbel, Butler
  • Megan Wright, Miamisburg
  • Carly Hamilton, Springboro
  • Sarah Lowe, Centerville
  • Hannah Turlington, Northmont

I don't follow Cincinnati as closely, but presume you have 5 or 6 in the Cincinnati area that are performing in the 18:43 range as well.:)

D1,Regionals at Troy are looking to be very interesting. w/Mason, Kings, Anderson & Loveland, (my picks to go to Pickerington). It will open things up abit at Troy. I look for a few of those 2nd tier ladies from Dayton and Cinci to peak well when it counts. I think there is a good possibility Nov.3, will have more than 5 under 18.

The fact that Mason,Kings,Anderson, and Loveland will have a big impact on the team race,since they will be in Pickerington. However, none of them have front runners that will alter much in the Individual race at Troy. The best people will be at Troy.

The individual race at Troy will be an exciting one. For 2nd thru 16th anyway. Who are the northern teams that will compete w/Turpin, Colerain & St Ursula to move on to State? Or will Oak Hils, Sycamore & Fairfield have a chance at 4th?

Troy Regional Girls Teams Div. 1

The individual race at Troy will be an exciting one. For 2nd thru 16th anyway. Who are the northern teams that will compete w/Turpin, Colerain & St Ursula to move on to State? Or will Oak Hils, Sycamore & Fairfield have a chance at 4th?

I think the two best teams from the Dayton area are Miamisburg and Springboro. I think they represent the best chance of a Dayton area team advancing onto the State Meet.

Miamisburg has already beaten Oak Hills and Colerain I'm not sure has enough in the #4 and #5 runner to advance out of Troy as a team.

I dont see anyone beating Infeld from beaumont in any distance event she runs at state.

Only because Stephanie Morgan from Barnesville isn't Division I. She hammered Infeld head to head, winning the Nike Outdoor Nationals Mile last June with a huge kick.

I would say in answer to the first posters question that with Infield and Pritt back in D1 they would be two of the top runners in the state. I do know Emily Pritt has lowered her time in cross country by about 40 seconds over the same course so I believe Emily will be competitive. it is hard to compare times throughout the state as the courses are all different, The girl from Barnesville maybe very good but time will tell.