Best early games??

William Wallace

What are the early round games you want to see? (Pre district finals)
For me, it's D1 Loveland vs Oak Hills. The dynamic scorers from Oak Hills vs Loveland`s D.
A close second is the SUA/East winner vs Milford.
What about Dayton area and D2 and D3?

D1
East and SUA is a very interesting, very early match. On paper East is a walk away but SUA has lots of talent.
Turpin vs. West. Both struggled badly early on and rely heavy on their defense. West has a better D. West wins
Fairfield vs Little Miami. Both middle of the pack just under .500 teams that lose games they should win and win games they should lose.
Anderson vs Sycamore. Not sure either wants to be good. But someone has to win.

D2
Batavia vs. Ross. Both have built a winning record and won their conference beating nobody. My pick is Batavia.
Wyoming vs Taylor. Conference match ups in the playoffs are always contentious.

D3
Madeira vs seven hills. The Amazons have been reeling as of late. 7 Hills may catch them in a slide.

Went to the Oak Hills game. The TFA Freshman Pennekamp put on a clinic and a BIG Oak Hills win! They need to reduce the number of playoff teams. Should be the best. Oh and a local local parent said Kings hung on to beat Colerain 1-0.

Turpin 1 / West 0
Little Miami 1 / Fairfield 0
Kings 1 / Colerain 0
Talawanda 4 / Middletown 0
Anderson 2 / Sycamore 1

Tough night for the GMC outside of OH with the big 10-0 win. ECC 4-0 vs GMC tonight...

Last edited:
I'll say it again, The GMC is terrible. What a train wreck this conference is. Just shows that often times numbers don't usually lie and my conference breaks down from 2 weeks ago tell a pretty accurate story. I had a feeling East wasn't real.

This is from my post 2 weeks ago.

"Conferences number teams overall at .500 or better - I said it after I watched Middletown and Oak Hills the other day. How did the GMC get so bad. GWOC best of the D1 Only conferences. and seems to be the trend the last few years.

SWBL 7 of 10 / .700
GWOC 6 of 8 / .750
CHL 5 of 8 / .625
ECC 5 of 10 / .500
GCL 3 of 6 / .500
MVC 5 of 10 / .500
GGCL 2 of 5 / .400
SWOC 2 of 6 / .333
GMC 3 of 10 / .300"

Went to the Oak Hills game. The TFA Freshman Pennekamp put on a clinic and a BIG Oak Hills win! They need to reduce the number of playoff teams. Should be the best. Oh and a local local parent said Kings hung on to beat Colerain 1-0.
Shouldn't the question be why didn't the Oak Hills coach have the girls up top that don't usually have the opportunity to score? He should have known what the outcome was going to be when the brackets where made. IMHO there are no "clinics" that are put on against a team that has given up 6+ goals in 10 matches they have lost. Sounds like a coach wanting to pad his players stats.

Shouldn't the question be why didn't the Oak Hills coach have the girls up top that don't usually have the opportunity to score? He should have known what the outcome was going to be when the brackets where made. IMHO there are no "clinics" that are put on against a team that has given up 6+ goals in 10 matches they have lost. Sounds like a coach wanting to pad his players stats.
They did all their scoring in the first half, and a senior who I'm told had really never played nor scored put in their final goal. The Freshman made awesome runs, had great vision and solid finishes. And Being in the medical field we never put on Free clinics for the people that have, we do it for the people that don't have.

I also said they need to stop including terrible teams in the playoffs. What is the purpose. Northwest had no business being on the field in the postseason vs Oak Hills who was only the 6th seed. It's not like they are even a top 5 team. I left early but they had ZERO Shots on goal. These early games in most cases are nothing more than stat padding opportunities. It's dumb.

Seriously just a sampling of yesterdays scores. What is the point other than to pad stats with teams this bad playing.

7 games 69-1 total score line.

Seton 8 / Winton Woods 0
Badin 14 / North College Hill 0
Oak Hills 10 / Northwest 0
Reading 8 / Ripley Union Lewis Huntington 0
Creek 9 / Springfield 0
Miamisburg 11 / Piqua 0
Ross 9 / New Richmond 1

Seriously just a sampling of yesterdays scores. What is the point other than to pad stats with teams this bad playing.

7 games 69-1 total score line.

Seton 8 / Winton Woods 0
Badin 14 / North College Hill 0
Oak Hills 10 / Northwest 0
Reading 8 / Ripley Union Lewis Huntington 0
Creek 9 / Springfield 0
Miamisburg 11 / Piqua 0
Ross 9 / New Richmond 1
Imagine Ripley Union Lewis Huntington, having to drive 1.5 hours to Reading, to get annihilated.

Imagine Ripley Union Lewis Huntington, having to drive 1.5 hours to Reading, to get annihilated.
Right? They were 3-11-0 in season and 1-5-0 in a bad conference, and Reading is a below average D3 team here in the tri-state. I'll never understand the purpose of it.

They did all their scoring in the first half, and a senior who I'm told had really never played nor scored put in their final goal. The Freshman made awesome runs, had great vision and solid finishes. And Being in the medical field we never put on Free clinics for the people that have, we do it for the people that don't have.

I also said they need to stop including terrible teams in the playoffs. What is the purpose. Northwest had no business being on the field in the postseason vs Oak Hills who was only the 6th seed. It's not like they are even a top 5 team. I left early but they had ZERO Shots on goal. These early games in most cases are nothing more than stat padding opportunities. It's dumb.
Great for the senior that scored! That is what matches like this are all about but what about the other 9 goals? Horrendous coaching IMHO with padding players stats. Don't disagree with your comments about playing against weaker competition & having minimum requirements to get into the tourney. These are not fun matches for anyone as a friend was texting me during the Seton / WW match where the ball did not get over mid-field in the second half as well.

Not sure of you medical field analogy but in my experience from an athletic standpoint, if your teams is far superior than the competition, you should be doing those things as the team is not usually put in that many difficult situations - it is easier to have "great vision" if no one is pressuring you when you have the ball. Play against equal or better competition and excel/dominate, then that is a clinic.

Not sure of you medical field analogy but in my experience from an athletic standpoint,
Probably just a subconscious way for me to remind people I think I'm smart.

I understand that part of your point of view, But will disagree with the other point. It's been argued on here time and time again, it's not my job to stop scoring it's your job to stop me from scoring. To let your varsity players play the game they look forward to and train for, to play for a full half is not unreasonable. They should not be in the situation in the first place.

Probably just a subconscious way for me to remind people I think I'm smart.

I understand that part of your point of view, But will disagree with the other point. It's been argued on here time and time again, it's not my job to stop scoring it's your job to stop me from scoring. To let your varsity players play the game they look forward to and train for, to play for a full half is not unreasonable. They should not be in the situation in the first place.
Dont worry we all know how smart you are but just to play devils advocate...didnt you refuse to include the Norwood girl on your stats lists because of weak competition? Lol.

The whole Jimmy Johnson attitude I get and understand - agree 1,000% the coach shouldn't have put his players in that situation. The only point I disagree with you is your use of "putting on a clinic". You can only do this when the competition is equal or better.

What if the top 12ish teams received byes, no ability to play a game, and the bottom 24ish played each othe? And, why not force top 4ish teams to have 2 byes? Something more creative than this.

What if the top 12ish teams received byes, no ability to play a game, and the bottom 24ish played each othe? And, why not force top 4ish teams to have 2 byes? Something more creative than this.
That is technically how it is designed almost. The top 9 can take byes. Then 10-31 would be in first round. However, a lot of top 9 teams like to play that first game, rather than wait 7-10 days for that 2nd round depending on their schedule. Just up to each program on where they want to go.

It seems like it's just too many teams. Nobody without a winning record should be part of it. I have not payed much attention to high school soccer till the last 2 years when my kid got there but it seems unbelievably watered down. So question for those who have been around, Has a team with a losing record ever made it to Regionals? I was just looking at the D3 playoff bracket. 1-11-1 Yellow springs? 1-11 Indian Lake? D2 has 1-13 New Richmond and 2-12-0 Greenville? D1 0-9 West Carrolton. and 2-11 Winton Woods?

It's bad enough when schools schedule these lay down games in the regular season. We played Fenwick as part of a multi year agreement from when they were good, they are not really good anymore but it wasn't like we searched for out of conference schools that really struggle to beat up on and post big wins. But when you are forced to play them in a playoff situation that's just not right.

It seems like it's just too many teams. Nobody without a winning record should be part of it. I have not payed much attention to high school soccer till the last 2 years when my kid got there but it seems unbelievably watered down. So question for those who have been around, Has a team with a losing record ever made it to Regionals? I was just looking at the D3 playoff bracket. 1-11-1 Yellow springs? 1-11 Indian Lake? D2 has 1-13 New Richmond and 2-12-0 Greenville? D1 0-9 West Carrolton. and 2-11 Winton Woods?

It's bad enough when schools schedule these lay down games in the regular season. We played Fenwick as part of a multi year agreement from when they were good, they are not really good anymore but it wasn't like we searched for out of conference schools that really struggle to beat up on and post big wins. But when you are forced to play them in a playoff situation that's just not right.
“Winning record” would be hard to do. In D2 Indian Hill would be out but Norwood still in…

Greenview?