Best D1 Teams Next Year???

1.Milford- Returns a team that will be full or Seniors like Grothaus, Haberer, Jones, Mckileson (sp), and Tommy George, plus many other players who will be key to their success. The JV team was strong in the past so look for some of those players to move up as well. Milford will be tough to beat.

2.Fairfield- Returns Ritz and Moss who were both all conference selections, also Waters, Kolstedt, and Johnson. JV teams were also very successful so look for kids to move up and play well. Their goalkeeping situation is a bit unsure, their JV goalie didnt impress me that much so look for that to be a weakness.

3/4. Lakota West- Returns Bowling, Proctor, Spradling, and Pitrowzci (sp), plus many other talented future Juniors. JV team was also good. Losing a great defender in Dooley and striker in Bahner so they will have to replace that but they should be a very dangerous team.

3/4 Mason- Returns Patterson, Cook, Grant, Mckinley, Eastham, and both goalies Sparks and Koutny. They will be pretty sound in the GK position with both keepers having another year of experience however defensively they only return Cook as their only defender who played so defense could be shaky. Patterson should dominate and Grant and Eastham will be key. JV teams at Mason are very good so look for some of them to make a great impact as well.

5.- St. X- returns all conference selections Shulte and Hoban as well as Fiester, O'quinn, Jacobs, and Benter. They will have a good amount of experience. Defensively with Shulte sweeping and Fiester in goal i don't see much getting past this team. Hoban has great touch in the midfield and is a great distributor so look for them to attack out of him. Not sure if they have one good go to striker but I could be wrong

others... Colerain, Winton Woods, Anderson, Loveland, and Sycamore

Agree with completely. I think that FF could have problems with their GK situation unless they had a backup Varsity goalie b/c their JV goalie is unreliable in my mind. I think that Mason will be very underrated though. They are a dangerous team. Patterson is the best mid fielder in the GMC and probably the city and Cook is one of the top defenders in the conference even though he wasnt played much b/c of Niro. But it will be a fun year to watch all these boys play from different schools seems how the 08 class was good with every school so now a new crop of boys will be playing. It will be exciting

3/4. Lakota West- Returns Bowling, Proctor, Spradling, and Pitrowzci (sp), plus many other talented future Juniors. JV team was also good. Losing a great defender in Dooley and striker in Bahner so they will have to replace that but they should be a very dangerous team.

Unless the junior class is VERY good , I don't see L West being very good. The seniors above are just not that good.

centerville is always good...does anyone know how many boys go to that school...Milford will be the team to beat down in cincinnati...according to returing players....they will have 14 seniors next year...+ jv players that will step up.....i hope they can pull it all together

Beavercreek is returning 7 starters and has 13 returning juniors look for them to repeat GWOC and District title again

Fairfield should be very strong next year. My understanding is that they have 15 kids coming back. Also, their JV team has only lost one game each of the last 2 years.

early guess, but id say beavercreek will be the front runner to make it out of the region to state next year. only 4 seniors started on a squad that went undefeated until they lost to elder...thats a pretty young team to make it to regional finals so they have to be the favorite next year

also, as for mason, i dont think its going to drop off as much as say fairfield did this year from their run to the state tourny last year...each class seems to keep getting stronger (09 class is a little weak) but after that there are some solid players in 10' and 11'...id guess theyll be around #6 or #7 in the city next year

early guess, but id say beavercreek will be the front runner to make it out of the region to state next year. only 4 seniors started on a squad that went undefeated until they lost to elder...thats a pretty young team to make it to regional finals so they have to be the favorite next year

I agree they are returning the same offense and the same defense with only three changes in the midfield and one at keeper, beavercreek i imiagine will be back to the regional finals next year.

i think mason will come back as one of the top 5 teams in the city and will be a contender for another GMC title.

Mason is losing so much i just can't see them being anywhere close to how good they were this year. I'm guessing around 7th or 8th best team in the city next year.

Though Mason lost so much this year.. their JV had some players that could be playing Varsity if they were at some other school.. Yes their varsity experience will be limited..but who DOES have varsity expereince are great leaders and will hopefully put the team together come tournament time.

Patterson- Dont have to say much everyone knows he will be the heart and engine of mason's play. Easily the most skilled player in the city next year.

Cook- Limited playing time this year may cause him to come out a bit slow next year, but look for him to be a HUGE defender later in the season. Will allow Mason to stay in some close games next year.

Grant- This kid bloomed this past season. He is will easily be one of the fastest and hardest workeing players on the field. Whether he plays outside or inside with Patterson, Grant will be a key player for Mason.

Eastham- Came out amazing being a top goal scorer for Mason, only as SOPHMORE. He is already a big boy and i can only imagine him getting stronger, faster, and better with more and more experience. Will definitly give many defenses's throughout the city a hard time in the back.

Tujillo- Name hasent come up much but as only a freshman, a large portion of the JV's success derived from him. He will only be a sophmore next year and he has the whole Niro stature goin on, but his skill easily makes up for his size. Look for him to mix stuff up in the middle with Patterson.

Other than the Comets.. Fairfield, West, St.X, Milford and Colerain always bring some trouble to each game. All will be huge contenders next year in every game.

Oakhills could turn out to be a surprise in the GMC. They don't have many returning juniors but they have plenty of returning sophmores from varsity and many moving up from J.V. Not to mention sean teepin in the goal and a new look at the coaching position they could do well the next two years.

Oak Hills just isn't a sports school. They do okay in sports but they just won't be that good. Thier two frosh, way to small. I just can't see them being anywhere near the top 8 in the city. Maybe not the top 10.

Oak Hills just isn't a sports school. They do okay in sports but they just won't be that good. Thier two frosh, way to small. I just can't see them being anywhere near the top 8 in the city. Maybe not the top 10.
Just depends on who are new coach is , if we get the right one he will be on a mission to turn the team around. It will not be easy but it can be done. Over the years we have had talent, we just need someone that can relate to the players and motivate them on and off the field.

Oak Hills

Do you think a new coach could bring back some of the guys that didn't play this year? What is OH looking for in the new guy?

not sure? I just heard that there were players who didn't play because of the staff. Will OH have 3 teams next season?

Oak Hill JV wasn't real good this year from the second half i saw, so how will the upcoming varsity players make them top 10 in the city?

yes oakhills will have 3 teams next season. There soon to be junior class and soon to be sophmore class are very big. i'd say somewhere around 15-20 kids each.

not to burst oak hills bubble but they will be lucky to go .500 this year. They have to get used to a new coach and learn how to play the game of soccer which half those players cant. There JV team is not good at all from what i saw so how can u say those players will come up to varsity and play well. There will be hardly any senior leadership on that team. And just because there r 20 underclassmen going out for the team doesnt mean that they will be good it just means that maybe they will have a lot of subs and a lot of young players.

i didnt say there underclassmen would make them good. i just stated that they will have 3 temas becasue of that reason. Plus oakhills J.V may not have been the greatest but they aslo had 8 sophmores and 12 freshman on the J.V. They had no juniors which you dont see very often on a J.V team