Best all time players @ schools/position

Do you mean they'd be the only public school able to upset all of the GCL teams in one year?

Because, even assuming you're only talking in the SW corner of the state, teams like Beavercreek, Sycamore, East, and Walnut have all beaten one of the "big 3". Interestingly, without doing a deep dive, I can't remember a time where Moeller has ever lost to a SW Ohio public school since the mid-2000s. Granted, totally going from memory here and could be wrong.

For public schools, depth is always the issue. The big 3 always have a lot more of that.

I meant that was one of the "few" public school teams I can remember to have the talent "possible" to beat the big 3 consistently and potentially challenge in state. There's always one or two years where Centerville, BCreek, East or West + others can challenge. I just think that West team was one of the few that had enough talent that could have made a deep run is all

It was discussed - but the Unicorns are essentially the "Cincinnati" team

Corey Pieper (Moeller)
Casey Pieper (Moeller)
Ben Luebbe (Elder)
Jake Juebbe (Elder)
Tim Laib (Oak Hills)
Derek Craig (Fairfield)
James Marton
Alex Vohland (West)
Logan Kerlin (Northmont)

They are actually hosting the Tier 2 Championships at Moeller HS on June 17 & 18 if anyone is interested - low key a big deal because they could move up to Tier 1 in the VLA
If all the players are from Cincinnati, shouldn't they have a Cincinnati name? Kind of weird. Not that it really matters, of course, in the actual play or results... but could end up in more people coming out to support if they realize it's the "home" team. Columbus has their own team, as does Cleveland.

If all the players are from Cincinnati, shouldn't they have a Cincinnati name? Kind of weird. Not that it really matters, of course, in the actual play or results... but could end up in more people coming out to support if they realize it's the "home" team. Columbus has their own team, as does Cleveland.
The team owner is in Lexington and so are about half the players. Could eventually split into 2 teams if more local guys continue to play past college.

I meant that was one of the "few" public school teams I can remember to have the talent "possible" to beat the big 3 consistently and potentially challenge in state. There's always one or two years where Centerville, BCreek, East or West + others can challenge. I just think that West team was one of the few that had enough talent that could have made a deep run is all
I think Darby made the final 4 every year from 2010-2020, and made 6 finals appearances in that span. I'd keep them in the mix, but to your point the big 3 have dominated since the mid 90's. The amount of players those schools get, and start with at a young age is un-comparable to anything other schools/ region in the state.

I think Darby made the final 4 every year from 2010-2020, and made 6 finals appearances in that span. I'd keep them in the mix, but to your point the big 3 have dominated since the mid 90's. The amount of players those schools get, and start with at a young age is un-comparable to anything other schools/ region in the state.
Not taking away from Darby's great run, but I think the conversation was more about SWOhio schools. Darby showed the state how to run a program for a public school!

Now that DeSales has a championship let's add their all time team.
Position, player, all state status

S: Cam Hoying (POY)
O1: Evan Feltz (POY)
O2: Evan Althouse (2nd)
M1: Luke Melsop (1st)
M2: Zane Patterson (-)
RS: Trent Hopson (1st)
L: Peter Marth (HM)

Not taking away from Darby's great run, but I think the conversation was more about SWOhio schools. Darby showed the state how to run a program for a public school!
True, but Darby did it in a way that I’m not sure can or will ever be replicated. They beat nearly everyone to the punch when it came to middle school ball- and then used the startup of Vanguard to fuel their high school program. With the way the game has grown, I’m not sure any public school could gain the type of advantage they had over other schools at their time. Then they just had great coaching to sustain it by finding great players and getting them to play year round. Don’t think we’ll ever see a run like that again.