Best 90s Rock Band

Nirvana was instrumental in bringing grunge rock to mainstream, but I was never impressed with them personally. Not knocking them, but thought they were eh.

NIN was always impressive to me, although not everyone's cup of tea and I think Green Day was impressive as they are a true three piece that is high quality and not studio produced.

I'd say the biggest knock on some of the 90s bands was their temperamental live shows. They could be very good or they could be strung out and playing like , but I guess that's the case for a lot of bands going back to the beginning of rock

Huge Nirvana and AIC fan...... throw in some Pearl Jam..... when it comes to rock in the 90's it was pretty much grunge and industrial rock (Yeah, I know Industrial is a genre on it's own but it can be considered rock or metal as well)

Tool in the 90's were pretty much Metal but they are now rock so include them if you like or not.......

Nirvana
Alice In Chains
NIN
Early 90's music was awesome.

Late 90's music was as bad as it got.

When Sirius radio first came out I thought the "90's" channel would be awesome and instead of hearing all of the stuff everyone has listed is all they played was Alanis Morrisette, Brittney Spears, Third Eye Blind, Train, and Christina Aguilera. Yuck!

SPeaking of Rock.....

In Versailles Ohio, Winger and Firehouse are in concert this October......

"Grunge" Bands- Nirvana, Dinosaur JR, Sonic youth, Mudhoney, Flaming Lips
Hard Rock Bands- Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam
Pop- Nada surf, Letters to Cleo, REM, Hum, Fountains of Wayne
Top 40- Toad the Wet Sprocket, Hootie and the Blowfish, The Wallflowers, Counting Crows, Everclear, Goo Goo Dolls, DMB
Industrial/Techno- Lords of Acid, Ministry, NIN, The Prodigy. White Zombie

Last edited: