Benedictine Basketball 2023

I agree. By the third year, the program should start taking a step forward, not getting blown out at home by a team with a 1-4 record. Basketball is much easier to turn around then Football. 1 or 2 solid players can give you an above average team.
Yeah. Sure a few players can turn it around rather quickly, but what have we brought in the last couple of years ? There isn’t one player with the exception of the freshman Williamson that I look at and say wow, this kid is going to be a great player.

Yeah. Sure a few players can turn it around rather quickly, but what have we brought in the last couple of years ? There isn’t one player with the exception of the freshman Williamson that I look at and say wow, this kid is going to be a great player.
Eli Ellis will be a star as well. But as usual NO BIGS

The Basketball program has been hurting for 3 or 4 years now. Nothing new.
I like to be fair and give a coach 4 years. So next season is make or break. And I just don’t see this program even taking a step forward next season. There is nothing to be excited about. The JV’s are average. The freshmen are terrible. And varsity is well… UGH. Coach needs a miracle.

I like to be fair and give a coach 4 years. So next season is make or break. And I just don’t see this program even taking a step forward next season. There is nothing to be excited about. The JV’s are average. The freshmen are terrible. And varsity is well… UGH. Coach needs a miracle.
I believe a good coach starts making an impact by the 3rd year. As mentioned before, only 5 guys play in Basketball, unlike 22 in Football. A lot easier. Their not attracting difference makers to the program. Doubt another year will change things.

Bengals beat Cleveland Central Catholic 49-40. I think that was a critical win for Salata. After a blowout loss. Have a chance to get back to .500 against Revere at home on Tuesday. Then we have Ignatius on Friday.

Lost to revere tonight. Can anyone fill me in on what happened in the second half. Watched the first half livestream and thought we could pull away with a W

Don’t know how to defend this.🤷🏼‍♂️
Losing to Eds like that stinks but it’s Eds ok
Losing to TRINITY - in literally anything- unacceptable

After last night’s loss it looks like whoever runs the Twitter page was making the rounds and blocked a bunch of recent alums who were disappointed in the season. Not a good look

After last night’s loss it looks like whoever runs the Twitter page was making the rounds and blocked a bunch of recent alums who were disappointed in the season. Not a good look

Can’t keep or recruit the horses.
Why is that? Same as in football, either the coach, and his staff can't attract the "horses", or the people running the school aren't providing the resources, and backing the coaches, to bring in the "horses". Probably a little of both. But, I would bet more on the latter.

Not surprised. When I questioned the direction of the football program, I was accused of being negative, and not " A man of Benedictine". There is no reason a school with our history, should be so down in athletics.

Not surprised. When I questioned the direction of the football program, I was accused of being negative, and not " A man of Benedictine". There is no reason a school with our history, should be so down in athletics.
I think the football program is heading in the right direction. Basketball is in big trouble.