Battle of Pickerington.

Just A Guy

Who wins? Can Pick. North make this a game? They have the players too, just not sure if they have the coaching.

Squeekz > Cardo’s.

PC’s defense is enough to get them in the position to win. North hasn’t proven anything to date that they can get the upset over PHSC.

Coaching is okay, North gets destroyed in the trenches. Too young and too weak this year
The coaching is ok if you are referring to Twitter. I was at the game last night vs Marysville and Hillerich /staff was so out coached it was obvious. The discipline on PN sideline was terrible. Coaches to players...

The coaching is ok if you are referring to Twitter. I was at the game last night vs Marysville and Hillerich /staff was so out coached it was obvious. The discipline on PN sideline was terrible. Coaches to players...
I find faults with North and their program, but multidimensional message board games on Hillerich are hackneyed and unfruitful. And saying that North has the talent to beat PC is ignorant. North is ‘OK’ this year. PC is very good.

North isn’t expected to win; they weren’t expected to beat PC even in the off-season. PN has a couple good players, but PC has one of the best units defensively in the state. I suppose “anything can happen”, especially in this rivalry.

I was there too- yeah some bonehead play calls, but hard to overcome a kick return td, pick6 and two fumbles all in the first half. What sideline discipline issues are you talking about

PN defense played outstanding vs Marysville but costly mistakes made it impossible to win. Offensive playcalling in need of major adjustments but the QB and #13 WR seems to have potential.
PC front D Line is the best in state and there’s no debate.I don’t see their offense being much of a threat.

I have PC winning this game 21-7.

Both teams are offensively-challenged. PN probably doesn't have the talent to play much better. PC 'can' play better and Jay actually added a couple of passes to to game plan vs. North Allegheny. As a neutral Pickerington resident with no skin in the game, I'm hoping for an injury-free, great matchup. I'm also hoping PC will find a way to add some speed and quickness to the WR position. Can any of those speedy DBs actually catch a pass? OR is that why they are DBs exclusively?

I'm a PN guy but the reality is that PC is very talented. OL,DL, Secondary are solid. I think PN has some places we can exploit though. PC plays some of their big names both ways but they also rotate guys to keep them fresh. PN has a different philosophy. Could be a classic. Could be a blow out. That's the beauty of a rivalry.. Cardos > Kingys.... #GoPanthers

PN defense played outstanding vs Marysville but costly mistakes made it impossible to win. Offensive playcalling in need of major adjustments but the QB and #13 WR seems to have potential.
PC front D Line is the best in state and there’s no debate.I don’t see their offense being much of a threat.

I have PC winning this game 21-7.
Squeekz > Cardo’s.

PC’s defense is enough to get them in the position to win. North hasn’t proven anything to date that they can get the upset over PHSC.
We're holding out the big guns. It's gonna be a surprise.

The thing I don’t understand about PN is they have a running back the size of Lindell White from USC days who could easily get 3-4 yds per carry with momentum if they run a traditional I formation with a fullback or extra lineman but choose to run east/west in a shotgun zone scheme. Quartberback is at least 6’4 so when running the play action and making the linebackers commit to stopping the big running back he could easily see overtop opening up the passing game.

For Central I think the new QB will get comfortable as the season progresses but I believe this will be his make or break game against North. RB Kamara is a dude and I expect the offense to continue rolling with him in the backfield.

PN just nowhere in the ballpark of PC this year. Tigers cruise to the easy victory 35-7. Panthers only scoring from late garbage time TD or from PC turnover and short field.

The thing I don’t understand about PN is they have a running back the size of Lindell White from USC days who could easily get 3-4 yds per carry with momentum if they run a traditional I formation with a fullback or extra lineman but choose to run east/west in a shotgun zone scheme. Quartberback is at least 6’4 so when running the play action and making the linebackers commit to stopping the big running back he could easily see overtop opening up the passing game.
Interesting comment... PN's RB would probably thrive in Central's throwback offense. In the age of spread offenses, PC frequently runs power-I and stacked power-I w/ a 3rd RB in the backfield along with a fullback. Typically gain 1-2 yds (ha!) out of that formation. We ran that at my high school when I played... back in the 1980s...

Thing that strikes me is PC does a great job of getting the big kids in the hallways out for football. They have size but also depth in the trenches.
north has nowhere near that size or depth up front. Seems like their big kids in the hallways play in the band or choir or just don’t play ?

PN calling offensive plays like this is pop warner.Defense is playing great but to many 3 and outs on offense.

PC defense is committed to stopping the run and doing a great job.QB scrambles the only thing going on offense.

Great game in Ohio

Absolutely flabbergasted by this result. North did literally NOTHING on offense the whole game, then get 1 big pass w/under 3 minutes left, kick a FG to pull it to 10-3, then a strip when Central trying to run out the clock and scoop and score from about 50 yards to tie game w/just over a minute left. Central drives right down the field to Panther 11 and attempt a 28 yd FG w/9 seconds left and misses. Tigers throw INT in the endzone on 4th and long in OT and Panthers get one 1st down and then kick game winner. I don't know that North had more than 100 yds total offense for the game.

That is a shocker.
Only the 'manner' in which they lost... Too slow and unimaginative on offense. I'm a huge PC fan, but they really needed to be punched in the face! I think anyone who has watched these Tigers play knows that they can't possibly be the #2 team in the state - unless it is an incredibly down year in the state. They have below average talent at the offensive skill positions, and the huge linemen can't move anyone out of the way. Great D, but zero O = what you saw tonight.

Last edited:
Battle of inept coaching on both sides of the field. Doing a disservice to a bunch of very good players on both teams. PC just needed to take a knee and punt on 4th down. North would get the ball back with like 35 seconds left. North doesn’t have a QB and didn’t move the ball the entire game. Instead they give it to a RB who fumbles 3-4 times/game. North strips it and runs it 50 yards for a TD. The Tiger TE can’t catch so when they pass, it’s 50/50 whether they catch it even if it hits them square in the hands. PC has a championship defense and a youth league offensive scheme.

Last edited:
Only the 'manner' in which they lost... Too slow and unimaginative on offense. I'm a huge PC fan, but they really needed to be punched in the face! I think anyone who has watched these Tigers play knows that they can't possibly be the #2 team in the state - unless it is an incredibly down year in the state. They have below average talent at the offensive skill positions, and the huge linemen can't move anyone out of the way. Great D, but zero O = what you saw tonight.
Ohio football is pretty average nowadays so they can definitely still win