Battle for Control of the U.S. Senate

EagleFan

Fan of Eagle
Currently we are at 51-49 Democrats. How you see this shifting?

Currently I don't see any current GOP seats flipping.

As for Democrat seats, several races to watch:

Arizona - Lake is a bit of a flawed candidate, but seems like she could win if Sinema(I) splits votes with Gallego (D). Currently Gallego leads a three way race in the polls.

Ohio - Which GOP candidate has best shot vs Brown? I'd say LaRose has a shot.

West VIrginia - Seems like a lock that Justice flips this seat.

So in addition to WV, the GOP need to flip one of the other two...

That said, the Democrats are vulnerable in Montana, Michigan, Nevada, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. Possibly depends on Trump performance on those ballots.

For now I'll go with 51-49 GOP.

LaRose courting the pro-life vote in the Primary in hopes of overcoming Trump's endorsement of Bernie Moreno will certainly negate Frank LaRose in the General Election for many.

I think Frank LaRose will lose to his own primary season sound-bites in a General. This is largely due to the fact that Ohio's State Legislators have been too stubbornly stupid to make a reasonable secular compromise on the abortion issue here at home. Self over Party ?

These rural Republican are too worried about their own local voters staying home as they compete with less conservative Republicans in the primaries for their seats in the Ohio Legislature. Idealogues from the hinterlands that make great the enemy of "gotta be good enough". They plainly deny the harsh societal realties of 50 years of Roe v. Wade. Duh. Stupid people.

The "hive mind" of the Democrat Party enjoys nationwide benefits that Republicans can only enviously imagine. We are just more independent-minded on the whole than the Democrat "Borg" bastards.

Last edited:

Arizona - Lake is a bit of a flawed candidate, but seems like she could win if Sinema(I) splits votes with Gallego (D). Currently Gallego leads a three way race in the polls.

That said, the Democrats are vulnerable in Montana, Michigan, Nevada, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. Possibly depends on Trump performance on those ballots.

Republicans should win WV, but there are no obvious flips elsewhere, so I would hazard the Senate winds up 50-50.

Of greater interest, even if the Senate is won by the Republicans, will they have a common agenda?

The article suggests a split between MAGA and Never Trumpers.

Edit: In WV, Alex Mooney would be the more conservative candidate over Justice. Of course I am prejudiced against Justice. His companies stiffed the hospital I worked for over $1 million in hospital health insurance claims. He is a master of the corporate shell game to hide assets and cash.

Last edited:
Republicans should win WV, but there are no obvious flips elsewhere, so I would hazard the Senate winds up 50-50.

Of greater interest, even if the Senate is won by the Republicans, will they have a common agenda?

The article suggests a split between MAGA and Never Trumpers.

Edit: In WV, Alex Mooney would be the more conservative candidate over Justice. Of course I am prejudiced against Justice. His companies stiffed the hospital I worked for over $1 million in hospital health insurance claims. He is a master of the corporate shell game to hide assets and cash.
Leadership means testing the waters and finding the commonality. Get the momentum building behind what the common constituencies want, build good will at home, then service your donors. This is how it worked before Party bosses had so much influence over the flow of a greater amount of required amount of cash needed to win. Face time on screens matters, and costs now

If we impose term limits before changing campaign finance, this will only become worse.

Nope, that would be state controlled mockingbird media and the dopes "like you" that believe them.
Ok trump suck up. No I just don't support someone who is a habitual liar, dodged serving his country, found guilty of fraud as well as liable for sexual assault as well as defamation (that stuff was all made up - fake news). You know your hero who says he just grab women by the pu**y - cool I guess that you worship such a jack a**.

No trump will make sure that does not happen. Never has a pol been such a drag on his own political party.
Eh, he's a jerk, sure, but the modern Republican Party was dead in the water before Trump came along, and if it doesn't follow his lead, it's still terminal and dying, already. I won't miss what the post-Reagan Repub neocon era was, because I've been praying for a civil version of what Trump tries to be for 30 years. I knew my people were abandoned without a party years ago.

The Democrats already do a better job for most global corporate donors than what the establishment Republicans claim to be trying to provide. Citizens United was your death warrant, and the establishment idiot McCain got it (R)olling. If you clowns don't take advantage of the Trump boost by getting in line behind him this election, many of his faithful go away after '24, and you establishment Pubs are OVER. Just out-numbered losers left hoping the carcass doesn't get picked clean too rapidly, so y'all can limp along to your bitter ends in peace. You myopic fools will have ended your own era trying to recapture 2002, instead of adapting reasonably to "(R) + Trump", like a Cruz or Rubio. Fools.

Most of the various post-2018 swing state election law changes that kept Trump from 270 in 2020 remain in place. Some "antique" blue county voter rolls have been purged, yes, but not much else has changed. The Republicans will never face a candidate as weak as FJB again.

Yes, the Democrats sat on all this petty legal Lawfare puffery until the build-up to the '24 election because they knew that the unjust, ridiculous persecution of Trump for smear value would also elevate him in Primary season above other candidates that would smoke Joe and Kammie in a General. Yes, I know they wanted to "Primary us" with Trump, and I resent the ease with which they've used media to manipulate the electorate again. And yes, I resent the hell out of them for ultimately steering OUR primary. But that's tough. Quit pouting. You need too be prepared to just shut up and row the boat, I guess. Otherwise, you're little more than a self-defeating bitch, are you ?

Look, I wanted DeSantis. Still do. If these fools were to somehow lock Trump up, we run DeSantis and he wins, then RDS gets Orange Bastard out of jail to be a celebrity moaner and nothing more again, and finally rips the leading Democrats to shreds for ALL of it in the courts over the next 8 years like it's a side job - well, that's the dream scenario, sure. It isn't going to happen.

These Democrat fools actually have nothing but 91 counts of a Lawfare smear job on multiple fronts, being forwarded by, frankly, inept dipshytes elected by the blue morons that deserve them. It's going to be Trump v Somebody, because 'Pubs won't hijack their own Convention, and it would send all the Trump voters home to pout if they did.

WAKE THE HELL UP. You've lost that battle. Better try to win the larger war, while Republicans actually have a chance. In 2024, trying once again to sandbag and wait out Trump like 2020 is going to be a suicide pact for you goofs. Look what the Demarxists have done in 3 years, even while trying to win again with a puppet incumbent. Don't doubt it.

Last edited:
Ok trump suck up. No I just don't support someone who is a habitual liar, dodged serving his country, found guilty of fraud as well as liable for sexual assault as well as defamation (that stuff was all made up - fake news). You know your hero who says he just grab women by the pu**y - cool I guess that you worship such a jack a**.
Fake news. The people against him could make you twice the liar and 10X as bad as anything they say about Trump.
They are coming for us all and Trump just happens to be in the way. You do not seem to understand the big picture here.
Let me guess you believed 3 years of non stop "Trump collusion" and the 51 intelligence officials too?

Fake news. The people against him could make you twice the liar and 10X as bad as anything they say about Trump.
They are coming for us all and Trump just happens to be in the way. You do not seem to understand the big picture here.
Let me guess you believed 3 years of non stop "Trump collusion" and the 51 intelligence officials too?
Maybe he's a 'Pub playing both ends against the middle, but I sometimes suspect that Shakey is fakey, and he's just a trolling Demoron, to be honest. The priorities he espouses never really reconcile for me as "one genuine human", no matter how I turn them over in my head. Total disconnect, for me.

Maybe he just "says things" out of his stubborn disappointment, and he's smarter than he reads ?

Last edited:

Moreno has a ten point lead on Larose in the primary in the latest poll out.
LaRose courting the pro-life vote in the Primary in hopes of overcoming Trump's endorsement of Bernie Moreno will certainly negate Frank LaRose in the General Election for many.

I think Frank LaRose will lose to his own primary season sound-bites in a General. This is largely due to the fact that Ohio's State Legislators have been too stubbornly stupid to make a reasonable secular compromise on the abortion issue here at home. Self over Party ?

These rural Republican are too worried about their own local voters staying home as they compete with less conservative Republicans in the primaries for their seats in the Ohio Legislature. Idealogues from the hinterlands that make great the enemy of "gotta be good enough". They plainly deny the harsh societal realties of 50 years of Roe v. Wade. Duh. Stupid people.

The "hive mind" of the Democrat Party enjoys nationwide benefits that Republicans can only enviously imagine. We are just more independent-minded on the whole than the Democrat "Borg" bastards.

This issue has been compounded by gerrymandering creating more and more uncompetitive districts state wide.

Moreno has a ten point lead on Larose in the primary in the latest poll out.

This issue has been compounded by gerrymandering creating more and more uncompetitive districts state wide.
Yup. Too afeered to stand on their platform itself and compete against a prettier, slicker, wishy-washy subu(R)banite.

Don't get me wrong, though. Gerrymandering to keep the monolithic hood spread all over, and thus keeping it from turning purple suburbs blue, well I'm all about that. :banana:

No trump will make sure that does not happen. Never has a pol been such a drag on his own political party.
As we ignore Biden just had 100k people in a reliably liberal state vote for a ghost candidate over him. As we ignore minorities flock to Trump thanks to a failed Biden administration. As we ignore increasing calls from within Bidens own party to dump him to save the brand.

There is an albatross in the race and it's squarely on the shoulders of Biden.

The only jacka** is one who cuts off his nose to spite his face voting style over substance.

As we ignore Biden just had 100k people in a reliably liberal state vote for a ghost candidate over him. As we ignore minorities flock to Trump thanks to a failed Biden administration. As we ignore increasing calls from within Bidens own party to dump him to save the brand.

There is an albatross in the race and it's squarely on the shoulders of Biden.
There are two, actually. The other is the self-serving globalist side of the Republican party, hanging around Trump’s neck.

Eh, he's a jerk, sure, but the modern Republican Party was dead in the water before Trump came along, and if it doesn't follow his lead, it's still terminal and dying, already. I won't miss what the post-Reagan Repub neocon era was, because I've been praying for a civil version of what Trump tries to be for 30 years. I knew my people were abandoned without a party years ago.

The Democrats already do a better job for most global corporate donors than what the establishment Republicans claim to be trying to provide. Citizens United was your death warrant, and the establishment idiot McCain got it (R)olling. If you clowns don't take advantage of the Trump boost by getting in line behind him this election, many of his faithful go away after '24, and you establishment Pubs are OVER. Just out-numbered losers left hoping the carcass doesn't get picked clean too rapidly, so y'all can limp along to your bitter ends in peace. You myopic fools will have ended your own era trying to recapture 2002, instead of adapting reasonably to "(R) + Trump", like a Cruz or Rubio. Fools.

Most of the various post-2018 swing state election law changes that kept Trump from 270 in 2020 remain in place. Some "antique" blue county voter rolls have been purged, yes, but not much else has changed. The Republicans will never face a candidate as weak as FJB again.

Yes, the Democrats sat on all this petty legal Lawfare puffery until the build-up to the '24 election because they knew that the unjust, ridiculous persecution of Trump for smear value would also elevate him in Primary season above other candidates that would smoke Joe and Kammie in a General. Yes, I know they wanted to "Primary us" with Trump, and I resent the ease with which they've used media to manipulate the electorate again. And yes, I resent the hell out of them for ultimately steering OUR primary. But that's tough. Quit pouting. You need too be prepared to just shut up and row the boat, I guess. Otherwise, you're little more than a self-defeating bitch, are you ?

Look, I wanted DeSantis. Still do. If these fools were to somehow lock Trump up, we run DeSantis and he wins, then RDS gets Orange Bastard out of jail to be a celebrity moaner and nothing more again, and finally rips the leading Democrats to shreds for ALL of it in the courts over the next 8 years like it's a side job - well, that's the dream scenario, sure. It isn't going to happen.

These Democrat fools actually have nothing but 91 counts of a Lawfare smear job on multiple fronts, being forwarded by, frankly, inept dipshytes elected by the blue morons that deserve them. It's going to be Trump v Somebody, because 'Pubs won't hijack their own Convention, and it would send all the Trump voters home to pout if they did.

WAKE THE HELL UP. You've lost that battle. Better try to win the larger war, while Republicans actually have a chance. In 2024, trying once again to sandbag and wait out Trump like 2020 is going to be a suicide pact for you goofs. Look what the Demarxists have done in 3 years, even while trying to win again with a puppet incumbent. Don't doubt it.
How about Trump for 24 and DeSantis in 28? I am sure Trump will fight like all and just might make the DeSantis job easier to make great things happen. Twelve years could mean many changes and improvements in our Govt.

I agree with what you say except about the Dems "rigging" the primary. Trump was guaranteed this nomination the minute he lost in 2020. No other Republican enjoys his support. The remove Trump from the ballot initiative negates elevating him in the primary. What the persecution has done is draw non traditional republicans onto team Trump.

As you say these establishment Rs whining about Trump, placing style over substance, are fools. What does another 4 years of progressive control do for you as a conservative? And they wonder why we call them RINOs.

There are two, actually. The other is the self-serving globalist side of the Republican party, hanging around Trump’s neck.
They are a concern for sure but Trumps coalition has bent them over pretty well, see Haleys performance (even though the media would have you believe getting routed by 30-40 points race after race including your home state is a solid performance) Cheney and Kinzinger among others crying at home, McConnell reading the tea leaves...

The momentum is on the side of Trump.

Trump does have the momentum now, but it can change in a hurry. I would guess 51-49 Republican control. If Trump wins, in 2026 I would guess 56-44 Democrats.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
Yup. Too afeered to stand on their platform itself and compete against a prettier, slicker, wishy-washy subu(R)banite.

Don't get me wrong, though. Gerrymandering to keep the monolithic hood spread all over, and thus keeping it from turning purple suburbs blue, well I'm all about that. :banana:

That prettier slicker version tends to draw a lot wider coalition. They don’t win races by being prettier they win by appealing to more voters on a broader range of issues.

How about Trump for 24 and DeSantis in 28? I am sure Trump will fight like all and just might make the DeSantis job easier to make great things happen. Twelve years could mean many changes and improvements in our Govt.
Trump is probably the least electable Republican worthy of serious consideration, though. Therein lies the rub, right ?

Fake news works, and Trump's personality makes them that much more effective against him. That's the sad fact. The very thing that got him a winner through the '16 Primary without spending a dime of his own money, his mouth, is his undoing now. Watch what happens when he's nominated, and the mic is taken away from Trump again like 2020. They already briefly showed us in concert once what they will be doing, when several talking heads on several networks all talked over the same part of the same Trump speech. We, the People will not hear Trump speak much soon, we will merely see video and hear the sound of Trump "under" the News Bloviators of Truth. The talking heads will be speaking over Trump and telling you what Trump actually means. Because disinformation. That is their plan.

Thankfully, at least for now, there is FJB. I really do believe that 2024 will be the last honest election, unless the Democrats lose power.

Don't Take the (D), 2024

Last edited:
I agree with what you say except about the Dems "rigging" the primary. Trump was guaranteed this nomination the minute he lost in 2020. No other Republican enjoys his support. The remove Trump from the ballot initiative negates elevating him in the primary. What the persecution has done is draw non traditional republicans onto team Trump.

As you say these establishment Rs whining about Trump, placing style over substance, are fools.
What does another 4 years of progressive control do for you as a conservative? And they wonder why we call them RINOs.
LOL you're the fool, trump is a fraud big time spender who treats women like garbage he is no conservative, Haley is a conservative just look at her fiscal record vs your master (trump). They're facts than your opinion and pretend as much as youi want doesn't make trump a conservative.

• Haha
Reactions: y2h
LOL you're the fool, trump is a fraud big time spender who treats women like garbage he is no conservative, Haley is a conservative just look at her fiscal record vs your master (trump). They're facts than your opinion and pretend as much as youi want doesn't make trump a conservative.
Go, TeamRaytheon!! Kill, kill, kill!!!

Which means having no real principles
Polish your principles later. Save the Republic.

There is a happy medium that preserves power paradigms and gets rid of wild west abortion.

6 weeks, while bright and shiny, is not that happy medium. We've proven this in Ohio.