Basketball

Class of 94

I went to the game last night, second of the year. This coach yells at refs the whole game, screams at kids all the time, subs 12-13 guys in like he gets paid per sub, has lost all 3 games va Elder and Moeller and plays a weak schedule. Heard he is doing good things in the offseason and he is truly a Sr X type guy but from what I see, he is not a step up from Coach Martin.

I'm not impressed with his talent evaluation to this point. How hard are the kids playing? I'm more concerned with the effort right now.

Effort is there but he plays two big kids that are not GCL kids. Plays way too many kids for a GCL team and has Payne at point. Payne is a 5'11" forward at best. Also, Jefferson, Wittrock, Wolf and Rumpke play minimal and I have no understanding why. He starts a couple seniors that should not play the minutes they are playing. Just my opinion.
I don't think any of the coaches understand GCL basketball..... at all

Effort is there but he plays two big kids that are not GCL kids. Plays way too many kids for a GCL team and has Payne at point. Payne is a 5'11" forward at best. Also, Jefferson, Wittrock, Wolf and Rumpke play minimal and I have no understanding why. He starts a couple seniors that should not play the minutes they are playing. Just my opinion.
I don't think any of the coaches understand GCL basketball..... at all

Basketball coaches at X eventually will figure out that the toughness factor needs to increase when we play GCL ball....all those kids you mention not getting enough minutes would accomplish that...they seem to be more concerned with AAU kids to a fault. Been saying that for years.

I thought for sure that my panthers would be the worst in the south. Do you think the bombers are sub .500 again this year, will your coach get rid of the waiter uniform? Agree with class of 94, he hanse clue about how to coach in the GCL.

The lowest point in St X basketball. Lost to Fenwick!!!!!!

Talking with someone who had more knowledge than me who said the JV coach is really a good candidate. Any changce the administration makes a move this year or are we going to drag our feet like we did with Martin?

At least the current coach isn't an alum.

They play a ton of guys. Jefferson, Witrock, Wolf, and Kriemer play anywhere from 1-8 or 9 minutes.
I know Jefferson and Wolf are focused on football but Wolf (his cousin is Johnny and dad and uncles were good) was really good in grade school and fr and JV but barely sees the floor. Jefferson was all GCL and does not see the floor much either. Not sure if they do not want football players or they have gotten worse over the years.
Not sure how long they will keep "the waiter"

from games I saw sophs kreimer and kiessling play JV then get in varsity games at garbage time.

Neither of them would make an impact on the varsity. I think they are both solid basketball players but I don't think as sophomores they would impact varsity outcomes. While both solid players I think the best JV player is actually one of the freshmen they moved up...Greieves

They play a ton of guys. Jefferson, Witrock, Wolf, and Kriemer play anywhere from 1-8 or 9 minutes.
I know Jefferson and Wolf are focused on football but Wolf (his cousin is Johnny and dad and uncles were good) was really good in grade school and fr and JV but barely sees the floor. Jefferson was all GCL and does not see the floor much either. Not sure if they do not want football players or they have gotten worse over the years.
Not sure how long they will keep "the waiter"

This is the point I was making above...those football kids who are also very good basketball players give you a toughness factor that we sorely need...I don't think this guy understands this but Martin didn't get it either.

I went to the game last night, second of the year. This coach yells at refs the whole game, screams at kids all the time, subs 12-13 guys in like he gets paid per sub, has lost all 3 games va Elder and Moeller and plays a weak schedule. Heard he is doing good things in the offseason and he is truly a Sr X type guy but from what I see, he is not a step up from Coach Martin.

Many stories about his inabilities and his unacceptable behavior from teachers and alumni alike. Mr. Berning is turning over in his grave.

88% of all college players drafted this weekend, played multiple sports in high school. Having said that, I am saddend that the only sports that continues to stink, is basketball. I have followed STBB for over 50 years and our worst years were 12-9 and that was when we played a hard schedule. This year the team play Cinti Country Day (terrible team), Winton Woods (barely could form a team), Lakota West (3 or 4 win team) and lost to Fenwick (an all time low), Badin (equal all time low), no GCL wins again.
This coach is pathetic and I wish Martin was back.