Baseball 2024

It looks like Curliss is used mostly as a Closer. Is that to protect his arm? He’s their best Pitcher. This team might actually be a better hitting team than the ‘21 & ‘23 teams that made deep Tourney runs. However, what they don’t have is a true #1 starter. It was pretty much a given that Elder was going to win whenever Grimmelsman or Wood were pitching.

Yea they don't have true #1. They have a few pitchers that can pitch like a # 1 on a given night. Biggs, Aamonn. I don't think curliss has started any games this year and has a few saves.

They hit pretty well and will win a lot of shoot-out type games. May see some 12-10 like games.

Yea they don't have true #1. They have a few pitchers that can pitch like a # 1 on a given night. Biggs, Aamonn. I don't think curliss has started any games this year and has a few saves.

They hit pretty well and will win a lot of shoot-out type games. May see some 12-10 like games.
Was Curliss a Starter as a Frosh?

Assuming they can get one against X.

Finishing second is NEVER the goal. But all things considered, props to these boys and coaches for turning the season around.

Another nice win at CHCA a 12-4 team. 3-2.
Double header today at Findlay. There’s a real chance this team loses under 10 games. If you would’ve told me that after that brutal 0-3 start, I would’ve called you crazy. But hey, seasons don’t end after 3 bad games.

Double header today at Findlay. There’s a real chance this team loses under 10 games. If you would’ve told me that after that brutal 0-3 start, I would’ve called you crazy. But hey, seasons don’t end after 3 bad games.
The final stretch is incredibly difficult with Ross, Badin, and Orange.

Panthers win an 8 inning GCL slugfest, 3-2. Mason Schneider with the walkoff single after Elder tied it in the 7th. Chance to sweep the blue team on Wednesday out on North Bend.

Eli Roden with a clutch single with 2 outs in the bottom of the 7th to tie it 2-2 to send the game into extra innings. Biggs had a nice outing and Curlis came in strong in relief.

GCL Scores today
Elder 3
St. Xavier 2

Moeller 9
Lasalle 1

Elder will finish 2nd in the GCL. Current standings.

Moeller 19-0 (7-0)
Elder 14-7 (5-3)
Lasalle 8-9 (2-5)
St. Xavier 5-15 (1-7)

It’s a down year for Elder’s high standards, but props to these players and coaches.

Let’s get hot and make a playoff run!

Altiora!
Speaks volumes about a program and a Coach like Coach Thompson when a 14-7 record is a “down year”. These boys are playing good ball and starting to ramp it up. One of the more fun teams in recent years.

Panthers win an 8 inning GCL slugfest, 3-2. Mason Schneider with the walkoff single after Elder tied it in the 7th. Chance to sweep the blue team on Wednesday out on North Bend.
Got scared there for a second. Kid on second appeared to stop running halfway to third after the Schneider hit. Thompson going crazy got him to third. A force out at second was still in play.

Got scared there for a second. Kid on second appeared to stop running halfway to third after the Schneider hit. Thompson going crazy got him to third. A force out at second was still in play

It looks like Curliss is used mostly as a Closer. Is that to protect his arm? He’s their best Pitcher. This team might actually be a better hitting team than the ‘21 & ‘23 teams that made deep Tourney runs. However, what they don’t have is a true #1 starter. It was pretty much a given that Elder was going to win whenever Grimmelsman or Wood were pitching.
I like Curlis on the mound. Hope we can develop a #2 for next year. 2 perfect innings today.