Baseball 2024

I think he was just presenting the situation at hand. When you rely on a feeder system, you will have down years. The reason is sometimes you have a state title contending group of kids(rare) and sometimes you have a really bad year(rare) and usually they have very good teams(normal).
I agree. Even if this team doesn’t figure it out (I still think they will), this will be the first “down year” in almost a decade. This is a new team with a new identity. It’s up to them to figure it out between now and May. I’m excited to see the growth.

I think he was just presenting the situation at hand. When you rely on a feeder system, you will have down years. The reason is sometimes you have a state title contending group of kids(rare) and sometimes you have a really bad year(rare) and usually they have very good teams(normal).
This is beyond a down year. Thompson had back to back losing seasons a while back, those losing record teams might run rule this team. No excuse.

I agree. Even if this team doesn’t figure it out (I still think they will), this will be the first “down year” in almost a decade. This is a new team with a new identity. It’s up to them to figure it out between now and May. I’m excited to see the growth.
There’s no growth. You don’t blow a 10-2 lead to Talawanda and get better. This is what they are.

There’s no growth. You don’t blow a 10-2 lead to Talawanda and get better. This is what they are.
There is absolutely growth. They returned 14.4% of the total innings pitched from last year and 2 consistent hitters in the lineup. You wont find another team more depleted from an experience standpoint. The transition from JV to Varsity is more difficult in baseball than almost any other sport. They have talent to be competitive. It’s just about finding the lineup that works and finding out who can consistently get outs on the mound which will take more than three games.

There is absolutely growth. They returned 14.4% of the total innings pitched from last year and 2 consistent hitters in the lineup. You wont find another team more depleted from an experience standpoint. The transition from JV to Varsity is more difficult in baseball than almost any other sport. They have talent to be competitive. It’s just about finding the lineup that works and finding out who can consistently get outs on the mound which will take more than three games.
They seem to be hitting fine, the errors and BBs are the issue. That’s all bad fundamentals.

This is beyond a down year. Thompson had back to back losing seasons a while back, those losing record teams might run rule this team. No excuse.
When did Elder have a losing season in baseball, much less back to back seasons?

When did Elder have a losing season in baseball, much less back to back seasons?
I saw in 2016 and 2017 they were 14-16 and 13-14. Maybe the two worst years in the history of the program..... right around 500.

I think they still have the most wins of any D1 school in Ohio.

I saw in 2016 and 2017 they were 14-16 and 13-14. Maybe the two worst years in the history of the program..... right around 500.

I think they still have the most wins of any D1 school in Ohio.
That’s great but in the present, the team is way down.

Went to the PAC yesterday for the 4pm game per the EHS site only to find no players or coaches only guys working on the field. At 6 pm EHS posted “Event Cancelled “.
Am I the only one who didn’t know this. Is there some other place to get updates?

That’s great but in the present, the team is way down.
If you are talking present as this two-week period, then yes, they are down.

They played for the state title 3 years ago and had about 6-7 guys from last years team to play college ball. They will be fine....

Went to the PAC yesterday for the 4pm game per the EHS site only to find no players or coaches only guys working on the field. At 6 pm EHS posted “Event Cancelled “.
Am I the only one who didn’t know this. Is there some other place to get updates?
The best way to get updates is to follow @cincinnati_elder_baseball on Instagram. They have gameday/final score/cancellation posts.

If you are talking present as this two-week period, then yes, they are down.

They played for the state title 3 years ago and had about 6-7 guys from last years team to play college ball. They will be fine....
Yes, the program is fine, this specific team is struggling.

The team was devastated not living up to Omar's expectations and threw in the towel for this year. :cautious:

I said down year. It happens. Beyond a down year would be like 2-20. That won't happen.

The expectations for Elder baseball are always high and they should be. I believe it's the winningest program in the state, along with 8 or 9 state titles. They will right the ship.

The expectations for Elder baseball are always high and they should be. I believe it's the winningest program in the state, along with 8 or 9 state titles. They will right the ship.
I don’t think they will. They don’t have the arms.