Barberton at C Falls

Baller

Went to the game last night with some of my classmates of 1982. What a bad game it was-totally shocked. Btown had more speed and size-But there offense is bad-Fox had an off night and he has good receivers-CFALLS put nine guys in the box and dared him to pass. The defense overall played well except they still do not understand how to stop the forward pass!!!! Bad night overall-overhead someone ask-"Is this the First and Punt Offense?" Im sure someone will come on here and make excuses and call me names-Cool-I call this as I see it 82-BHS Alum-Played hoops and football. Losing to Falls makes me want to puke. Falls is not a good team.

Have to find a way to get the ball into the hands of the receivers, we have several very good ones. Josh Williams touched the ball once on offense.

I agree that the defense played pretty well but was worn down as the game progressed. That's what happens when the offense goes three and out on every possesion.

QB has to play much better than he did tonight. Also think that freshman RB should move up to varsity.

Wtf!!!

31-0... are you kidding me? Why is Fox the starting QB? He throws Ducks! He threw ducks last year, he'll throw ducks this year, and he'll throw ducks next year. What position was V. Row playing? Thank God I wasn't their to see that.

With play like this, the last thing Barberton fans should worry about is weeds or the pole paint at Sharkey Stadium...

Sharkey has one of the worst offenses I've ever seen. What's the point of Williams out wide. If Calvin Johnson or Larry fitz touched the ball one time a game that coach wouldn't be around much. That being said defense looked good except for bad decisions by the dbs at times. Special teams looked good and o line played well. Can't score against falls. Who are u gonna score against? 0-10? Not a good start for kids that haven't paid to play yet.

not as bad as it sounds...

"The difference was the Falls Qb..." We played "O" with 10 players. Must bet able to pass in these times... to us not to them... 4 picks and MANY really bad throws. We had a man open deep early in a 0-0 game and just missed him. There has to be someone on that roster that can play that position better. Our skill players had no chance. An interception on a screen play??? A throw away intentional grounding with no receiver on that side of the field.There are time when taking a sack is not all bad.

The team played 3 of 4 quarters pretty well.. need 4 .. The defense, except for the deep pass played well and shut down all runners except the QB on ascramble. The DB was there and just gave up the coverage..

With even average Qb play this team can still win... The kid is probably a good kid who cares and wants to play well. but is not the man to play that position. Maybe there is someplace else he can contribute.

Last edited:
Sharkey has one of the worst offenses I've ever seen. What's the point of Williams out wide. If Calvin Johnson or Larry fitz touched the ball one time a game that coach wouldn't be around much. That being said defense looked good except for bad decisions by the dbs at times. Special teams looked good and o line played well. Can't score against falls. Who are u gonna score against? 0-10? Not a good start for kids that haven't paid to play yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------We have had 2 and 1/10 years without a Qb..

Blame the QB

I dont agree-blame the play calling-the plays that were called when we were ont he Falls 20 were horrid. Yes the kid did not play well but the O Coordinator and Defense Back coach called a bad game-Jeff shows 0 emotion out there-and gets mad when other coaches get upset or show emotion. Jeff you are not Paterno-You are not 80 years old. Show some fire and then the kids will show some also.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------We have had 2 and 1/10 years without a Qb..

3/4 of a year with Brian Brightenstien :Ohno: , 1/4 to 1/3 year with V. Row :thumb: , and 1 year with Fox :mad: . Out of the three, V. Row is the best, so why wasn't he playing QB last night?

I dont agree-blame the play calling-the plays that were called when we were ont he Falls 20 were horrid. Yes the kid did not play well but the O Coordinator and Defense Back coach called a bad game-Jeff shows 0 emotion out there-and gets mad when other coaches get upset or show emotion. Jeff you are not Paterno-You are not 80 years old. Show some fire and then the kids will show some also.

not many plays work when the player can not execute them. The deep ball was over the head of one of our best athletes... who gave up on it.

our hustle and fire was much improved last night but at times our execution was horrible. Do not forget the fumbles and int's give up field position ans opponent scores. 1 td after an int, 1 after a fumble, 2 qb runs (one on a scramble & the other a called run and one on a pic 6... add in a FG because we played good D.

Last edited:
Fire?

The only fire last night at Clifford was the Barberton fans fuming because of the horrible play calling-not getting your best offensive player the ball the whole first half-No Fire from team or coaches-FALLS is our BIG GAME-Lets act like it. I played for shark Sr. and Jack Sr. they had fire and motivated us to be the best. Did not see that last night-also my former teammates I was sitting with said this is the worse offense they have ever seen!!!!!! Coaches need some Fire in their bellies!!!!!!

The only fire last night at Clifford was the Barberton fans fuming because of the horrible play calling-not getting your best offensive player the ball the whole first half-No Fire from team or coaches-FALLS is our BIG GAME-Lets act like it. I played for shark Sr. and Jack Sr. they had fire and motivated us to be the best. Did not see that last night-also my former teammates I was sitting with said this is the worse offense they have ever seen!!!!!! Coaches need some Fire in their bellies!!!!!!

What year did you graduate? The only Baller I knew was JB from the class of 76.

Well nevermind on 0-10. Just saw ellet beat Springfield 63-6. So there is a chance.

What may also help you is I heard the Springfield qb broke his wrist in the game and they're going with a freshman qb. Also their stud Boso was knocked cold and on the ground for at least five minutes before being helped off. He didn't know if it was day or night.

3/4 of a year with Brian Brightenstien :Ohno: , 1/4 to 1/3 year with V. Row :thumb: , and 1 year with Fox :mad: . Out of the three, V. Row is the best, so why wasn't he playing QB last night?
You seem to be quite the expert on QB's. I'm curious to know if your experience is thru playing QB or coaching? If my memory isn't failing me I believe Breitenstine beat the Falls when he played QB. Am I correct? Here we go another year of grown men calling KIDS out because they have nothing better to do. So glad to be getting out of this town! And I feel sorry for the kids to come that have you guys for "fans".

You seem to be quite the expert on QB's. I'm curious to know if your experience is thru playing QB or coaching? If my memory isn't failing me I believe Breitenstine beat the Falls when he played QB. Am I correct? Here we go another year of grown men calling KIDS out because they have nothing better to do. So glad to be getting out of this town! And I feel sorry for the kids to come that have you guys for "fans".

If my memory serves me write, we won that game on two missed field goals at the end of the 4th quarter by C.F., also we had a great running game.... Also in that same year, Brian "QUIT" on the team when he was pulled out by Coach Sharkey because of his poor performance.

My opinions are my opinions and need no validation, :thumb:

If my memory serves me write, we won that game on two missed field goals at the end of the 4th quarter by C.F., also we had a great running game.... Also in that same year, Brian "QUIT" on the team when he was pulled out by Coach Sharkey because of his poor performance.

My opinions are my opinions and need no validation, :thumb:

Grow up dude. Surely you have something better to do then trash kids that play sports. Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion but calling kids out by name is ridiculous. How about giving them some credit for busting their butts out on that field 5+ days a week instead of running around town smoking cigarettes with their pants down around their ankles. But no you'd rather sit behind a screen name and kick dirt in their faces. Now that takes talent. Oh and by the way it's "if my memory serves me RIGHT" not write. And one more thing... When is it time to pull Coach Sharkey for his poor performance? Just curious.

WOW pulling 2 year old clips from Yahoo. You really don't have a life do you? Maybe you could take up a few grammar classes. ??

doylestown vs. barberton

what a game!

It might be however win or lose after several years in Barberton I'll stand beside Chippewa 100% because their kids play with heart (just as the Magics do) and they don't have to see their names being trashed on a website after the games. From what I've seen so far the adults know how to behave like adults. I wish the Magics the best of luck, as I know most of the kids playing, however this year I'll gladly wear my Chipps gear.

Grow up dude. Surely you have something better to do then trash kids that play sports. Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion but calling kids out by name is ridiculous. How about giving them some credit for busting their butts out on that field 5+ days a week instead of running around town smoking cigarettes with their pants down around their ankles. But no you'd rather sit behind a screen name and kick dirt in their faces. Now that takes talent. Oh and by the way it's "if my memory serves me RIGHT" not write. And one more thing... When is it time to pull Coach Sharkey for his poor performance? Just curious.

I could continue this conversation, but I'm going to take the high road because, this is really not worth my time. I feel sorry for Jeff Sharkey because this was his Dream Job, and he left a Winning Program he built at East Palestine, (my younger Cousins played for him there) and this is what he got. Good luck to Jeff, his staff, and the players Friday night Vs Springfield.

I'm sorry this thread got off topic, and that was partly my fault, but what's new on this Terrific Website!

P.S. East Palestine was like Barberton when Jeff started. In his third year, Jeff got them in the Playoffs with a record of 7-3. Here is the article... http://highschoolsports.cleveland.com/news/article/-6437337273250526496/barberton-football-names-new-coach-jeff-sharkey-son-of-former-leader-rudy-sharkey/

I could continue this conversation, but I'm going to take the high road because, this is really not worth my time. I feel sorry for Jeff Sharkey because this was his Dream Job, and he left a Winning Program he built at East Palestine, (my younger Cousins played for him there) and this is what he got. Good luck to Jeff, his staff, and the players Friday night Vs Springfield.

I'm sorry this thread got off topic, and that was partly my fault, but what's new on this Terrific Website!

P.S. East Palestine was like Barberton when Jeff started. In his third year, Jeff got them in the Playoffs with a record of 7-3. Here is the article... http://highschoolsports.cleveland.com/news/article/-6437337273250526496/barberton-football-names-new-coach-jeff-sharkey-son-of-former-leader-rudy-sharkey/

I just simply cannot stand the fact that people get on here and call kids out. It's not right. Kids have enough to deal with without grown ups picking at them. They are student athletes that play because they love the game not because they are making millions in the NFL. What I also don't understand is how's come when Sharkey has a team in the playoffs you say "he took them" but when he has a losing season it's the players.

Why do Chippewa fans worry about Barberton football and how their coach is doing? Shouldn't they be concerned about their coach and program that has not won a single game in the last three years?

Chippewa doesn't create forums to bash their kids. But whatever helps you guys sleep at night. I'll gladly leave this forum just like this city. And root for Chippewa no matter how many games they lose.