Average tenure of HS Head Wrestling coaches?

alecthegreat

Topic came up on the football forum and got me thinking...what is the average tenure of high school head wrestling coaches here in Ohio?

Larry gruber from St.marys memorial has 30 + I believe (him being my hs coach I should know)
Interesting story is he never wrestled competitively, only Got involved because I believe he wanted to help his brother.

On a great note, he was able to hand his first state title to one of his wrestlers. Not only was this the first finalist in history for us, he was a champ.
He also doubled that up with a runner up as well. Heck of a weekend and was overjoyed he was able to finally coach on the big stage.

I would venture to say it is significantly longer than football coaches! Lots of reasons for this but I think at many schools administration knows little if anything about wrestling so as long as they keep their nose clean and don't get many complaints they can keep their job a long time. I would be willing to bet most wrestling coaches' terms end when they resign for any number of reasons, as opposed to being let go. This doesn't mean that the personal stress and pressures are any less for a wrestling coach compared to a football coach, just the microscope from the outside focused on them isn't as strong.